It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Desperation and Dangers of the Far-Right Extreme Evangelical Sub-Culture

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
Would you prefer that everyone drop their beliefs and adapt themselves to your beliefs? It sure seems that way.

I don't know where you got that idea, and nothing could be further from the truth. Perhaps you should read my thread about the Far Left Extremists Sub-Culture

Should I be afraid for my life because people like me, who are not like you, should be ridiculed, misunderstood, marginalized, humiliated and worse because I have opposing views, thoughts, ideologies, beliefs and values?

Um, no.

Dude, why are you trying so hard to cause even more harm?

I'm not a dude. And I'm not trying to cause harm. I'm trying to have a discussion and a debate about the political realities in our country today. What are you doing? Having a little rant at my expense?

Have some coffee or an herbal tea or something. Pet a dog. Breathe deep. Chill out.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues
Just how would you like to see the US if you had your idiology as a blueprint to restructure America??

I'm not going to go into details, but I am not and never have been a member of any political party. I have voted Democrat, Republican and Independent. My political views are mostly Libertarian. I support the Constitution and personal liberty and responsibility. I supported Ron Paul for a while, but voted for Obama in this last election. So, I hope that satisfies your curiosity about my personal political ideology, even though that has nothing to do with this thread.

When people are ready to extend a hand to others who are not sharing a similar ideology, I'll take a deep breath and think that we are finally on our way to better lives for everyone.

I have done this many, many times. And you didn't take a deep breath. You came in my thread with your boatload of negative assumptions and went on a personal rampage against me and my beliefs (or beliefs that you imagine I have). I call BS on the above statement.

Originally posted by Redpillblues
Shrewd one you are..Just sit on the razors edge..

Does it make you uncomfortable that I am not a religious devotee to a political ideology like most of the people in this country? Isn't it just confusing that you can't place me in a box? Does it piss you off? Good! Call it whatever you like. Shrewd, eh?

marked by clever discerning awareness and hardheaded acumen b : given to wily and artful ways or dealing

I'll cop to that.

Now, unless there are any more personal assumptions, accusations or rants that y'all need to get out of your system, do you suppose we could get back to the subject of the thread?

That would be cool.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

How benevolent of you Heretic.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for trying to keep all injustices flowing in inevitable perpetuity. Where are your solutions? An herbal tea? How flippant and arrogant of you.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

This movement is a cult. And their leaders are Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh and now, Orly Taitz. I must move past these people and stop trying to present facts. To continue to do what I have been doing is to do the same thing as the atheists who are always trying to use facts to convince the religious fanatics that their God (in whom they have an enormous faith) does not exist!

The media bias is just as extremist on the left, the problem is that people are being divided by both, and far to many have apparently lost the ability to think for themselves.

extremism... left, right, religion, culture etc is simply a way to divide people and confuse the issues.

It is like watching livestock being herded and led to slaughter.

Truth and fact depends entirely on your perspective, and that perspective on where you have been led by the extremists of your choosing.

Which cable news network do you watch?

[edit on 19-9-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Did you forget to address this? No comment? Surely you can come up with something benevolent in regards to this comment. Nice dog!

How about this? Leave everyone else alone until you figure out why your life isn't perfect. Instead of blaming the ideologies of others, why not check in on yourself, be honest and figure out if you think your way is the right way and the best way for everyone else. If that is what you conclude then you can be assured you are causing way more problems than you are solving by digging around looking for inflammatory bits and pieces to fling at the fearsome "enemy" in your mind.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Where are your solutions? An herbal tea? How flippant and arrogant of you.

I don't have any solutions for you. That's something you're going to have to deal with. But when you come in my thread and make a boatload of incorrect assumptions and fiercely attack me, based on those assumptions, I'm not going to roll over and cry.

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
The media bias is just as extremist on the left, the problem is that people are being divided by both, and far to many have apparently lost the ability to think for themselves.

The Extreme Left-Wing Subculture is being discussed in this thread

Which cable news network do you watch?

Several. Including FOX and MSNBC. But I don't get my news there. It's just entertainment.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

How about this? Leave everyone else alone until you figure out why your life isn't perfect. Instead of blaming the ideologies of others, why not check in on yourself, be honest and figure out if you think your way is the right way and the best way for everyone else.

I did not forget to address this. I think it's stupid and full of incorrect assumptions on your part. But if it's important to you...

I'm not going to leave everyone alone until my life is perfect. One, we are a social race. Interacting with other people is a healthy thing to do. Having and voicing opinions is also healthy. Two, my interactions with others are not intended to change how they are or what they believe. Three, my life, while close to perfect, will never reach perfection.

I am not blaming anyone's ideologies (another incorrect assumption on your part)

I have NEVER even implied, by the grossest exaggeration, that my way of life the right way and the best way for everyone else. That is TOTALLY against my beliefs. (another incorrect assumption on your part)

If that is what you conclude then you can be assured you are causing way more problems than you are solving by digging around looking for inflammatory bits and pieces to fling at the fearsome "enemy" in your mind.

It is NOT what I conclude, it's what YOU concluded about me. (another incorrect assumption on your part) I reject your conclusions.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Nice smear job against Christian Conservatives. Its funny because the Conservative movement for the most part are well informed and when the left is presented with facts from the right lately the way they deal with it is to play stupid or just avoid it all together.

The left have this fad now of trying to make Cristian Conservatives seem like racist, extremist, fear mongering terrorist when nothing could be further from the truth. If you are scared of what Conservatives are saying you are in fact scared of the truth. Don't blame us for making the current state of the country obvious to you just because you cant handle it.

A good example is the protest in Washington this past weekend. over 1 million of these christian conservative right wing extremist nut jobs showed up and not 1 single person was arrested.

It was a peaceful protest and all the left can do is try to make it look like it didn't happen or like it was 1 million racist that hate obama. Obviously that is bull. It was about out of control spending and out of control government ran by bankers looting our country for their own personal gain.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
As far as "Extreme Evangelical Sub-Culture" how about Mr Jaramiah Wright? Link

Looks like it can go both ways huh??

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
Nice smear job against Christian Conservatives.

I have already responded to this charge in this post.

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
Looks like it can go both ways huh??

Yes, it can and does. That's why I also created this thread about the Left Extreme Subculture.

(sigh)

Funny, I haven't been accused ONCE of a smear job against liberals there...

[edit on 19-9-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

I know my enemies very well, actually they are the same and only enemies we the people have all the people in this nation, and had for a long time.

So is not reason to made threads like this one into a personal issue, to derail the true meaning behind the OP.

No thread in ATS has ever made me feel targeted or afraid of what I believe, for the contrary threads that do not agree with my believers are the most interesting of all.

Open mindedness is what has kept me a member of this forum for so many years.

No body has to agree with everything they read in a thread, but going after the Op opener because their point of view is different is actually very lame.

Information of any kind only help feed the mind, it doesn't corrupt any thing that doesn't want to be corrupted and it actually enlightens those that are willing to see the different angles of an issue.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Who would YOU rather live next door to? Right wing Evangelical Christians who hold a prayer meeting in the back yard once a week. Or left wing Wiccans or Pagans who hold a rituallistic magick or black mass ceremony in the back yard once a week?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GigaloCool

I'd rather not live next door to anyone who held ceremonies in their back yard once a week, and all religious ceremony is the same to me... but all the Wiccans and Pagans I've known have been very cool people. Not so with Christians. So I'll pick the Wiccans and Pagans.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by GigaloCool

I have no problem with either one , as long as they dont have a problem with an Asatru Odinist gathering in my backyard once a week with lots of feasting and drinking.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I second that! Especially any that want to smite the heathens!
As Frost (Robert, not David) said, "good fences make good neighbors."

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Wiccans...pagans and satanists are entirely different...

Wiccans and pagans do not preform black masses or anything like that...they harken back to the old mythologies and rites of either the classical world or the celtic one for the most part.

Satanists who do preform black masses are most properly considered inversions of classic Catholicism since their rites myths and doctrine are designed to be the exact opposite of their Catholic counter parts.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Actually it's your assertions that are hysterical and illogical. The United States was founded by right wing fundamentalist christians. Without them you would have no concept of charity to the poor and justice for the oppressed or even the concept of God given inalienable rights.

The concerns with regards to Obama are quite legitimate. He models to some extent the antichrist. If he starts exhibiting supernatural powers then it is likely he is the antichrist. I personally do not think he is charismatic or popular enough to be the antichrist.

He is, however, fundamentally, anti-american, and a communist and might well be an usurper if the details of his birth are not what he claims. Finally you are living in a fantasy world if you think that the worldview that has been handed to you by an oppressive state, is anything close to the truth. The Bible has been proven to be true both archeologically and more importantly through fulfilled prophecy. Perhaps you should reconsider your narrow Christ hating worldview.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by SevenThunders]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Well looks like you have struck a vein BH, or more like the umbilical cord -

I think religion is fine until you throw it in my face, try to squat on science or use it as a
way to garner hatred.

Supporting Bush and Obama Anti Christ stuff has done it for me -

Judgmental lot for following a fellow who cautioned about casting stones...

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders

The concerns with regards to Obama are quite legitimate. He models to some extent the antichrist. If he starts exhibiting supernatural powers then it is likely he is the antichrist. I personally do not think he is charismatic or popular enough to be the antichrist.

He is, however, fundamentally, anti-american, and a communist and might well be an usurper if the details of his birth are not what he claims. Finally you are living in a fantasy world if you think that the worldview that has been handed to you by an oppressive state, is anything close to the truth. The Bible has been proven to be true both archeologically and more importantly through fulfilled prophecy. Perhaps you should reconsider your narrow Christ hating worldview.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by SevenThunders]

No, the concerns about Obama are fully crap - in fact your entire post is so crappy and unchristian I think you should think about getting into LAW.

The bible is a story filled with moral tales and fantasy - And when you base your entire world view on fantasy it seems to be easy to believe the fantastically ignorant things such as the two paragraphs above. IMSO

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join