It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NewsBreak: Nuke agency says Iran can make bomb

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

NewsBreak: Nuke agency says Iran can make bomb

www.google.com

Experts at the world's top atomic watchdog are in agreement that Tehran has the ability to make a nuclear bomb and is on the way to developing a missile system able to carry an atomic warhead, according to a secret report seen by The Associated Press.

The document drafted by senior officials at the International Atomic Energy Agency is the clearest indication yet that the agency's leaders share Washington's views on Iran's weapon-making capabilities.

It appears to be the so-called "secret annex" on Iran's nuclear program that Washington says is being withheld by the IAEA's chief.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Experts at the world's top atomic watchdog are in agreement that Tehran has the ability to make a nuclear bomb and is on the way to developing a missile system able to carry an atomic warhead, according to a secret report seen by The Associated Press.

The document drafted by senior officials at the International Atomic Energy Agency is the clearest indication yet that the agency's leaders share Washington's views on Iran's weapon-making capabilities.

It appears to be the so-called "secret annex" on Iran's nuclear program that Washington says is being withheld by the IAEA's chief.

The document says Iran has "sufficient information" to build a bomb. It says Iran is likely to "overcome problems" on developing a delivery system.

now this is really bad

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Nice find - thanks for sharing...

I dont know where I am with this... first they can, they then cant, now they can??? Who do you believe now - is it just a ploy to go to war (aka Iraq), or is there genuinely something sinister???? I guess we will find out.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Maybe that's where Sadam's Weapons of Mass Destruction went too...

Sorry... Couldn't hold back. Sounds like the same scenario to me...

2 Cents!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnL

People need to realize this is big news.
Could be very interesting to see if this has anything to do with the 9/22 threat.

For the record, I hope it does not.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysQuestion
Nice find - thanks for sharing...

I dont know where I am with this... first they can, they then cant, now they can??? Who do you believe now - is it just a ploy to go to war (aka Iraq), or is there genuinely something sinister???? I guess we will find out.

IAEA report

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnL

Israel is going to strike in 5. . . . 4. . . . . 3 . . . . .2 . . .

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Defense | 17.09.2009
US targets Russian support on Iran with shield reverse, say experts

Obama hopes for Russian support for his policy on Iran
Scrapping the US missile shield project has more to do with Iran than just its perceived lack of current threat, say experts. Removing the barrier to dialogue with Russia could give the US a powerful ally against Tehran.

www.dw-world.de...

It is all connected.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MIMRblazin
reply to post by JohnL

People need to realize this is big news.
Could be very interesting to see if this has anything to do with the 9/22 threat.

For the record, I hope it does not.

interesting times ahead

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Im sorry, but this just does not make any sense to me. At all.

Nuclear weapons are bad. We get that. I am sure Iran gets that and fully understands how much it would suck for them too. Long time ago, many countries raced to make it first then we used it the world said holy crap. Then russia said we gonna nuke you and we gonna nuke russia....and so on.

Nuclear weapons were created like 70 years ago. If they are going to spend years creating something why would it be the old nuke? Surely they would have come up with something new by now right? I mean, nukes are SO yesterday. Right????

Surely something else has been created in the past 70 years. Some other weapon that will make people say holy crap all over again.

It just seems like a big show that is being put on for our benifit. You know, wave this big obvious red flag in front of my face so I wont look at anything else. Or maybe I just hope so. Hopefully they are not dense enough to not watch for anything other than people making nukes. That is almost as silly as only watching to see if someone is making napalm.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
For example?

When you can turn on the Sun on the surface of the planet, exactly what do you consider to be the next obvious step?

A weapon that literally ignites the planet?

I'm all for progressive technological advances, but there are some walls that don't need to be scaled for obvious reasons.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by x2Strongx
Maybe that's where Sadam's Weapons of Mass Destruction went too...

Sorry... Couldn't hold back. Sounds like the same scenario to me...

2 Cents!
i don't think its fake

The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) is an international organization that seeks to promote the peaceful use of nuclear energy and to inhibit its use for military purposes. It was established as an autonomous organization on 29 July 1957. Though established independently of the United Nations under its own international treaty (the IAEA Statute), the IAEA reports to both the General Assembly and the Security Council.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Fools would attack Iran.

Scott Ritter says Pick your city:

The Bush administration has built a new generation of nuclear weapons that we call ‘usable’ nukes, and they have a nuclear ‘posture’ now, which permits the use of nuclear weapons in a non-nuclear environment if the Commander in Chief deems U.S forces to be at significant risk. If we start bombing Iran (I tell you now it’s not going to work).

My concern is that we will use nuclear weapons to break the backbone of Iranian resistance and it may not work, but what it will do is this: It will unleash the nuclear genie. So to all those Americans out there tonight who are saying, you know what, taking on Iran is a good thing… . And if we use nuclear weapons, the genie ain’t going back in the bottle until an American city is taken out by an Islamic weapon in retaliation. So tell me, you want to go to war against Iran, pick your city. Pick your city. Tell me which one you want gone. Seattle? L.A.? Boston? New York? Miami? Pick one! Because at least one’s going. And that’s something we should all think about before marching down this path of insanity.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Breaking:

Ahmadinejad: Tackling Israel is a national duty; Ahmadinejad: Zionist regime will not last long; its life has come to an end

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Friday the Holocaust was a "lie" and a pretext to create a Jewish state that Iranians had a religious duty to confront.

"The pretext (Holocaust) for the creation of the Zionist regime (Israel) is false ... It is a lie based on an unprovable and mythical claim," he told worshippers at Tehran University at the end of annual anti-Israel Quds Day rally.

"Confronting the Zionist regime is a national and religious duty," the Iranian president said.

"This regime [Israel] will not last long. Do not tie your fate to it?. This regime has no future. Its life has come to an end," he said in the speech broadcasted live on state radio.

(Source: haaretz.com)

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
So when the IAEA says that a country has the capability to create a nuclear weapon, what are they saying exactly?

Are they saying that they can now enrich sufficient uranium for a nuclear weapon? Are they saying that they possess the engineering and technological knowledge necessary to create a nuclear weapon? Are they saying they have the means to manufacture and forward deploy a nuclear weapon? Or are they saying that all of these factors are now in place and that, at any given time, the nation in question could create and use a nuclear weapon?

How far along, exactly, are they saying Iran now is?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Here is what is going on...

Go back to the media from between Sept 2001 and the invasion of Iraq - then substitute the 'Q' in Iraq with the 'N' from Iran.

Further, change Baghdad to Tehran and Saddam to Ahmedinejad.

*Try it first with the headlines. You'll laugh - then you'll be upset.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I suppose it's going to take beating some people with sticks to get them to understand that all this is just BS propaganda on Iran. And that's the problem, people want to listen to the media instead of the experts- and of course, the media won't listen to the experts either. Why would they? They've got an agenda to peddle!

Just yesterday the news came out AGAIN for Christ's sakes that intelligence experts (some honest ones) STILL have found no evidence whatsoever that Iran has been pursuing a nuclear weapons program, all the way back to 2003. You hear me? THEY HAVE NOT.

Find out the real truth here about Iran in this thread quoting experts:

The Truth About Iran's Nuclear Program

And stop being FOOLED by the propaganda machine!

[edit on Fri Sep 18th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I'm not asking what people personally feel is "really" going on. I'm asking what it is, precisely, that the IAEA is claiming is going on. How far along is the IAEA saying Iran is in terms of the production and deployment of a nuclear weapon?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
I suppose it's going to take beating some people with sticks to get them to understand that all this is just BS propaganda on Iran. And that's the problem, people want to listen to the media instead of the experts- and of course, the media won't listen to the experts either. Why would they? They've got an agenda to peddle!

Just yesterday the news came out AGAIN for Christ's sakes that intelligence experts (some honest ones) STILL have found no evidence whatsoever that Iran has been pursuing a nuclear weapons program, all the way back to 2003. You hear me? THEY HAVE NOT.

Find out the real truth here about Iran in this thread quoting experts:

The Truth About Iran's Nuclear Program

And stop being FOOLED by the propaganda machine!

[edit on Fri Sep 18th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

word

Mod Edit - Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AlwaysQuestion

I guess we will find out.
No we wont. After the last fiasco, there's no way that the "evidence" would not be found. If the USA attacks Iran, the CIA, oops sorry, private security guards will be geared up ready to go in a helicopter on a ship in the Persian Gulf, right behind the troops. As soon as the area is "secured", another helicopter with a TV news crew will be right behind them to film the "evidence". Expect "traces of significant radiation" spotted by some means reported before the big story breaks, possibly as a result of Israeli action.
Whether it happens or not will depend on negotiations with Russia & China, but the troops in Afghanistan go a long way towards preventing either from sending effective military aid, especially by the PLA.
Regardless of when, until there's no oil left, as long as Iran keep selling it for €uros, the USA will be trying to either invade or collapse Iran. The bankers may have the money in the USA, but the MIC has the power & PNAC is the agenda.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join