It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US selling solar tech abroad, but not using it on US soil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I found this NYT article quite fascinating.

In short, the US does possess the technological potential and capacity to manufacture some of the most advanced solar energy solutions in the world. What's even better, we are apparently selling this with huge success to foreign countries. At the same time, we are not utilizing this technology at home. Something wrong with this picture, methinks...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
our lack of leadership in washington, coupled with the stranglehold of big oil in america, is leading us into being a third world country.

we are following the historical course of the roman empire. the plunder of american wealth from its broad-based middle class, is nearly complete with the devastation of the last 2 recessions in 10 years ( 1.technology and 2. housing). the wealthy and corporate will simply move away and leave us with the scraps.

i have been encouraging my son, that once he leaves college, to be flexable enough to live & function in other countries.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Aye, it is depressing. Nanosolar is another example (didn't read the entire article, and they might have been mentioned, so apologies if they are). They *just* opened their Germany plant, but before that they were printing miles of solar film here in the states and shipping it to Europe for assembly and installation.

Its not that there isn't demand. Nanosolar is backordered for over a year, last I checked. That was partly why they built the new plant. They are growing as fast as time and money will allow, it seems. But the demand is not from the US. It's from Europe.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Main message of the articles seems to be that government initiative and regulation is needed to seed this technology in the US. However, in the current political climate there'll be screams about big govt, govt invading our lives and all that crap, even in case like this, where the clean technology creates thousands of excellent jobs and benefits virtually anyone.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
And yet another injustice that is being done by the global elites...

What do you call 100 politicians chained up to the bottom of the ocean...

Answer: A good start!!!

join