It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you deal with rude people and stress?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
"OK, I DO HEAR YOU". Things are sucking right now for everyone, but we have to believe it "Will be alright". I'm really very sorry I upset you.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Wait till they are not looking and then sleep with their wife / girlfriend.

It totally helps with the stress

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

I think dealing with rude people is a good way to test yourself in staying positive and in control of the situation, I believe every 'negative' moment and every stressful moment is a very valuable teaching for yourself, or it can be if you let it. Just my $0.02

EDIT: So the way that i deal with stress and rude people is this, I try to keep my feelings under control and stay happy, getting upset or angry over the situation is pointless, your only hurting yourself. So I stay calm with good intentions and go with the flow. Tell the rude people to have a wonderful day, smile, and get on with it. Dealing with stress I think about the situation and see that this is a test for myself, i ask myself why am i stressing? why not accept whats going on in my life which is stressful as the best possible outcome, for the moment, then i take it in a positive direction.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by 4stral4pprentice]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
add 20 dollars to the bill!!! [thanks Siegfried]

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
In real life .. I avoid them. REALLY avoid them. They are spiritually draining. On ATS ... I either grind them into the dust or I hit the alert button if they break T&C and get me too ticked to trust myself.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

As Proverbs declares . . .

there's a time to avoid speaking to fools . . . lest one be contaminated by their foolishness . . .

and

a time to rebuke fools . . . in behalf of good, sanity, right-ness etc. and maybe give them a slight chance to adjust their reality toward finding some redemptive choices workable for them vs continuing on their self-destructive path.

However, having spent too much time over too many decades trying to rescue fools from themselves . . . it rarely works. They tend to have a death grip on stupidity and self-destructiveness while thinking all such is brilliance to the max.

Sad. Sometimes . . . horrifically sad.

I think it's generally wise to avoid folks who are determined to lower one to their level. Certainly when one has options--choose folks who help raise one's spirits and challenge one to be the best they can be.

When in a work situation . . . the minimum proper communication . . . if it's needed, talk to a supervisor. If the supervisor is the or also a jerk . . . hunker down and focus on what's worth focusing on.

Sometimes one can make a STATEMENT . . . [not a question as questions feel accusing] . . . a statement . . . that in your experience, when you've behaved in that fashion, it has never worked out well for you.

Then drop it.

Sometimes, I've noted something positive about the really negative jerk . . . and then the next day, or week, tried to note something else I could affirm about them. But it has to be in a genuine tone and truly something worth affirming.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join