It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The murder of Nick Berg proves mainstream media is a line of garbage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Last night i had an old friend visit me that i hadnt seen in a long time.

This old friends name is RAGE...

I didnt ever think i would see him again....

Last night while watching my propaganda machine and flipping from one major news network to the next, I was hearing the same terrible dirge reported.....like some demented mantra....

#1 Nick Berg gave out his email address to some one who gave it to a terrorist. (equating in the minds of the populace that he is really no more than a terrorist)

#2 Nick Berg was offered a plane ride out of the country.
( yep ...he sure was ....but do you think they offered him a safe ride to the airport down RPG alley.??....No they didnt.)

#3 Nick Berg was carrying a copy of the quaran.....( My god he is definitely a terrorist sympathizer now) How convenient

#4 Nick Berg was traveling alone.....Yep he should have at least some armed guards or a couple of friends with him .....( what a fool hardy young man)...sarcasm.(he had it coming....didnt he?)

This went on for hours and i heard all this with some other nice excuses made up for the reason he no longer has a head......but you know what ????
Never once in theese hours of channel flipping did i hear of any of the inconsistincies in the time line or the video or the emails sent by the u.s consulate to Nicks parents.
It didnt matter what station i watched....never once were they mentioned....my how convenient.

This is when my old friend paid me a visit ....in a most unusual form , at least thats not how he used to visit me in the past ....RAGE ,in the past would build slowly to a crescendo.....but this time it was like it crashed thru a flood gate ......for a second i almost embraced my old friend and said lets do some of the things we used to do.!!!
But knowing my old friends penchance to see me destroy my self , i quickly put the kaibosh on him and sent him packing with the help of some new friends...

There is not one of you here on ATS who i do not hold the upmost respect for ....in fact in years past i held grudges against many and have forgiven all....even the most heinous humans who populate this planet....the feeling was quite liberating and it felt like id dropped a 1000 lbs i was carrying on my back....

Now is the time for those of you who take any source of news from mainstream media and mouth it as the whole truth to stop doing it ....
No one will point to your mistakes of the past and you will be welcomed home as a brother or sister.

AP or REUTERS are utterly unreliable and promoting the worst propaganda....(Reuters...sounds like something you solve with an anal suppository doesnt it ?) They are making Joseph Goebbels look like a date with little Mary Sunshine.
They flush there # down the proverbial toilet and the reporters get there skewed version of events ...cover them selves in this fecal matter and then proceed to run it up the flag pole to see who salutes.

I hear time and again people bash grass roots news sources here and in other places as being unreliable ...but you know what ???
Thats where the real news reporting is done by people in the field .....real reporters ....not mouth pieces who sit behind a computer or a desk and relay the garbage that is to be taken as the truth.....serving some giant propaganda machine with the most sinister of motives.

I have personally years ago seen news happen and then watched it be reported completely different than how it actually happened and have never taken mainstream media serious ever since....

In the name of all that is good ...fair....and honest ....in the name of Nick Berg .....who had more good intentions than Dudley Do right. I would ask you to consider an alternative to theese news organizations with malefic intentions.

Nick could have been your brother....your friend....your relative......Nick was your Neighbour in a higher sense and the injustice done to him is seen by the highest sources ....I think you know what i mean....

Consider your eternal inheritance and not the short warm moment that you will be spending here on this planet......That is all i ask.

I want to thank ATS and the users of ATS for exposing the problems with main stream media....KUDOS

[Edited on 15-5-2004 by watcheroftheskies]

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
We don't have cable here at our house so just the 4 main channels and the news doesn't tell us whats happening outside our state 99% of the time. The first I heard about any news recentley (abuse, beheading, mex ufo etc.) has been ATSNN.
From the sounds of things I'm pretty lucky. The news is so damn depressing anyway.
Makes me sad for Nick Berg and his relations.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Text#3 Nick Berg was carrying a copy of the quaran.....( My god he is definitely a terrorist sympathizer now) How convenient

I have a copy of the quaran, I guess I have links with terrorist

ABout the media I just echo what I had always said, of berg It is a shame that the fbi is trying to cover their behing with allegations that he was a terrorist. The media plays psycological games with us the public, is a fact that can be prove, when I was in college in our psycology class the did a experiment with a video, viewed in different ways and the results were very interesting depending of what part of the video they feed you. I see the media in the same way, it play with our minds.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
watcheroftheskies-

I'm with you!

Before ATS, I would watch all the major news networks ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX...I'd listen to talk radio, Rush and Sean Hannity. I would hear the news reports and begin throwing things/screaming at the TV/Radio because things would not add up. I would end up more confused and wonder what the truth really was.

I finally figured out the truth. The networks are looking for the almighty dollar. The more they sensationalize things, the more people watch, the more the networks can charge advertisers.

The people on ATS are not out for the money. Okay, I'm out for points so I can get a cool background and entry into RATS! BUT, not enough to lie.

Thank You ATS for giving me back my sanity and providing me with up to date news and analysis.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   

TextBefore ATS, I would watch all the major news networks ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX...I'd listen to talk radio, Rush and Sean Hannity. I would hear the news reports and begin throwing things/screaming at the TV/Radio because things would not add up. I would end up more confused and wonder what the truth really was.

And you can tell who their favourite candidate is also. And the oppinion polls the perform are just something to laught about.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

[And the oppinion polls the perform are just something to laught about.

Yes, this morning I made the mistake of listening to the radio. I heard three different polls from three different sources. 1. Bush ahead by three. 2. Kerry ahead by six. 3. Bush and Kerry in a dead heat.

NOW, WHICH IS IT?????

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The media is the most powerful weapon in the world, more than an atomic or nuclear bomb because although an atomic bomb kills mass numbers of people, the media molds mass numbers of people to become killers of other masses of people.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
The media is the most powerful weapon in the world, more than an atomic or nuclear bomb because although an atomic bomb kills mass numbers of people, the media molds mass numbers of people to become killers of other masses of people.

Exactly ......The media is unit which most of the populace takes to be the absolute truth,you will hear people over and over again tell you about a situation that they believe is the truth and will instantly refer to the news when you ask them where they heard it from ....if they saw it in the papers or on the news in there minds it is the truth and not to be questioned....the programming and conditioning that is happening to the populace is without a doubt the worst thing in society....it has led to a non-thinking populace ...unable to form opinions on there own.....only able to parrot what theyve heard on there subliminal propaganda machines......

Emancipate your selves from mental slavery none but ourselves can free our minds.....Bob Marley .....from: Redemption Song

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
If I knew how to toss up a quote I would quote Illmatic67 as well.......(((((((Illmatic67's quote))))))))))

I have worked VERY hard to be a media news free human. I do NOT read newspapers except to see what movies are playing near me, and classified adds when needed.
The TV goes OFF or a video at 6pm and 10pm...NO NO NO news for me! the commercials I am pounded with are BAD enough when watching something I like.

NO canned laugh tracks for me....nobodys going to force me to laugh at stupid things just cuz I hear laughter...I find it SO ANNOYING I wont watch shows with a laugh track.
IF IF....some station wanted to do a news show focusing on the GREAT things people do..(little Johnny got an A+).....(Rover found grannys long lost photo album)....the happiness they have found....and the flowers they grow, sign me up. Send some good vibes to me over the boob toob for a change. STOP trying to keep me in a state of fear and panic! Stop trying to SELL me milk for crying out loud!!!

I am a huge fan of the Oprah Winfrey show and they cant pay that woman enough

When I am looking for NEWS that matters from MY prospective.....its alternative places, underground papers......and this site especially.......HERE not only can I find facts, but various peoples take on how THEY are interpeting these facts. From various corners of the planet, here are people shareing theyre views. NOT SOME HIGH PAID SPOKESPERSON!!! I can make my own decision on how I am going to TAKE in these facts, and fit them into my views. I read threads on every subject for I like to be an informed person....I just refuse to take in the drivel the NETWORKS are trying to shove down my throat.

High 5 Watcher.......good post!

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
While I won't quote Watcher and Godess ver batim, that is exactly it. I never listen to the news, radio or TV. Read it sparingly, and that is the news I CHOOSE to read. This site is exceptional in the fact that the news is reported AND all aspects of the political process is presented then get involved, myself included.

[Edited on 18-5-2004 by intrepid]

join