It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP NewsBreak: Nuke agency says Iran can make bomb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Experts at the world's top atomic watchdog are in agreement that Tehran has the ability to make a nuclear bomb and is on the way to developing a missile system able to carry an atomic warhead, according to a secret report seen by The Associated Press.

The document drafted by senior officials at the International Atomic Energy Agency is the clearest indication yet that the agency's leaders share some officials in Washington's views on Iran's weapon-making capabilities.

It appears to be the so-called "secret annex" on Iran's nuclear program that Washington says is being withheld by the IAEA's chief.

The document says Iran has "sufficient information" to build a bomb. It says Iran is likely to "overcome problems" on developing a delivery system.
www.breitbart.com...
hosted.ap.org...

Perfect timing with our unilateral withdrawal from missile defense of Eastern Europe.

Of course, they've recently overcome the delivery problems with the modified Shahab-3 ICBM.

"Iran's Shahab-3 modified to carry nukes"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

jw

[edit on 17-9-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I gotta say that I'm not surprised in the least. Just yesterday I read an article stating basically that the administration is pressuring the atomic agency of finding something negative about Irans nuclear ambitions. Smells like a farce. Like the other person said,,,Iraqs' WMDS? Looool, where were they? There's an agenda here by certain people, and I certainly am not buying it. And who really cares? If Iran sends one off, They will be basically obliterated, unless it was in self defense. I think people really need to wake up....

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I am so shocked!! How can this be true?? It has to simply be another evil plot by Bush/Cheney/Israel/Right Wing Nut Jobs/Palin/Evangelicals . . .

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Already posted here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxumusx
I gotta say that I'm not surprised in the least. Just yesterday I read an article stating basically that the administration is pressuring the atomic agency of finding something negative about Irans nuclear ambitions. Smells like a farce. Like the other person said,,,Iraqs' WMDS? Looool, where were they? There's an agenda here by certain people, and I certainly am not buying it. And who really cares? If Iran sends one off, They will be basically obliterated, unless it was in self defense. I think people really need to wake up....

I totally agree with you.
"It’s just another bit of history repeating"

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxumusx

Once again, you have to go to foreign press to get anywhere near the truth.

The US media are generally bubbling with excitement, and ignoring the real implications.

I expect the truth is more grave than we're lead to believe:

The UN nuclear inspection agency believes that Iran has "sufficient information" to make a nuclear weapon and had "probably tested" a key component ... .
In the document quoted by AP, his [Baradei's] inspectors [secretly] report: "The agency… assesses that Iran has sufficient information to be able to design and produce a workable implosion nuclear device based on HEU [highly enriched uranium] as the fission fuel."
Furthermore the annexe said Iranian scientists had engaged in "probable testing" of explosives arranged in a hemisphere, which is how an implosion type of nuclear warhead is triggered.

There was also evidence, the report says, that Iran had worked on developing a chamber to carry a warhead on top of one of its missiles, "that is quite likely to be nuclear".

The annexe, entitled Possible Military Dimension of Iran's Nuclear Program, gives details of a top-level meeting in 1984 in which Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, then president now supreme leader, appears to give the green light for building a bomb, saying: "A nuclear arsenal would serve Iran as a deterrent in the hands of God's soldiers."

www.guardian.co.uk...

How nice. Sleep tight, sheeple.

new topics

top topics

join