It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will it take an E.T intervention to solve the worlds problems

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
to say we need e.t.'s to come and save us is sad. we cant defend and make this world a better place ourselves? its typical of us humans to just want someone else to fix our problems. geez. we could change this world but everyone too scared to change their ways of fear that they cant control their destiny.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Ezappa

Thats a fair point but the point I was making wasnt about habitating other planets (and im sure your right and aliens have themselves spread out across the universe, in fact whose to say thats not how we got here) it was about ruining other planets with our human habitation in the way we pretty much have done to earth. I think if there are any aliens out there with the capabilities to help us are gonna to think it through pretty hard and ask the question 'are they worth saving'

I dont agree that the world would unite with the discovery of other life forms arriving from elsewhere, I think that sadly it would turn in to a competition of 'ownership' of the discovery rights etc

If there are any out there that want to help us and are willing to try then it will all depend on the approach as to whether 'we' (by this I mean those who make our decisions and rule our counties) will allow them to do that any way!

Originally posted by Myendica
to say we need e.t.'s to come and save us is sad. we cant defend and make this world a better place ourselves? its typical of us humans to just want someone else to fix our problems. geez. we could change this world but everyone too scared to change their ways of fear that they cant control their destiny.

yea as I said before its actually embarrassing, if I were an alien I would be saying to 'the earth inhabitants' that they need to at least try and sort some of this # out ourselves in order to earn the help

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Enril]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ezappa
reply to post by Enril

Other countries in this world are saved by outsiders. Why should it be any different?

Throughout human history it has been shown time and again that when a more advanced civilization comes into contact with a lesser one, the lesser one is overwhelmed and destroyed.

Uhhm.. We are the lesser one in this scenario.

Originally posted by radarloveguy
e.t 's are real. in all shapes and sizes.
good ones ,beautiful ones,not so good ones,
bad ones and downright scary ones.

Exactly...

There are literally billions upon billions of possible planets on which life could have taken hold. Getting there? Well time will tell. I see it as a race between destroying ourselves and developing the maturity and technology to get out into the vast universe. As far as we know we have at least one planet with life on it in this whole milky way galaxy. Who knows how many more there are out of the billions of billions yet to be explored.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3286d140ef7b.jpg[/atsimg]

IF we do make it past our own possible destruction and do get out there we could in theory not only explore our own galaxy but the others.

Andromeda

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cfb0bfce5d90.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 17-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Ezappa

this guys theory/info in his blogs says yes... www.myspace.com/abstractopinions

The Message for The Second Awakening
Current mood: awake
Category: Life
It will be hard for people here to accept what it is I am about to present to you. But before you read any further I would like you, after you read it. To go to a quiet place with no TV or music, preferably in Nature. And ask yourself using your gut and instincts**........... Does it make Sense???

** that thing in your head that told you go to the post office before the store, when later you find out that had you gone to the store you would've been there when it got held up at gunpoint and everyone was killed.

This society and the way its been poorly formed overtime has people thinking everything has to be proven.*

*biggest crock of sh*t i've ever heard

If "everything" had to be proven we wouldn't need our instincts

stop asking for it be proven and ask does it make sense???

I will be writing a guide for what most people would call the Second Coming which is in fact an Awakening.

This is gonna upset a lot of people but it has nothing to do with Jesus and everything to do with ET's.

This planet has been misled for a long time.

Im gonna list three points I would like you to consider. After that answer the question for yourself but wait to see what pops in your head just sit quietly dont force anything

1. There is a reason that more and more ET Craft sightings are being reported around the world. (not the MSM obivously)

2. There is a reason that the public image of beings from "outerspace" is that of a hostile Alien who wants to kill you! (how come its been 26 years since ET?? thank you spielberg)

3. There is a reason that despite hundreds of thousands of credible witnesses including a City(Phoenix), The Governments (mainly USA) of the world still continue to deny any existence of ET's.

Now for the Big Question!!!!

When in your lifetime has a Government ever truly had its own citizens best interest at heart???

Never.

(unless of course you watch CNN, eat at mcdonalds 3 times a day and cant wait to get home and watch "wifeswap" or "biggest Loser" on tonight)

The Next Big FINAL Question

Who will you trust??

A. the church lead by a group of baldheads suffering human characteristics of greed, anger, hatred, and power.

B. the government lead by another group of baldheads suffering human characteristics of greed, anger, hatred, and power.

C. Short lil gray dude who can fly a ship across the universe (there are documented cases of ill people being completely HEALED, after being taken--- sounds a little god like to me, but then again God is man made idea, i'll say it AGAIN, YOU HAVE BEEN MISLED)

I choose C

Anyone who chooses A or B have fun with whatever rights or freedoms you have left. Hell will be on earth, unless everyone wakes up and we all work together peacefully to attain our desired outcome.

Jah Live and Be Love

Justin

"Hate is your reward for our Love"-RM

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Totally agree we are majorly divided and wouldnt need alot of pushing to get us to wipe each other out let alone them doing any thing themselves. You really want to hope that if we're being watched/monitored that its by another race that isnt looking to dominate and conquer us!

To be honest glasgowstar76 - Id not trust any of those options!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 2Faced

Mankind has a lot of growing up to do, and perhaps, one day, that will happen. But for now, we are just too immature, illogical, irrational, and too selfish. Maybe that is why we never see more then vague UFO's. Perhaps the aliens's ancestors went thrue the same phases, in that case they will probably return and show themselves when we have reached a higher level of intelligence.

I agree with a lot of what you have to say.

I think the biggest problem is that we seem to take four steps forward and two steps back.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
What the hell is with all the people around here that think aliens are some kind of panacea for all the world's problems.

Turn off the TVs, Hollywood is poisoning your minds!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Ezappa

I don't hold out much faith. The thing is...people are stupid...the IQ of the world needs to double for there to be any change. I mean just look at what we believe in . Gods that have never shown themselves, Scientology,Colour and creed. As a species we are thick. We still can't treat women right, or treat someone the right way even if they are different colour. And when we can't solve our problems , created by our stupidity in the first place, we kill each other.

Maybe in another 100,000 years we might be a little more enlightened, but not now. So if there is to be a global shift then we need a catalyst. Some kind of external influence. So either UFO's come down and say "Hey people of earth...sort your # out" or a diety of some kind reveals themselves and says "Hi minions , sort your # out".

...or would life just be really boring without hatred and conflict? Maybe you need to learn of the dark to appreciate the light? If you don't know how bad things can get, you don't always appreciate what you have got. Its the whole Yin Yang principle, for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Love may not be able to exist without hate. Good may not exist without bad. Maybe , we need to just learn to put up with it all.

I hope that is not the case....but you never know.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Most of the problems in the world is down to a small minority of people. I honestly do think that we are better than that as a species but the media paints everything with a tar brush. Its only a small minority in the world that treats it woman like crap and a small minority that cant handle the fact there there is different coloured skins in the world. I think we are better than that and its just the small few that make everyone else on earth look bad.

[edit on 24/9/09 by Ezappa]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Ezappa

I wish I could share that sentiment. I could walk down the street here in the UK and speak to 100 men. At least 70 would say they think women should be subserviant. Again I could speak to 100 men and women in the working classes and they would have a thing or two to say about the colour of someones skin. In France and Italy its natural and socially acceptable for women to play a lower role than men.

Although I agree that extremes are the small minority, but unfortunatley those little disfunctions that all add up to something massive are the norm and are the mind set of the majority. Examples are endless. i.e. People who live on fast food and don't think its gonna kill them. In the UK, most 16 -30 year olds think that getting pissed from Thursday through to Saturday and fighting and shagging anything that moves is normal. Its those little things we tend to ignore.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
We would attack anything that came here to help in the first place. Every religion teaches peace and harmony. But kill them if they don't think like me. What alien race would want to help us, we can't even help ourselves.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join