It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contacted by an anonymous

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
You must not really feel threatened or else I you would have called the police. Either you are telling a good story or your friend is messing with you.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

contact the authorities..

have them trace the messages...

if you are not b.s.ing

they dont look kindly on this sort of thing...trust me i know.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Wow, that is strange, but I agree with what everyone's saying about not posting too much personal stuff on the web. It does create situations where mentals can come and harass you.
But if what you're saying is true about them knowing stuff no one else knows then it is pretty creepy and something needs to be done!

Hopefully it is just someone pulling your leg, and isn't anything too serious; but good luck, I hope everything works out and keep us posted!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Well first thing I made clear in the OP was that I did not want anyone telling me to call authorities. Although it could potentially be a threatening situation, the main point of the thread was to see if this has happened to anyone else.

If I feel threatened, I will take matters into my own hands. I am very adept in net functions and protocols.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

u sure about that, because thats not what ive seen from your post.

you were suprised someone found your name.

btw 19 mins googling hacking dont count.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Stan Romanek has a similar story in his book about a person warning him to move to the mountains.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Oh yeah happens all the time, here is a transcript from my anonymous stalker conversation (i have changed the name to protect the identity of my anonymous stalker like you did and i use my social securty number for my screen name)

Not the Oracle: I'd ask you to sit down, but, you're not going to anyway. And don't worry about the vase.
512-55-3354: What vase?
Not the Oracle: That vase.
512-55-3354: I'm sorry...
Not the Oracle: I said don't worry about it. I'll get one of my kids to fix it.
512-55-3354: How did you know?
Not the Oracle: Ohh, what's really going to bake your noodle later on is, would you still have broken it if I hadn't said anything?

i believe you just wanted to share a short story you wrote

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
For whatever reasons the OP has elected not to contact law enforcement. I can respect that decision, and whatever is the reason for making it.

I personally do not question his varacity in this account of what is occurring.

I have starred a post which I felt gave a good action to take, that is, trying to learn the identity of the individual or individuals, by becoming your own snoop.

Let me ask you this, OP. Do you have knowledge/information of such a nature that would tend to be of such profound significance that someone would have an interest in taking your life to prevent you from revealing it?

I can tell you flat out.....I do not. Do you? If so, and you revealed this information, who would suffer from the disclosure, or be exposed? Do you know?

Rule out:
1. Is this work-related?
2. ATS related?
3. Romance related?
4. Conspiracy related?
5. Have you offended a whacko somehow?
6. Could this be a member of your family/extended family?

Edit to add: I'm thinking you have some kind of "hunch" about this.
Am I right?

[edit on 9/18/0909 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Instinctively, I'm finding this a little hard to swallow. The transcript you posted sounds as if both sides of the conversation were written by the same person. And your reluctance to report this to the police doesn't make any sense whatsoever!

I have to admit though, interesting post, and I probably will keep reading if you post new details!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

look dude. I never asked for trouble. Maybe you are just not real good at knowing sarcasm when you see it? Believe it or not, there are people in this world who are not as inept as wanna be hackers like yourself. Keep your pessimism at the door if you really are bitter about someone asking a "question" on this forum that is made to "question everything".

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Lady, I would have to say that I do not believe I possess such knowledge. I am just a regular Joe. As many have pointed out, it very well could be just someone messing with me. And that has not been discounted. And is mainly why I have not felt a need to contact authorities. But, I found it interesting nonetheless.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

yes we are are questioning YOU.
Your story kinda smells like BS and don't talk about hacking here there are forms for that. If you really were an all knowing computer hacker master you would be able to find out who your anonymous friend was or would at least be able to recover your chat logs.

What was this anonymous hackers screen name?

[edit on 18-9-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Mods please close this thread down now. Please? The question was simple "has this happened to anyone else"?

Claim BS all you folks want. Just wanted to know if this has happened to someone else. And if it did, maybe that situation was also BS. Hell, everything is probably BS. But, it was not the subject of the thread.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

defensive much? you didnt even know about social engineering. how to recover your chat logs. you have facebook.whatever and counltess usernames all linked up making it easy to find out about you by just googling your differant 'handles'....

comon, and you claim to be a hung foo hacker. or something. ...

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Ok why is everyone giving this person crap about his hacking skills?! He is only asking if anything like this has happened to anyone else...They obviously dont feel threatened and are just wanting to hear possible similar stories...

To the OP....Well I dont know what to think..I have never had this before. I have had anonymous people contact me but its never like this...

.IF this person isnt messing with you then I feel the term "threat" can be taken in different ways. You could be someone important to a good cause later on but considered a threat to the other side. That is how I see it personally...and that is only if this person isnt playing some trick on you....You said they mentioned things nobody else knew, now that would freak me out. Is there anyway someone might know these things???? Do you still talk to them? Ask them more about what kind of threat you are if you can..

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
hacking skills aside. (btw. my info is public because just like most others who post public info...it is there TO be public)

What is not public, is that way by design.

Honestly, I could care less what someone can learn about me on the internet. Facebook, myspace, aim, tagged, ATS. Whatever. Nothing sensitive to ME in my personal life is listed on any website. Which, like I said before is why THIS situation is so peculiar.

Learning my name? Big deal. I am aware of where my name is listed on the net.

Once again, I ask for the mods to close this thread. Some people simply don't know how to read or are too self-righteous to care why others post on this website.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Toodles
reply to post by zaiger

Mods please close this thread down now. Please? The question was simple "has this happened to anyone else"?

Claim BS all you folks want. Just wanted to know if this has happened to someone else. And if it did, maybe that situation was also BS. Hell, everything is probably BS. But, it was not the subject of the thread.

lol. In other words "people are calling me on the out points of my story please shut the thread down"

You told us a story that was kinda off the biggest thing for me was you protecting the ID of your "anonymous" stalker and they way the transrcipt was written sounded like one person writting both sides at BEST 2 guys role playin on WOW or something of that nature. We have been civil in this thread do try to get the thread closed because your story is off and people are not buying it.
Just like if i were to write a thread titled "im getting abducted by aliens tomorrow and will be moving to mars, what shoes should i wear" i would expect people to question the aliens and mars thing and would not expect many to tell me what kind of shoes to bring with me.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Toodles
Well first thing I made clear in the OP was that I did not want anyone telling me to call authorities. Although it could potentially be a threatening situation, the main point of the thread was to see if this has happened to anyone else.

If I feel threatened, I will take matters into my own hands. I am very adept in net functions and protocols.

Have you ever seen "Three days of the Condor"? If not here is the short plot. He stumbled into a real live conspiracy, and it came after him.

Im am going to assume you are really looking around for a story line to write a book, K?

Now, supposing there is some truth to your story, don't you think they would explain a little more to you? If "they" are in contact with you, and want something or need something don't you think they would ask you first, before threatening you? If its just a simple matter of saving your own life, well, let your consciences and heard guide you.

Do yourself a favor and combine "The Last Starfighter" 1984 And "Three Days to the Condor" 1975 and you will have one heck of a book.

Me contacted in that manner? No, dont believe so. At any rate, keep your cool, everything will come out in the wash..

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

You make valid points. As I said. This was something that was real to me. Most will not believe me as clearly stated. What I posted is only a tidbit of what actually went on. It only recently ended up in threatening me.

Although I never thought about using it for a story. I might just consider that.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
What other kind of stuff did this guy say to you, then? The mountain retreat would fit in with all of those 'end-of-world' scenario ideas - with survivalists retreating to a safe haven in the hills. Is this something you have posted about before on ATS? If so, it may just be someone being a little mischievous by playing with your fears.....?

Just a thought.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join