It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The President of the United States Replies to My Letter on Health Care!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

While I agree with you, the truth is that the President has enough staff on hand to divide up the task of reading each letter. I think the point here is that NOBODY reads them, not just that the President himself doesn't read them.

Then, instead of having the same form letter that doesn't even come close to addressing any of the initial concerns/comments, the very LEAST they could do is divide up the letters into categories based on the most prevalent concern -- and create different form letters based on the concern.

It really wouldn't be that difficult or that taxing. Let's face it -- the majority of letters on healthcare are going to contain the same components: cost, coverage, end of life rights, employer concerns, etc. There's probably a list of about 20 generalities that could be made to sum up points of concern.

At least that way, despite receiving a form letter in return, you would at least know that someone read it in order to sort it into the right category. While not ideal, at least someone will start getting the message.

And I would imagine that the person(s) responsible for reading them would quickly realize what the major source of opposition is (i.e. cost, etc.) and share that with the President.

Just a thought.

I would at least feel better receiving a form letter that answered/addressed my concerns, rather than a blatant ad for healthcare reform, which in my opinion is exactly all this letter is.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Thanks for sharing that and posting. I think it's wrong not to do at a bare minimum what you are suggesting, as the technology, staff and money is readily available to accomplish something that at least respects the notion that citizens are expressing different points of views, valid concerns and questions.

Excellent post!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Unfortunately, this is nothing new. When I was around 10 years old, I spent several days writing a letter to George Bush (senior). Hand written, sent through the actual mail (no email in those days), several days to research the issues and problems I wanted to address. Many weeks go by and I see a letter sent to me from the White House. I was so excited and took it to school to show the teacher and my classmates. It was such a wonderful feeling of accomplishment and of being a part of the American process.

Presidential seal. An 8x10 photo of Bush. His signature. It was the works. Until the howling laughter broke out because in my naivety, I didn't realize it was a form letter.

So, it happens. With the millions of letters the White House gets, it is impossible for them to send tailored responses to each citizen.

However, what I do find unfair about the response you received is that it was sent to a site specifically set up to address the issues with the health reform bill. They should at the very least have form letters for specific issues they are receiving. A response to those asking what it will cost the taxpayer, a response to those asking about the death panel rumor, a response to those asking about the inclusion of illegal aliens, etc.

To send a specific letter to a site specifically set up to address the issue and to receive a generic form letter that didn't remotely address your concern even in a form letter is kind of aggravating. lol

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

First Ashley let me say how sorry I am that George Hebert Walker Bush did not have the plain good sense to make you one of the Thousand Points of Light! I bet he might have gotten a second term had he.

Second, I very much agree with both the fact that it would be impossible for everyone or even hardly anyone to get a personal response from the White House from either the President or his staff, but I very much also agree that they could have more specific and targeted form letters to at least try to match the letter with a reasonably suitable response.

Third I think we both know number 2 would have happened if not for the Gnomes on the Lawn and the Gremlins in the machine!

Thanks for posting Ashley D, I couldn't make you a belated Thousand Point of Light but I did give you a star

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

At least your President Bush reply wasn't in crayon, mine was.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join