It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasons Facts or Fiction?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by tempest501
Like I say my heart wants to believe there is a god. I want to find the knowledge to , hopefully, marry my heart with my head if that makes sense.

Asides from that this whole topic completely fascinates me.

The heart and mind do constant battle and the best outcome that can be hoped for under the circumstances is one that is equally problematic to both heart and mind, each giving and getting in equal measure.

Such is true of real life relationships

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

Like I say my heart wants to believe there is a god. I want to find the knowledge to , hopefully, marry my heart with my head if that makes sense.

Asides from that this whole topic completely fascinates me.

The heart and mind do constant battle and the best outcome that can be hoped for under the circumstances is one that is equally problematic to both heart and mind, each giving and getting in equal measure.

Sounds like wise words but i hope there not true because i think thats the stage I am at now lol. Thanks for the input.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tempest501

from what I can see, you are definately on the right path. You are asking questions with an open mind. That after all, is the only way to learn anything. Everyone follows different roads along life, but most end up at the same location after time. And the coolest part of it all is the journey. That is where all the knowledge comes from. If you need help or have questions, just ask. If you really want to blow your mind, ask God a few questions. You may just get answers. I usually do.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

from what I can see, you are definately on the right path. You are asking questions with an open mind. That after all, is the only way to learn anything. Everyone follows different roads along life, but most end up at the same location after time. And the coolest part of it all is the journey. That is where all the knowledge comes from. If you need help or have questions, just ask. If you really want to blow your mind, ask God a few questions. You may just get answers. I usually do.

Thanks again for the encouragement.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question but how do you ask God a question when you dont know who god is. Plus how would he he even be able to answer. Do you mean in prayer? tried this before but never really felt any sort of response. How do you ask and receive answers? Sorry i am a pain its just im such a curious person by nature. Allways seeking the answer in everything, my new wife says it can get very irritating lol

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Sounds like wise words but i hope there not true because i think thats the stage I am at now lol. Thanks for the input.

Not at all. On this stage, their can be no absolute certainty on such a matter; hence faith. How absolutist do you want to be? For each individual, the question becomes at what point they can allow that they might see for themselves the unseen hand of a Supreme Being. Using the Judeo-Christian model, was the Universe and everything in it really created in six of the time cycles we call days? Or is "day" a metaphor for something more?

If you never reconcile that for yourself, you could do far worse than living by the maxim found in "Santa Claus is Coming to Town"

HTH
Fitz

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I might be driving down the road and thinking about all the things that are troubling me at the moment. Lately with the economy in the crapper and my business being a tremendous indicator of said economy, I have a few things on my plate. So I just talk to God in my head. I sometimes get ideas as answers, but some of the most profound ones will be a song that comes on the radio. Usually something I haven't ever heard, or something I haven't heard in years. Something in the song will be my answer. It doesn't happen all the time, but it has happened enough for me to believe that he listens to me. That is enough for me. It has gotten me through some tough times. I don't think you will see a burning bush, or a booming voice from a cloud, but when it happens, it will be hard to miss. My daughter is about where you are now. I am not forcing her to any belief, but instead answering her questions as best I can. The fact that she is asking questions is enough for me to be hopeful that she will find him as well. And finding him on your own is priceless compared to just following the pack. You don't have to join up with Billy Graham to be a child of God. You already are. And church is where you decide it is. A beach to see the sunrise, a quiet field to lay and watch the clouds, anywhere. Driving in traffic. Just don't be afraid to ask for help. And don't ask for a million dollars. I tried, and it never works.

Mike

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
One of my favourite quotes is by a famous Freemason, Sir Francis Bacon:

"Small amounts of philosophy lead to atheism, but larger amounts bring us back to God."

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Well I will most certainly give that a go and see what happens. So nice to talk to people that dont just say "Just have Faith or believe it because I say it is so"

This has been great to explore this subject and the freemason aspect.

I will def be doing more research on both these things. From what some of you have said it seem like freemasonry maybe something to explore at some point if only to find like minded and more importantly open minded people to talk things over with.

I will def try and have a conversation with God though and see where it leads. Sorry to hear the request for a millions dollars doesnt work.

What about winning the euro millions tomorrow night?

Thought not =C

Peace

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

What about winning the euro millions tomorrow night?

Thought not =C

Peace

Might happen. Mind you, that answer may not be from the Supreme Being. Might be from his former assistant.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
Just don't be afraid to ask for help. And don't ask for a million dollars. I tried, and it never works.
*shrug* Call it what you will... "The Secret", "Law of Attraction", "Positive Thinking", "Reality Hacking", "Chaos Magick"... the results are the same. (Skyfloating's even written a few books on the subject, IIRC...) When my wife and I moved some years ago before having our first child, we had no house, no job prospects, and obviously a fairly great need since we had a kid on the way. In very short order (within 2 or 3 months) we had the house (fixed rate, not variable APR, and still without any income to show them...), I was able to return to school, my wife gave birth to a healthy baby (we were paying insurance out of pocket since we were both essentially "self employed"), and we both found jobs to supplement our artistic, bohemian outlets. Each came when it needed to come. We could have panicked or worried about our situation, but I knew things were going to be fine, and they were.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus
One of my favourite quotes is by a famous Freemason, Sir Francis Bacon:

"Small amounts of philosophy lead to atheism, but larger amounts bring us back to God."

wow, i never heard that one before

will have to remember that

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Well I was only kidding on the lottery front. Your story is very encouraging though. In fact what yourself (Congrats on your baby btw) and Netwrok Dude have said over this thread has really struck home with me. I recently got married in August and were looking at the House and family stuff once our situation becomes more stable.

It really is a shame that you dont really come across people that can discuss and share like this in my neck of the woods.

P.S On a slightly weird note I was out walking last night and contemplating stuff and realised literally round the corner from where I live is a Lodge.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It's hard to talk about Masonry and it's followers because the majority of it's defenders are Masons themselves and we all know they can't be trusted...

I think it's safe to assume that on the surface at least they do good. Give to many charities create positive organizations and the like, but no matter what they do if an organization is in power there will always be people claiming some evil behind their secrecy-especially from religious types. Which confuses me because I've always heard that to become a Mason you need to fully believe in a higher power. The facts about masons are everywhere and can be found openly, anything else is just opinions from "credible sources".

I don't know if the Masons are good or evil, I am not a mason. But there are many other organisations that require you to be a certain degree of mason to join, these are the ones that people should be more focused on, but of course that requires a bit more research then just Google so it goes ignored. Anyways if you're curious, join. It's apparently fairly easy to become a member and just about anyone can join. Tell me what it's like, unless of course they get to you first.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Occy Anonymous]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Occy Anonymous

I think the only way someone would know for sure is to become one. After all, any mason would surely tell you an untruth!

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

The Devil-worshipping, baby-eating, goat-riding stories are just that; stories, products of a fevered imagination (typically with an agenda).

Freemasons are men of good character of various religious denominations who come together as a group to improve themselves and be of greater utility to themselves, their families and society in general.

HTH
Fitz

One of my best friends, who uncle was a very highly placed Mason admitted to him that the true nature of the Order was known to those at the lower degrees and that they were their as a front and carryout the charitable side of things. He instructed my friend to read up as much as he could on Egyptology, espcially the works of those like Graham Hancock so, when the time was right, he would be ready to join the order and be well versed in the knowledge needed to pass through the degrees as quick as possible.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Archangel

The Devil-worshipping, baby-eating, goat-riding stories are just that; stories, products of a fevered imagination (typically with an agenda).

Freemasons are men of good character of various religious denominations who come together as a group to improve themselves and be of greater utility to themselves, their families and society in general.

HTH
Fitz

One of my best friends, who uncle was a very highly placed Mason admitted to him that the true nature of the Order was known to those at the lower degrees and that they were their as a front and carryout the charitable side of things. He instructed my friend to read up as much as he could on Egyptology, espcially the works of those like Graham Hancock so, when the time was right, he would be ready to join the order and be well versed in the knowledge needed to pass through the degrees as quick as possible.

Lodge? Degree? These friend-of-a-friend type myths (and this one's a variation on [IIRC] a bastardisation of or outright fake of Pike) get tiresome. Perhaps you'd like to illuminate all and sundry as to what degree it would be before the "real" secrets of Masonry is disclosed.

Oh and please explain how it is that you came into these 'secrets' that are so expertly hidden from Masons themselves.

TIA
Fitz

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
By your tone, you are obviously un-illuminated and are proberly one of the foot soldiers thats rattling his charity tin for the good name of the his lodge. I do not know what the level is that you have to reach, because it makes no difference to me weather it the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 33rd. Maybe when you have earnt your spurs you can come back and let me know.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Archangel

How is it that you came upon all this knowledge but a "lower-level" Freemason doesn't? That some arrogance.

And please, no more, a friend of a friend told me this or that. By all those accounts. Just because enough people repeat a rumor doesn't make it true.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

How is it that you came upon all this knowledge but a "lower-level" Freemason doesn't? That some arrogance.

And please, no more, a friend of a friend told me this or that. By all those accounts. Just because enough people repeat a rumor doesn't make it true.

I suggest you take the time to read the post again. This time read, don't skim. The details are there in clear and concise way. What is so wrong with reccounting the details passed on from source. It is hardly Chinese Whispers. Is it because you can not argue the point? Do you fell impotent in your inability to respond?

The whole reason for passing through the degree is to gain knowledge till you reach the zenith, do you not understand that most basic on concepts? If not, I suggest you take the time to educate yourself as you are not contributing to this thread.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

but my best friends uncle is also a high up mason, and he said that wasn't true. In fact, he said he was a higher up mason than your best friends uncle.

See how silly it is to recount friends uncles stories. Perhaps a man who has spent years in masonry being friends with people like the former grand master of a state, and countless 33rd degree masons who have been so for more years than you have been alive, would know a bit more than you who gained your knowledge from hearsay.

Maybe you can't see how arrogant your statement seems, but it does show. When you have a written confession of a mason with lodge number and state, then we can start to look into your allegations. Until then, you just described an encounter with the reptilian overlord and your camera broke. You know what they say around here, pictures, or it didn't happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join