It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Derren Brown: Psychological Manipulation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Hello all,

I'm pretty sure nearly everyone on here has seen or heard about Derren Brown's latest trick; predicting the lottery numbers, although he "explained" how he achieved this incredible feat I for one do not believe a word.

I know at the end of the day that what he did was a trick and that there is no possible way to correctly predict the lottery numbers without using some form of trickery.

It was interesting however to learn about The Wisdom of Crowds Theory, I for one hadn't heard of this before.

The purpose of this thread is to hear stories or opinions from anyone who is interested in what Derren does or to go one step better, to hear from any member who practise's psychological illusions.

I'm extremely interested in NLP, mind control and psychology and while I know that
at the end of the day these illusions are merely clever tricks I still find it amazing how easy it is to manipulate another persons psychology.

For anyone who is interested in this sort of thing I highly recommend buying Derren Brown's book Tricks of The Mind

The book doesn't describe exactly how to perform Derrens illusions but it does describe NLP, body language, Hypnotism, Memory systems and contains alot of other very interesting material.

So feel free to comment on any aspects of Psychological Illusion, Derren Brown, how you think he did the lottery trick etc

Lastly, in his trick this Friday Derren is apparently going to use subliminal TV to stick viewers to their couches! I can't wait to see how he thinks thats going to work!

Cheers,

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is a thread I made.

Thought you might enjoy it!

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is a thread I made.

Thought you might enjoy it!