It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wear A Black Armband in Protest

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Not wanting to tread or unintentionally disrespect the victims of the holocaust I would not feel comfortable wearing a star, but I agree that a yellow arm band would send a very clear message to the government.

Look how many people attended the DC protest, with these kinds of numbers wearing yellow arm bands, if could be very powerful.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by rtcctr

If it comes to that, do you really thing NOT wearing one would make a difference?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by A Fortiori
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Well, Johnny we can just disagree on this.
There is value in making a strong, non-violent statement about where such measures can lead.

We can certainly disagree...but I'll tell you they weren't wearing the solidarity arm bands in Germany, and if you investigate the voyage of the SS St. Louis, you'll see that Jewish refugees were turned away from North America as early as 1939.

Because people didn't get it.

Two comments in closeing...
First, it would be interesting for any Jewish ATS members to chime in here,
and secondly, if it's all about solidarity, why not Pink Triangles?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I think the yellow idea works well. It's known to be a color of hope and unity. Yellow ribbons were worn during times of warfare as a sign of hope as women waited for their men to return.

Pink is great as well but would make me think of breast cancer, which is a noble cause, but off target.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by rtcctr
sounds more like painting a bulleye on your forehead

general saying to troops "if you see a yellow armband shoot them"

If that's what it comes to then... alea iact est. If someone is willing to shoot someone for protesting that just means they are willing to shoot someone, and then no one is safe anyway.

My hope is that it does not come to any of this. I hope they are just stupid instead of evil. I hope that by extreme, thoughtful, un-prejudiced explanation for why we would wear an armband, and not direct our vitriol at any one person, Obama for example, then we will start to make people pay attention and cause positive change much like the Mothers of the Plaza de Mayo did with their marches.

Mandatory vaccines or home quarantine is one thing, and understandable. Removal to a facility as Oklahoma dictates is starting to become scary. A push for RFID and the realization that they've had these government contracts longer than was revealed is even more nerve rattling. I simply do not like the secrecy in regards to their preparedness planning until the ink is already dry, and as a citizen of what is supposed to be a democratic republic I choose to speak up.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by A Fortiori

Well, Johnny we can just disagree on this.
There is value in making a strong, non-violent statement about where such measures can lead.

We can certainly disagree...but I'll tell you they weren't wearing the solidarity arm bands in Germany,

No, in Sweden.

and if you investigate the voyage of the SS St. Louis, you'll see that Jewish refugees were turned away from North America as early as 1939.

Exactly, my point. See what can happen when we trivialize these fascist maneuverings? The Americans did not believe the Jews when they said what was happening anymore than you believe us right now.

Because people didn't get it.

Two comments in closeing...
First, it would be interesting for any Jewish ATS members to chime in here,
and secondly, if it's all about solidarity, why not Pink Triangles?

And how do you know for certain that they have not?

My family is a mix of those of the Jewish faith and Catholic faith. Interesting at weddings, but closer in relation than you might think.

Why not pink triangles? I'd wear both. In fact, that is a good idea. We can wear multiple badges.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by A Fortiori]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I dont think they(government) really cares but if your going to
Wear an american flag upside down on the armband as this country is in distress

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by rtcctr

Good idea.

You know, relative to what Johnny and others are saying...I have always been a very politically correct person. I try to ensure that others are not offended by my actions, and I would never seek to hurt an individual's feelings. That said, I am not sure that it is altogether wise to treat the Holocaust like an isolated event and make it so sacrosanct a subject matter as not to be used as a tool for learning. Why is it that armbands would trivialize rather than highlight what Jews went through? Were they the last group of people to face genocide this century? Certainly not! Perhaps, if we talked about it more, used these techniques and tactics to address where the slippery slope begins we wouldn't have Timor's, Rwandas, and Darfurs?

Where was the outrage and sanctity towards the refugees of the Darfur conflict? We have museums that memorialize what happened in the 1930s and 1940s, but where is the outrage and immediate, unanimous global assistance for what is going on now in Africa? Where is the coalition of the willing to put an end to barbarity in that region?

We need to focus more on the present and allow the past to guide us.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by A Fortiori

I don't think this bracelet idea is going to go over very well. People aren't going to go for it.

I'm just not seeing this gaining any traction and moving forward. The whole idea is LAME.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by son of total newbie

The Department of Homeland Security already contacted the makers of EMD bracelets for the purpose of airline security

www.washingtontimes.com...

But, you are right...the bracelets will be too cumbersome and people won't go for it so the next generation will be...

The VeriChip Personal Identification System is a small radio frequency identification device (RFID) that is implanted into the human body. VeriChip raises the same privacy issues as RFID tags.

* VeriChip FAQ, VeriChip Corporation.
* EPIC RFID Page.

VeriChip is marketed as a universal means of identification, intended for use in a variety of settings, including financial and transportation security, residential and commercial building access, and military and government security. For an initial "chipping" fee, as well as a monthly $9.95 subscription fee, customers' arms are implanted with a glass chip about the size of a grain of rice, containing a unique verification number. When activated by a VeriChip scanner, that number is emitted by a small radio frequency, providing instant access to information logged in the Global VeriChip Subscriber (GVS) Registry.

On October 12, 2004, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved VeriChip for medical applications in the United States. The approval will allow VeriChip to be used to confirm identity, and check the blood type, potential allergies and medical history of unconscious patients. The device is subject to Class II special controls to mitigate potential risks identified by the FDA, which include adverse tissue reaction, electromagnetic interference, and magnetic resonance imaging incompatibility.

* Process: How VeriChip Works, VeriChip Corporation.
* Letter from Donna Bea-Tillman, Phd., Director, Office of Device Evaluation, Center for Devices and Radiological Health, to James Santelli, Vice President, Finance and Chief Financial Office, Digital Angel Corporation 1 (October 12, 2004).

In March 2004, a nightclub in Barcelona began using VeriChip as a sort of embedded VIP card for its customers. Patrons of the Baja Beach Club can pay 125 Euros to have the chip implanted, then use it to bypass entry lines and keep track of bar tabs.

Planned future uses for VeriChip include a variety of financial, security, defense, homeland security and secure-access applications. ASDX sees its product as "tamper-proof personal identification" for use in credit card and ATM access, airport security, and port congestion management, as well as admission to military bases, government installations, and private-sector buildings. The system is marketed as a stand-alone product or for use in conjunction with biometric devices. ASDX has started a marketing campaign under the slogan "Get Chipped", that includes a traveling van called the "ChipMobile".

I would have to trust the government like I trust my mother to allow this, and I don't.

This is the same government that allowed the GRID crisis to turn into an epidemic because they cared less if homosexuals were killed off.

This is the same government the gave us Gulf of Tonkin.

This is the same government that brought us the Iraq war.

This is the same government that gave us election fraud.

No, no...I won't be chipped.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I like the concept, I really do. I just have a couple issues.

I'm not sure we can 'recruit' folks into action, social or otherwise given minutia that we must abide by here....and then there is the color and the 'band' thing....

Yellow is typically, in the US anyway, used as a color to show remembrance for missing, or absent loved ones. It has been used to honor troops fallen in combat before. It would be unfortunate to allow misperceptions to muddy your intent.

The armband thing is also just a little weird. Again, I like the concept of a visible indicator, but armbands make me think of Nazis.

One last note....the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I think it oft times more wise to be quiet in your disagreement than to advertise your affiliations openly for employers or anyone else who may discriminate against you, to observe, record and report.

Great concept though!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Not recruiting, debating.

Making you think of the Nazis is the point.

If they actually get a bracelet on me I will be so bitter that I don't care if my employer knows it.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by A Fortiori

I am good with this...I think it has big potential...

Yellow seems a good color as mentioned...

I am thinking somehow to tie in the Gasdsen Flag with a snake coiled
and the "Dont Tread On Me" ...just my 2 cents. For Now....

S&F!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I understand people may feel that others might not be down with this.

However, I am in customer service and interact with people all day, and speak about these type of things.

If I had 10-20 yellow armbands to give out if you are against vaccination, I could get rid of them all EVERY DAY..

This is a good Idea. I am going to see what develops here and out in Mass.

If so, I will go buy some cloth and make some videos about "Why" we are in protest against this.

Once again,
ATS is on the cutting edge of the social paradigm we face everyday.
Thank You!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Brave

My thought initially was that if they make me wear a wristband then I will choose to wear an armband or badge that will remind people of where it may lead.

I want to be clear that, at least to me, this is not about Obama. He hasn't even been president a year. These bracelets got their kick-off under the radar last fall, as did the US government interest in them for air travel several years back. This is a systemic problem, and not the domain of one president in particular.

Others may choose differently, but I am a civil libertarian and am in favor of more rights even at a cost to my personal safety.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I like the idea of the falg upside down, but yellow?

How about cammo, maby red spots on it, to let them know we mean business... track me, i dare you....

tons of ideas could be used, to seperate this to its own movement, although not sure in reality many would wear them. But a good idea.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
In NO Way is this about Obama.

This stems from his masters, and our world leaders.

There is a reason they chose the Swine flu threat. It's a chance for them to target everyone for a "good" reason.

To keep you safe and alive.

Here's the truth though.....

People would rather fend for themselves and be held responsible for their own success or demise.

Deep down, people just want to be left alone & the people in charge know that. They will never leave us alone to see if we can succeed in actually being in charge.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

I think I've changed my mind on the look of this armband...

A red, upside down triangle was the symbol of a political prisoner, a black upside down triangle was an "asocial", a bullseye below the symbol meant you were an escape risk.

en.wikipedia.org...

Perhaps a badge with a black triangle, a red triangle, and a bullseye on it? Or even a brown armband?

[edit on 17-9-2009 by A Fortiori]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Why not wear a bracelet almost identical to the one used to 'track the swine flu'. That would mess up the entire operation and would be a proper response in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I suggested if I am forced to be vaccinated and/or wear a government supplied wristband with RFID technology I will willingly wear a Star of David armband in protest. MikeRussellVS suggested that we post this thread and encourage others.

If you’re *forced* vaccinated and *braced* - you’ll wear whatever they tell you to and shut-up about the rest of it.

So, my suggestion is - Do NOT suggest anyone gives in - and then protests.

After the fact is nothing but idiocy.

SUGGEST people FIGHT to stay FREE!

NO FORCED VACCINATIONS!

NO *BRACES*...

peace

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join