It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarkozy: Iran working on nukes today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Sarkozy: Iran working on nukes today

www.jpost.com

After Paris warned that new sanctions against Teheran remained an option despite the likelihood of negotiations with Iran, French President Nicolas Sarkozy maintained that the Islamic republic was still working on a nuclear weapons program. "It is a certainty to all of our secret services. Iran is working today on a nuclear [weapons] program," Sarkozy told lawmakers from his UMP party on Tuesday, according to Press TV.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
So now we are getting word from the French PM that Iran is working "today" on nuclear weapons.

This is the same country that was trying to stop the war in Iraq even thought they also claimed that Saddam was hidding WMD, but they just wanted more sanctions since the french, and other countries were getting rich form the Oil for Food scandal, which included many power-hungry politicians in the UN, and from many different nations. As a matter of fact most politicians who were caught in the Oil For Food programs were part of all those nations which didn't want the war in Iraq, they just wanted more sanctions meanwhile 500,000 Iraqi children under age 5 died from the past sanctions.

It seems that once more France is asking for sanctions, and this time President Obama is agreeing with the French PM.

"The two leaders discussed the status of diplomatic efforts to bring Iran into compliance with its international obligations on its nuclear program," according to a released after Obama and Sarkozy spoke over the telephone.

The meeting is scheduled on October 1st.

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-9-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
To be honest, right now i would say sanctions are far preferable then air strikes.

Then again how many sanctions have they imposed on Iran? They can't be doing much good if Iran is still allegedly developing nuclear weapons.

[edit on 17/9/09 by Kram09]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I can't believe it!

Didn't one of our politically influenced Intelligence Briefs conclude that there was no Iranian nuclear program just about two years ago?

Oh.

It was wrong?

Don't you love it when politicians influence intelligence reports?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
How can anyone be so intensely naive to believe that Iran or any other group for that matter that thinks it can get away with it, would NOT create Nukes.

Seriously. I cannot fathom how naive, and profoundly lacking one would need to be to ever consider that these groups are NOT pursuing nuclear weapons.

The very basis of their ideologies would require them to do so.

The sense of taken entitlement would make it a driving force.

The want to be powerful in the face of being afraid of their neighbours and the bigger dogs would be a fear nipping at their egos.

What other reason would you EVER think that a teeny-tiny nation that is literally floating on petroleum resources would have? A fear of energy crisis? Not enough to go around?

What exactly would you think is spurring this expensive, dangerous, politically fraught decision......when it is NOT about a problem with energy?

Hm?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
OK so we have the French & the IAEA saying Iran is developing a nuke.
US pulls OUT of the missile shield plan...

Awful weird timing isn't it? (I'm confused as my post will show)

Almost makes me think that the gov WANTS Iran to be armed.

1-Let's think about why??? Well The Shia Muslims arch enemy is the Sunni Muslims. MAD, mutually assured destruction, if the Sunnis get a weapon. And let's be serious, they will mutually destruct as it's their nature.

2-On the other hand Israel now has reason to go into Iran and a deal with the Russians to do so might have required a complete withdrawal of the missile shield plan. However unlikely it is that Iran would ever bother with Israel. Israel is well known to nip things in the bud long before a potential threat can arise, challenging their power.

We have two possible scenarios and it stinks of "which is more profitable and for whom?" both in financial and casual gain... My guess would be option 1. Maybe France sees this as a threat to the balance of power for the EU, who hope to exploit the middle east as well. In my opinion, they are trying to prevent option 1, maybe by cooking the books / exaggerating somewhat to eliminate competition for the more oil-rich Sunni / Royal states.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I suspect the same. There is a will to have Iran armed.

This is not NOT about Sunni Shia.

Because both sides are REQUIRED by the Quran to support each other before they side with YOU.

And they have been cooperating. Iran and the Sauds are playing more than one instrument.

[edit on 2009/9/17 by Aeons]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Afghanistan is the heart of the mythical great Caliphate.

The people with the power are in Saudi.

The people with the will to be the center of the Caliphate are in Iran.

They couldn't get Aghanistan because they over played their hand.

So they went South, to firm up their Southern "border" for their new Pan-Islamic State.

The Horn of Africa allows them to firm up their control around the water transportation routes. The tantilizing of controlling the pirate problem in the old ways, by having the area controlled by Islamic leaders is the bait.

Creating an area to feed their future need for solidiers - out of the Horn of Africa and the Maghreb.

This area is good for resources. It also happens to have U235 and U238 mines. In an area that is hard to observe or control, and it politically corrupt, and difficult to manage. Getting those resources directly would be far easier than trying to buy it elsewhere.

The Silk Road is still the Silk Road, it just carries some newer products in some different ways. The vastness of the territory they are trying to firm up is astounding.

People in the First World see this area and think it is small or insignificant. The area that they are trying to firm up is tremendously large. People regularly understimate the size of Africa, and the tremendously large area of Asia this encompasses.

This isn't about religion. These people are USING religion as the backbone to control and create the means by which they want to firm up the area they are looking to control. It is all about money and power.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
www.voanews.com...

Oh. Iran's ambassador to France essentially said, "Am NOT!"

How...convincing.

Now all the ambassador has to do is tell us why Iran would decide to build a Nuclear reactor is doesn't need, and which consumes much money and people resources they have little of, when they are sitting on top of some very very cheap energy.

Motivations...motivations...motivations say ALL!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
The best policy for dealing with an extremist country developing nuclear weapons is for the UN to say, "Disarm or we will wipe you off the face of the earth". I betcha that will get the job done!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
The best policy for dealing with an extremist country developing nuclear weapons is for the UN to say, "Disarm or we will wipe you off the face of the earth". I betcha that will get the job done!

Because the UN has a long history of taking a tough stance on an issue and following through with its resolution if it requires military action. I am sure the people in Darfur or Zimbabwe would agree.

UN is as good as a circle of idiots who all have an opinion and refuse to come to an agreement with each other - and in doing so manage to lay waste to hundreds of millions of dollars in funding. There is a better chance that Girl Scouts wipe Iran off the face of the earth, before UN decides to get its collectively lazy hands dirty.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by maloy]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
lol..................................

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Sarkozy, to me, is the mole/leader that Cheney and Bush planted.
They knew the republicans wouldnt last, they knew there cabal wouldnt remain in the whitehouse after bush. But they needed a nuclear armed, powerhouse nation to still push there agenda.

Thus, Sarkozy.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Ok, but France as the nuclear armed powerhouse nation?
Kind of hard to make France into a military powerhouse based on its reputation as wine and cheese powerhouse. Of course there is a surprise factor here - nobody could possibly expect this from France.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by maloy

hehe yeah i get what your saying.

But, France are a armed powerhouse.
WW2's opening months arent really something people should abide by.

I admire France for their WW2 position against the Germans in the early days, that was a hard decision to make, and in light of events since, it was the right one... Have you stood atop the effiel tower?

France has the bomb.
They have a army.
They are technologically advanced.
They have a young, free populace.

And, they are passionate. Imagine if a major event occured in Paris? killing 10's of thousands?

The people would rally like never before.

Dont underestimate France.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

France has fallen behind many nations in terms of technology advancedment. But the people are a force to be reckoned with.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Mind1universe

I dunno,
France are technologically advanced.
Plus, its not like the UK and US wouldnt supply them.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
This is what is going to happen. The US and the EU are going to urge and demand Iran stop production of nuclear arms, Iran with the backing of Russia is going to say No, not a chance and there is nothing you can do. Then it goes to the UN security council and guess what, no resolutions pass cause Russia will veto all against Iran. Iran is working alot of deals to where it can get the best options going while looking like it is defying the US. The Isreal retoric is just a smoke screen.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This all coincides with Obama coming out and saying, 'Oh, by the way, I am scraping the missile program because it really isn't needed, we just miscalculated."

Uh huh

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by maloy

Ok, but France as the nuclear armed powerhouse nation?
Kind of hard to make France into a military powerhouse based on its reputation as wine and cheese powerhouse. Of course there is a surprise factor here - nobody could possibly expect this from France.

France has been the middle man in arming numerous other nations who are friendlies.

France has always been two faced. Skulking in the dark while prancingin the light is about their specialty

top topics

join