It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pop Tax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Ok, I did a search here and didn't find anything, so here goes.

I just saw on CTV Am (Canadian news) now, that they are going to impose a Pop Tax!

Here is the link:

www.ctv.ca...

What amazed me in the interview on TV is that they are ONLY going to tax Pop drinks that have sugar. The "diet" drinks will be exempt....

So, my question: "Is this a way to 'encourage' people to start drinking beverages that have aspartame?"

Mmmm, I smell a conspiracy here....Please chip in and give me your thoughts.

Edited to add: I've also read articles that say / prove that aspartame actually leads to eating more - i.e. instead of you losing weight, you gain it. And this tax is to help curb obesity?

[edit on 17-9-2009 by TortoiseKweek]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
It's so great when the government thinks for you! Why not tax sugar in general? Why not tax anything that, in excess, could be bad for you? I can't wait for the day where I have no personal responsibility and some beurocrat lives my life for me.

As for aspertame, I have read similar articles, and quite frankly I am much more scared of that compared to sugar.

-E-

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Touche' MysterE!

When I was living in South Africa I read an article that claimed the average person pays between 71-75% of their pay cheque to taxes.

I couldn't believe it, but the article pointed out:

- You pay tax on your pay cheque
- You pay for Unemployment on your pay cheque
- You pay tax on gas / petrol
- You pay tax (VAT / GST) on anything you purchase as an individual

etc etc

and the article went on to prove that you actually only get 25% of what you 'earn'.

How much greedier can the damn governments get!

Basically what it said, is that you work for the government - period

They will tax any damn thing they can, and bleed us to death. Oh, and let's not forget, it's all for our benefit!

"We're taxing You on this because it's bad for You - read this research paper" ....Bull # - Your taxing us to get money. Period. Makes me mad!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Yup it has been discussed here from 9/9/09

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Oops, didn't find when I searched! Maybe need more coffee - before they tax me on that as well. Thanks for pointing me to the thread.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
It's a sad day when canada is trying to catch up with America
for stupidity. It sounds like a very sick piece of legislation and
should be trounced by the public - don't put up with this crap!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek

Oops, didn't find when I searched! Maybe need more coffee - before they tax me on that as well. Thanks for pointing me to the thread.

You're welcome...Heck I know I need at least 2 cups of coffee before I post
Shhhh dont give them any ideas on taxing coffee! There would be an uprising for sure! lol

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Don't worry mblahnikluver, I won't give them any ideas on taxing coffee!
(Hell, the Canadians will freak if Tim Horton's prices go up)

I scanned through the other thread, but don't seem to find any mention on the aspartame factor. My thinking is this: In these economic times, most people are watching what they spend, and what they spend it on.

If they could buy a 2L Coke for CAD$1.99, or a 2L Diet Coke for CAD$1.59, which one will they buy? To the average Joe it would obviously be cheaper, BUT, he / she might also think it's healthier! ....eeehhh...Wrong!

As I said in my initial post, aspartame has the opposite effect of helping one lose weight. In my gym days, when I was dieting to cut down, I used to take these sweetener tablets and diet drinks, and it felt like I was dying from starvation - had serious munchy cravings! (headaches as well - and not from lack of food)

Once I read about the effects, I switched back to natural sugar (Carbohydrates that is) sources. Guess what? I managed to lower my daily caloric intake, felt much better, and attained my goals.

My post is simple - Are 'they' encouraging people (financially) to switch to these aspartame and other artificial sweeteners in order to make people sick? Lower the population, etc etc? Don Rumsfeld I believe was behind this aspartame crap.

It just makes one think about the whole situation - Truly bazaar - or should I say - freaking crazy.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Yup it has been discussed here from 9/9/09

www.abovetopsecret.com...

9/9/09 - Interesting! Don't they love using numerology these idiots. Maybe another clue. Why announce it on this date?

new topics

top topics

join