It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Life ITS AMAZING!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Ive come to express my feelings about the vastness of space!

Just think, billions of planets, there HAS to be millions of species.

Just think, strange animals with 8 legs, giant mushrooms, fungi people, its endless to whats out there.

There has probaly been ancient galactic wars, entire planets destroyed by ships, civilisation millions of years old.
Species which have been extinct, with ancient ruins still on there planets.

As i type this right now there could be a intergalactic war happeneing out there in the vastenss on space.

AMAZING!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
Ive come to express my feelings about the vastness of space!

Just think, billions of planets, there HAS to be millions of species.

Just think, strange animals with 8 legs, giant mushrooms, fungi people, its endless to whats out there.

There has probaly been ancient galactic wars, entire planets destroyed by ships, civilisation millions of years old.

As i type this right now there could be a intergalactic war happeneing out there in the vastenss on space.

AMAZING!

It's beyond endless, it's impossible to understand. All we know, is of our planet. Giant Mushrooms, fungi people, etc, is what WE KNOW of OUR planet.

True aliens, would be just that, alien to our eyes. Even looking at one could destroy our mind totally.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The only imposssible events are those that we think are impossdible. Life beyond our imagination? Of course. Worlds with out end, yes. Life that moves beyond what we think is life? I sure hope so, I mean if we are all there is, what a bitch...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It is amazing when you think about it. I mean the universe is so large and has been around for such a long time, yet people still think we are the only and most advanced thing anywhere.

S&F for a brak from the norm and saying this in a way that is not insane.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

I'm with you here...the concept that it never ends and just keeps going on, even though it may change in nature and character, is mind boggling and fascinating, to say the least. When you think about eternity, you have to conclude that there are infinite numbers, types/species etc of alien life.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

It really is difficult to imagine how many stars actually occupy our know universe. However, a few Australian astronomers believe they have come up with the answer. They estimated a total of 70 sextillion or 70,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars exist in our universe. Apparently that is 10 times as many stars as grains of sand on all of Earth's beaches and deserts. Now keep in mind this is without considering the multiple universe theory that theoretical physicist like Michio Kaku have suggested may be possible. Yes, not one or two but many universes Parallel to each other like pages in a book. A book the size of the universe that is filled with infinite pages or infinite universes.

Seriously, to think that our entire universe is nothing but a wasteland other than the tiny speck of space that our planet takes up is just ridiculous. It amazes me that people think we have gained all of the knowledge that the universe has to offer. It reminds me of how we ponder the stupidity of our ancestors that believed the world was flat yet most of us hypocritically continue to not accept new possibilities.

Anyway, as you stated I also believe that the possibility of lifeforms in the universe is endless. I'm not sure our primitive minds can actually comprehend the many different ways life can evolve given the infinite conditions and paths that it may take.

It's always nice to hear from open minded people like yourself that I'm not alone in thinking that we have only scratched the surface of what is happening in our universe. If you haven't seen it already here is a vid the discovery channel made about possible intelligent alien life.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
There has probably been ancient galactic wars, entire planets destroyed by ships, civilisation millions of years old.

As i type this right now there could be a intergalactic war happening out there in the vastness on space.

AMAZING!

I sincerely hope you are wrong about that. Grimly, I would rather be stuck with the ruins, wars and mass extinctions here on earth than have my mind shredded by the concept of a vast universe of such hate, destruction and intolerance among races of people I would have imagined to have moved on from such a filthy insanity.

I prefer to imagine a universe of enlightened beings, capable of seeing beyond the short sighted and short term goals of conquest based on hate and resources.

Better I think to imagine a universe of botanists, scientists, anthropologists and others of that ilk who have a deep passion for seeing the beauty and wonder of a new alien species or biosphere. Now that hope gets my heart racing.

To think an interstellar community might be similar to humans and thus just as likely as a human to "glass" a world because they don't like what they encounter leaves a bitter taste in my mouth and my blood running cold.

A predatory universe is not one I wish to know and certainly not one I would wish to be a part of. Such a reality would be enough to make me want to give up

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
i had this thought last year and it blew my mind...

Out of all of the life supporting planets out there in our universe alone, how many resemble earth? Maybe a few thousand?

Out of those we would have to assume that the life there would evolve in abundance, but the sequence of life exterminating events would differ. So instead of primates evolving into humans, maybe spiders or dolphins evolved into the dominant/intelligent species? This blows my mind when i think about it

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
As if all of this weren't enough to keep our human minds occupied for a while, think of this: if this universe goes on for eternity and infinity, never stopping, what if there are an infinite number of such infinite universes? Or, suppose our universe "stops" at some point, where there are no more stars. There is still "something" beyond that, so in fact the universe can never really reach an end. Why does it and any other universes, ourselves or anything else even exist?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Hmm, I'm agreeing with Foul-Liver here. But what annoys me is the way Scientists go on about how 'It would be impossible for life to develop in the atmosphere of so and so because of whatever blah blahblah'. I mean, they're talking about life from our point of view, they're not thinking outside of the box; by which I mean realising that, as far as we know, anything is possible out there. I'm right, right?

Anyway as to this thread: yes you are right, anything could be going on out there!

Ramadwarf on the confinement of ones knowledge

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramadwarf Philes

What scientists?
Can you provide a source?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Yes it is amazing to think about.

I've always tried imagining what aliens in their own world are doing right now this moment.

Also if alternate realities exist, it really does become endless what could be out there....

[edit on 18-9-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I have a hard time wrapping my head around the beginning of the universe. So much matter in such a small small space is just mind blowing. It's like that little red ball of light in Close Encounters of The Third Kind. Big things can come in little packages.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Aliens have bound to have wars, entire galaxies fighting each other, galactic goverments, imagine how incredible there planets are, language, culture.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if our galaxy had some sort of unified government (for the advanced races at least). Perhaps that's why we haven't been introduced into such a thing-being so primitive by galactic standards.

in reality im almost certain we are just some random backwater planet that is in the "develop or die" stage.

but what the hell do I know

[edit on 18-9-2009 by zetamafia911]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Not really, but I remember watching a newsbroadcast on, ahh, flip, I think it was, err, CHRIST!!!, may have been Neptune, wouldn't have been Mars (I don't think), but they were sending a probe somewhere I think, and it had been said that wherever the Probe's destination was it wouldn't have been able to support life because its atmosphere is too harsh or something. I dunno, it would have either been last year or a good few months ago. I'm going to vanish for a little while combing the net for the info that I am cursing over at the moment!

Ramadwarf on unknown knowledge

new topics

top topics

join