It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for an Ancient Mayan Map

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Good day everyone,

I have come to you for help. About 2 years ago I found an Ancient Mayan map on the net. It was drawn in color on tree bark. So I am assuming that it could have been part of one of the Mayan codices. I am working on a project now and I have been looking for this one map for 2 days.

This map depicted the 10 Lands of Mu. There were 10 points on the map:
~~ 2 points were on the Western side of Mexico in the Pasific Ocean. If I were to try and guess, I think 1 of them was Easter Island and the other was much closer to the Mexican mainland.
~~ A bunch were in the Gulf Of Mexico and the Caribbean
~~ 2 or 3 were further out into the Atlantic Ocean
~~ And 1 was in the Mediterranian

Please, if any one knows of what I am talking about PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send me a link or some sort of information. I would like to impose this map over another map of the whole area during the ice age. I am thinking both 12,900 years ago and 18,000 years ago. Ultimately I would like to match up these Mayan map points and ice age land masses with temples, cities, and pyramids that have been found under water. Most pointedly I am targeting the Caribbean and the Gulf of Mexico, but the whole area would be much better.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I started looking for you because this too interests me...I dont know if any of these are what you are looking for but here ya go

strangemaps.wordpress.com...

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

this one seems to have locations like Easter Island on it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/68af9c1c1b2b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Worth also checking out a copy of the Piri Reis Map here: en.wikipedia.org...

Thanks

Bravo

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valkyr8
This map depicted the 10 Lands of Mu. There were 10 points on the map:

It is a modern fake, and a pretty bad one. The Mayan maps weren't very detailed... here's one: books.google.com... hl=en&ei=Ak6yStmdGofPlAeVlKD4Dg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5#v=onepage&q=maya%20cartography&f=false

They didn't show things out in the ocean (they weren't good sailors.)

I would like to impose this map over another map of the whole area during the ice age. I am thinking both 12,900 years ago and 18,000 years ago.

What was exposed was mostly the upper regions of the continental shelf. No continents in the middle of the oceans.

Ultimately I would like to match up these Mayan map points and ice age land masses with temples, cities, and pyramids that have been found under water. Most pointedly I am targeting the Caribbean and the Gulf of Mexico, but the whole area would be much better.

The Caribbean and Gulf of Mexico weren't much affected, as you can see on the Paleomaps site. www.scotese.com... (the yellow lines don't show lands, but rather where land is sinking.)

Paleomap project is a pretty neat site, but you won't be able to match up human maps with it: www.scotese.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Thank you guys for the maps but none of them are what I was looking for. But on the other hand I already have the paleocartography maps that Byrd gave me. It is those exact maps that I wanted to compare. I was never looking for continents and such. What I was targeting was the land masses exposed by the drop in ocean/sea levels during the ice ages and the coorilation to underwater temples that have been found in relatively recent history. I thought it would be interesting to see how this map that I can't find and the sites all match. I have studied more than sufficent amounts in paleontology, paleoclimatology, ancient human cultures/societies/civilizations, and stuff like that.

Oh! Thank you very much for that site paleomap Byrd. This will help me greatly with future studies. And thank you for the cartography book as well.

I do thank you all for your attempts but none of them was what I saw 2 years ago. I'm kinda wondering if it was real or if it was even Mayan. But what I do remember is the fact that it was drawn on tree bark and I knew that the Mayans did this with some of their writings and their codices.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Valkyr8

I didn't know there were verified sunken temples in the Caribbean.

Are you suggesting the Bimini road area and the area off western Cuba?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace
reply to post by Valkyr8

I didn't know there were verified sunken temples in the Caribbean.

There don't appear to be any in Mexico:
www.gomr.mms.gov...

(this is a very good site, by the way):
archnet.asu.edu...

There are wells and so forth where Aztecs, Incas, and Mayas all threw human sacrifices but there's no temples down there. There are some in India that I know about, but the temple building era tended to be after the rise of large cities long after the Ice Age ended.

The ones in India are only about 500 feet offshore the current shoreline.

new topics

top topics

join