It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Strange (pic)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

I tell you what... it looks bloody hideous! I really wouldn't like that thing jumping out at me in the night....... and if it's not a sloth then i don't know what...

I've just done a search and found these mammals of Argentina (searching for animals with a thick type neck and long legs):

www.fotosaves.com.ar...

www.fotosaves.com.ar...

www.fotosaves.com.ar...

www.fotosaves.com.ar...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

You show a unique compassion for creatures unlike yourself thats a great quality to possess keep it, friend.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
that picture is really sad

wish i could save that poor animal

Those kids need to be taught a lesson.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Cole DeSteele

Yes, we do agree on the mustation factor...
Go to the link posted above, the couple days after pic and follow the sloth skeleton link to the image. Do you notice the difference in the skulls? The eye sockets etc... Or am I going crazy?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
looks like a sea otter or a seal without its like outter skin ....?

i dont know

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I tell you what... it looks bloody hideous! I really wouldn't like that thing jumping out at me in the night....... and if it's not a sloth then i don't know what...

I've just done a search and found these mammals of Argentina (searching for animals with a thick type neck and long legs):

www.fotosaves.com.ar...

www.fotosaves.com.ar...

www.fotosaves.com.ar...

www.fotosaves.com.ar...

Yes, it looks creepy, but it has no teeth. Then again those claws look like they could do some damage.

Although, if it is the sloth you say it is. I don't think I'd be too worried about it 'jumping' out at me in the night!

But yes, I too would get a fright. I wouldn't dare kill it though.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
looks like a sea otter or a seal without its like outter skin ....?

i dont know

Have you even seen an otter or seal with legs?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Right on, I noticed the skull, too. Almost looks like the jaw/ mandible is missing or it has been stomped on. Dunno bout that, but...

the claws at end of feet/ arms scream sloth...plus mutation...plus deterioration and scavenger -ridden...hard to tell what else it could possibly have been.

So, no, youre not crazy!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
whoops, double post.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Cole DeSteele]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daisy-Lola
Photo after a few days

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/615f44b00e60.jpg[/atsimg]
Source - Metro Newspaper
Those claws do look like a sloths
Sloth skeleton
farm2.static.flickr.com...

Thanks for the pic/link. But might there be some fishy smell...? How about this cute little CT: Someone used an old (skull-less) sloth skeleton some cloth and stuffing to fabricate “evidence”. To convince the public it was “only a sloth":

- Have a closer look at the skull. Compare it to the sloth skeleton (farm2.static.flickr.com...). No way this is a sloth skull. Nor the skull of the being in the former pics.
- If it “has since been picked apart by buzzards” why is the “skin” so undamaged for the most part? And animals devour skin.
- Look at the big cloth-like “pieces” protruding from the right arm and the right armpit. Hmmmm....
- Why only one picture? Why no close ups?

Real or fabricated "evidence"...?

[edit on 17-9-2009 by DeepSea]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DeepSea

After seeing those pics it does look like a sloth...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos
Thanks for sharing: i'll post a rough translation of the article about it:

Strange creature found in Cerro Azul

The discovery of a strange creature in Cerro Azul has aroused controversy among the people, for while some say it may be a being from another planet, others simply believe that is an animal.

Four teenagers aged between 14 and 16 years, met him at the Jet Blue Hill, on Saturday, while having fun in the place.

According to one of them, they suddenly saw the creature emerging from a cave located behind the water jet. At her appearance and it began to climb over the rocks to one of them panicked and began to thrash him and throw sticks, getting killed, after which they threw into the water and ran.

telemetro.com...
www.xnewsnow.com...

The explanation in the links below would make sense to me

dailyhuff.com...
Forgetomori

[edit on 17/9/2009 by internos]

nice work man. This is an awesome read, regardless.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cole DeSteele
reply to post by DeepSea

I'm all ears, please state your case. Thanks

I already did in my first post on page 2.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by DeepSea]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I have found an interview by Nieves B. Pazos to Prof. Gastón Aseff , a researcher in cryptozoology: he stated to have just been at the phone with one of ther biologists who performed the autopsy to the creature:
according to him, it could be a mutation of a sloth: Perezoso, which translation returns "Sloth".

Source
www.almanaqueazul.org...

Also according to Jacobo Araúz, a zoologist who teaches at the Faculty of Natural Sciences at the University of Panama, it should be some breed of sloth, but he added that it could also be could be a mutation of a mammal born with some form of malformation.
He also stated that they should investigate the area in order to find out whether there are similar ones, and also if in the area is being used any pesticides that cause this type genetic malformations.
Another possible cause would be the so called "endogamia" (inbreeding):

This type of malformations are common in wildlife when populations are small and begin reproducing between themselves, a union that in biology is known as "endogamia".

www.critica.com.pa...

Inbreeding may result in a far higher phenotypic expression of deleterious recessive genes within a population than would normally be expected. As a result, first-generation inbred individuals are more likely to show physical and health defects, including:

• Reduced fertility both in litter size and sperm viability
  • Increased genetic disorders
  • Fluctuating facial asymmetry
  • Lower birth rate
  • Higher infant mortality
  • Slower growth rate
  • Smaller adult size
  • Loss of immune system function

• en.wikipedia.org...
    so the theories are basically two, each one of them not neccessarly excludes the other one: (it could be some malformed sloth as far as they know)

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:33 PM
    link   
    It looks like nothing more than a poor sloth that was brutilized. Many cultures hunt such creatures because they are easy targets and good protien. They don't skin it, but generally burn the hair off.

Example:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:55 PM
    link   
    I tend to agree with the genetic mutation theory. If you've ever seen a hairless cat, guinea pig or rat, you know that the skin on this creature looks exactly like those hairless animals.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:13 PM
    link   
    reply to post by internos

Originally posted by internos
    I have found an interview by Nieves B. Pazos to Prof. Gastón Aseff , a researcher in cryptozoology: he stated to have just been at the phone with one of ther biologists who performed the autopsy to the creature:
    according to him, it could be a mutation of a sloth: Perezoso, which translation returns "Sloth".

Source
    www.almanaqueazul.org...

What has this "Perezoso" sloth thing to do with the being found in Cerro Azul? As little as all other slothy boys. Nothing. But a first-glance similarity. Way to many differing details (my first post on page 2; or eg. this post of jinx880101: www.abovetopsecret.com...)

I have found an interview by Nieves B."

You found? Pretty peculiar interview. Are you sure the "interview" and "El Profesor Gastón Aseff" aren't a joke? "University of Panama"? Did you eg read this:

"... ¿Cuál es su teoría?
    Podría tratarse de un Anunaki" ...!?

Anunaki? Hmmmmm. - Researcher? Hmmmmmm. - Anunaki sloth? Rather.

"... but he added that it could also be could be a mutation of a mammal born with some form of malformation."

No it cannot. As I wrote in my first post on page 2 a mutation - like because of "pesticides" - NEVER yields so many "muted" changes at the same time.

Another possible cause would be the so called "endogamia" (inbreeding)
    This type of malformations are common in wildlife when populations are small and begin reproducing between themselves ..."

No. There isn't the slightest clue for an "inbreeding". Where is any "small and ... reproducing between themselves" population? And this is not a "... physical and health defect". And, like a mutation, inbreeding cannot cause dissimilarities in such an extent. This is not imbreeding, it's quite a different animal, or at the most a sloth/x crossbreed. And the "after a few days" pic probably a hoax, as explained in my post above.

5. Most plausible explanation: The peculiar blend of similarities and dissimilarities clearly alludes to a genetic experiment/crossbreed. The "it's only sloth" claim is the usual cover up attempt. Be it in English or in Spanish.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by DeepSea]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:29 PM
    link   
    okay case closed it is a dead sloth.
    With that said don't you think there should be some sort of legal repercussions for beating one of the earths most slowest and defesless animals in the world to death?
    Sloth

Dolphin

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:30 PM
    link   
    It's a sloth in decomposition 100%.

When an animal drowns, it loses all it's fur and begins to bloat up like a balloon. That is simply a drowned sloth.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:08 PM
    link   
    Saw this story on the Daily telegraph today,

Was only horrified at the fact the teenagers beat it to death,

first thing they would have done really is run a way if they thought it was some weird monster.

they beat a poor SLOW moving, defencless animal to death for a laugh, thats my bet.

clearly a sloth,

don't rly wanna read anymore on it.

night

[edit on 17-9-2009 by TrentReznor]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join