It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wear A Black Armband in Protest

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Thanks to MikeRussellVS for suggesting the thread...

EDITED in response to the concerns of fellow posters.
EDITED in more or less consensus with fellow posters

On the thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

we were discussing Boston's use of "bracelets" on its citizens to track people during a public health crisis we were all trying to figure out how to protest this action should it come to our own communities. Some of us felt that Boston is a test run, as this is how all new government programs begin. The legislation is being put into motion in a methodical, state by state sweep, so if it is not your state yet...it will be.

I suggested if I am forced to be vaccinated and/or wear a government supplied wristband with RFID technology I will willingly wear a EDIT: possible black triangle badge in protest.

MikeRussellVS suggested that we post this thread and encourage others.

What do you think? Suggestions, please.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by A Fortiori]

EDITED again...There has been a great deal of misunderstanding as to the purpose of this post, so allow me to clarify how this post was started and the purpose. It originated on another thread about a test run of enforced RFID bracelets to track the flu and/or vaccinations.

IF the conditions worsen and the government does, in fact, force people to wear mandatory bracelets with RFID chips, and we are forced against our will to put these wristbands on the thought was to show in a very clear and chilling way how these actions appear to concerned citizens.

Governments should not identify and separate populations. In my opinion they should not track them, either. This, simply put, does not happen in a free society. I believe that if this should happen then we are in serious danger of creating another Nazi Germany.

It is my hope that it never happens. It is my hope that they rethink their strategy. It is my hope this is all a misunderstanding.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by A Fortiori

S&F
I also DIGG'd it. I recommend others do the same.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

On the slight chance that these people are not truly evil... perhaps the armbands would be a wake up call to let them know just how seriously wrong and anti-liberty their actions have become.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Why the star of david?
Why not a yellow band?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by A Fortiori
I suggested if I am forced to be vaccinated and/or wear a government supplied wristband with RFID technology I will willingly wear a Star of David armband in protest. MikeRussellVS suggested that we post this thread and encourage others. What do you think? Suggestions, please.

I think the idea trivialities the Jewish Holocaust experience and is in the poorest of taste and sensibility...since you ask.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I agree. I do not believe that they are truly evil. I just think that they really believe that they know what is best for everyone else. That they are divined to be leaders and thus are in the best position to come up with these tracking systems.

Then again, some of them are probably just outright evil and could give a damn about us peons. LOL

I will be willing to wear the star in protest because I feel that the RFID push is going to be a hard one over the next 5 years. Especially in the interest of protecting your 'kids' and so on by tracking them.

I'm just waiting for the first story of a kidnapped kid being found within an hour saving their life from a convicted murderer or something. All because they had their RFID chip installed.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by cropmuncher

The star of David isolated and identified a certain section of the population. Nazi Germany had the Jews. Today, we have the innoculated vs the un-innoculated.

Just search the past threads on this. You may not be allowed to shop Wal-Mart if you don't have your "papers" you may not be able to go to work, without your "papers".

It is a slow creeping insideous action.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Why would it trivualize the holocaust victims? It will not. It will send a message loud and clear as to what the government is trying to do by tracking us. Do you honestly think that once they get this tracking in place as a norm that your blood type, health, genetic makeup, credit history and on and on won't be attached to it for their review? So they can have a better idea of how to control and manipulate you?

It's just like forcing the Jews to wear a star. It's a way to show that we REMEMBER what they went through and that we will not stand idly by while a new government tries to do the same to its own.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Disagree. Unless you are one of those that agree with the government and want the vaccine. Then I would expect you to think this was in poor taste.

Remember history.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I would agree with you if I did not think that the same thing might happen here in the United States under the auspice of good intentions. The severity of what they are doing is where you and I disagree. My great grandfather was killed by the Germans, and I do not trivialise the experiences of people who suffered such cruelty at the hands of a corporatist government.

But a yellow armband would suffice.

EDIT: I edited the thread title so as to not allow this to disintegrate or injure anyone.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

Disagree. Unless you are one of those that agree with the government and want the vaccine. Then I would ewxpect you to think this was in poor taste.

In the words of the prophet..."You don't need a weather man. To know which way the wind blows."

I can certainly make that determination without my politics coming into play.

Swine flu vaccination is not about extermination of an identified societal group. Any moron should be able to figure that out. The only thing equivalent to the Holocaust is the Holocaust. To make comparisons like this is to sing out to the world that you simply just don't get it.

And in this day and age....such an admission is a very frightening thing.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

The yellow armband weren't about extermination. They were about identification.

The extermination came later.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

The yellow badge (or yellow patch), also referred to as a Jewish badge, was a cloth patch that Jews were ordered to sew on their outer garments in order to mark them as Jews in public. It is intended to be a badge of shame associated with antisemitism.[1] In both Christian and Islamic countries, persons not of the dominant religion were intermittently compelled by sumptuary laws to wear badges, hats, bells or other items of clothing that distinguished them from members of the dominant religious group.

The yellow badge that was compulsory in the Middle Ages was revived by the German Nazis.

From Wiki.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Disagree. Unless you are one of those that agree with the government and want the vaccine. Then I would ewxpect you to think this was in poor taste.

In the words of the prophet..."You don't need a weather man. To know which way the wind blows."

I can certainly make that determination without my politics coming into play.

Swine flu vaccination is not about extermination of an identified societal group. Any moron should be able to figure that out. The only thing equivalent to the Holocaust is the Holocaust. To make comparisons like this is to sing out to the world that you simply just don't get it.

And in this day and age....such an admission is a very frightening thing.

In the words of the prophet:

"Come ye Masters of War, you lie and deceive..."

The prophet was highly critical of the folks you are trying to defend. Want to change your quote?

Who said that this is equivalent to the Holocaust? The point we are trying to make is that Nazi Germany didn't start with posters that said: Please turn in all the homosexuals, Jews, union members, etc.

The Third Reich started with a fake terror plot, labeling intellectuals and people that spoke out as agitators, dividing and quarantining individuals, false threats, loss of civil liberties, control of the media, and corporatism. Once they established control then they began a systematic plan to completely remove entire groups from the population.

The United States has had a history in this century of false flags (Gulf of Tonkin), corporatism versus free market, and a removal of individual freedoms. You, not living here, would not have seen the slow decline of rights in the wake of 9-11, so your commenting on our concerns as though you are more "in the know" is slightly condescending to those of us who live here.

Furthermore, when you say that the only thing that is the Holocaust is the Holocaust you are neglecting the "killing fields" of Cambodia, the genocide in Rwanda, the genocide in Darfur, and the purges in Stalin's Russia. My family was hit on all sides during WWII and we lost family members to the German camps and Stalin's purges.

So please while you speak of trivializing this subject understand that when my parents brought us here to the US it was to flee the encroachment of personal freedoms and my experiences are not to be trivialized either.

In the history of the world nations have come and gone and they all progressed in this fashion. They started out with the best of intentions and slowly those intentions were lost in power grabs.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

The yellow badge (or yellow patch), also referred to as a Jewish badge, was a cloth patch that Jews were ordered to sew on their outer garments in order to mark them as Jews in public. It is intended to be a badge of shame associated with antisemitism.[1]

The yellow badge that was compulsory in the Middle Ages was revived by the German Nazis.

From Wiki.

And that shame was part of a dehumanising process that made it possible to round these folks up and kill them. It happened in those aforementioned Middle Ages of yours, too. If you don't know the difference, you'd better do a crash course on the mass extermination of a people.

From Johnny Canuck

Originally posted by A Fortiori

So please while you speak of trivializing this subject understand that when my parents brought us here to the US it was to flee the encroachment of personal freedoms and my experiences are not to be trivialized either.

If that is why y'all went to the US, good for you....and good for the US. I come from immigrant stock, too.

But if they came so that their yellow-badge wearing arses wouldn't get rounded up and exterminated...that's a whole 'nother thing.

And that is trivialised by the proposal.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

See the above post. AF said it best.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Kinda seems to me like you may as well just wear a t-shirt that says:

Please take me to the nearest camp.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg

Why would it trivualize the holocaust victims? It will not. It will send a message loud and clear as to what the government is trying to do by tracking us. Do you honestly think that once they get this tracking in place as a norm that your blood type, health, genetic makeup, credit history and on and on won't be attached to it for their review? So they can have a better idea of how to control and manipulate you?

It's just like forcing the Jews to wear a star. It's a way to show that we REMEMBER what they went through and that we will not stand idly by while a new government tries to do the same to its own.

Very well put. The trend I see in our nation with so many laws and acts put forth is moving us closer and closer to a fascist state. The people that are running this country (NOT the Congress or the POTUS) are experts at boiling the frog ever so slowly. There were those in Germany that saw it coming and got out. Had they stayed, would it have made a difference in the final outcome? I hope that in America, it will be different.

Yep, I'll wear an armband.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Well, Johnny we can just disagree on this.

There is value in making a strong, non-violent statement about where such measures can lead.

In my opinion it does not trivialize what my family went through during WWII, in fact, it is my way of trying to prevent it from happening to them again. During WWII non-Jews wore the armband in a sign of solidarity. By doing the same we may show, peacefully, that any encroachment on personal liberty is unacceptable and retain that same solidarity today. It is in their honor that we resist so that "Never Again" becomes a reality.

If we had learned from WWII and could not provide modern examples of where this had happened perhaps I would lean more softly in your direction.

Let us respectfully disagree, yes?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
sounds more like painting a bulleye on your forehead

general saying to troops "if you see a yellow armband shoot them"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join