It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glastonbury Festival 2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Just a little topic just in case people were thinking of checking out the 2010 glastonbury festival in the UK, this festival is renowned for its atmosphere and the culture it brings with it... I was interested in registering and so went to this address:

Glastonbury Link

Now I don't want to be a paranoid nut...but they require you to add a passport image of yourself...I am almost certain that they will be using this for facial recognition software during the festival next year...

How do people feel about this kind of software being used at such a festival, does it put anyone off going to such an infamous festival which has for years been renowned for its 'free love' 'hippy' culture... Hmmm....it saddens me personally, I get the feeling that there will be Fuji blimps floating all over the place!

Thanks for reading all and I look forward to your responses

TGG

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreensGoblin

Hi, they have required a passport photo for 2 or 3 yrs now & i have worked a few of them for friends of the earth.

I dont think they are using face recognition there.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreensGoblin

Oh my.

Glastonbury were the first festival to use photograph ID on their tickets to prevent touting. There is nothing untoward here unless you're planning to buy up tickets to sell at inflated prices.

Other festivals are looking at the same thing, because it is working.

Download Festival (Donington Rock festival run by LiveNation) were planning something similar, along with a token system on wristbands to remove the need for cash.

All festivals are moving with the times and are finding themselves having to answer to the fans. Therefore, they'll all be implementing methods to remove touts, increase security, prevent crime and so on.

This is nothing unusual, this is just festivals meeting public demands.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Good! I don't want to pay a fortune for a tout's ticket.

If you don't want to submit a photograph then the answer is quite simple: Don't go

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
ok, I'll buy a darn ticket and give them my photo, I guess I should vent my frustration at the ticket touts and the ebay ticket sellers, they are the real problem and I guess this is a simple way of getting around it, had no idea that Download were planning this too. Thanks alot all for your information.

Thanks again,

TGG

new topics

top topics

join