It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Im lost between generations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Hi all

Where do I fit in the generation gap?I am not a baby boomer and I'm not the new age generation.

I am talking about people born in 1964

Baby-boomers ended in 1963 and the new age started in 1965 so does that mean we are our own generation and that is why I feel so lost in this world as i'm sure all the rest born in 64 do

I know this is short but all should get the point

mods ...no idea where to put this, move if you need to

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by rtcctr

I thought the baby boomer generation ended in 1959? Who decides these things anyway?

Edit to add a research link.

Who is the true baby boomer generation?

The late mambers of the Baby Boomer Generation (also known as Shadow Baby Boomers), were born between 1956 and 1964, are those who did not experience the 1960s with its military draft and do not share the same social and cultural circumstances as did the others.

In this case, my brothers, sister and I are all Shadow Baby Boomers!

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Hazelnut]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Consider this.
Some of us were never part of any generation. We never went with the flow. We always thought outside the box. We always questioned not just what our parents, priest, and teachers told us, but also the pressure from our peers.

Talking generalizations about generations is just mind play and fodder for the guys trying to plug in to your mind in order to sell you something.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by rtcctr

Don't worry about the generation peg hole. I was born in 1965. Basically if your parents were 'boomers' then you are an 'x-er'. If you want a label that badly.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
1964. Year of the Dragon.

And being born in '64 saw us at the perfect age when Star Wars came out in '77.

Things have gone downhill since then.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by univac500

Things have gone downhill since then.

That is pretty much what every gen has said about its following gen.

You have to be careful. Every generation, every time, every day has its merits. If you get stuck in some past era you will be missing out on the stuff today's generation will consider to be "the best".

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Technically we(i was born in 67) are all Generation x. I cite this reference from stinkapedia here en.wikipedia.org...

While it may seem that everything after is useless and sliding downhill, I personally think that the next generation(generation Y or the Millennials) have far outshone us as intelligent, often hyper critical, and unorthodox in their approach to government, society and the ability to grasp what technology is offering them.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I am very sorry but if you were born in between then you are not real.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I was born in 1992, what would that make me? I don't know, and to be honest I don't really care. The way I see it your generation is the '1964 Generation', and mine is the '1992 Generation'
It's not up to anyone to tell you what you belong to, so you might as well just go with it and not worry

Ramadwarf on numero-Gens

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramadwarf Philes

You are considered the millennials or Generation Y.. im not sure how far it goes back in years but i think it started in 85 or so.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by scghst1

Generation Y? Oh, well, er, oh ok. Thankyou, I did not know that. I hope that, despite me being categorised now, rtcctr has found some sort of comfort in what I said before. But yeah that shut me up. Thankyou though!

Ramadwarf on, uh, what is he on?

top topics

join