It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Bang food for thought

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I don't know about you but I am hearing more about the big bang. I'm not meaning to look for it, it just appears usually when reading science magazines or web articles. That's got me to thinking about it some more, like how and why. Hey I'm not a physicist so I can merely make guesses and that exactly what this is.

One thing about our universe is, we don't seem to have any antimatter or not much of it. I suppose that's a good thing otherwise we could be in awful trouble. If the big bang was the moment of creation you would think there would have been some antimatter. You would imagine it was 50/50 and if there was 50% at that moment where did it go. Our universe might have been a constant string of matter antimatter explosions had it been here. As I say its a guess you may know better than I and if you do please tell.

Then the idea that we may be restricted to a Brane inside an even higher dimension (The Bulk) gave me an idea. I expect this has been discussed before on ATS. (if so spit it out) The idea has already been posed that our Brane collided with another Brane to cause the big bang. Could a solution be that if the other Brane is antimatter the antimatter never went anywhere it remained on the other Brane or universe. Perhaps if there are a few remnants of antimatter in our universe then there may be some matter in there universe. Think of “The Bulk” having positively and negatively charged Branes eventually shorting out between each other due to perhaps and imbalance of charges.

Lets hope there is no imbalance

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
There's an article in this month's Discover Magazine about a theory that universe's can collide with each other, and that the big bang may have been the result of a collision of universes. You might enjoy it.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Toromos

Thanks Toromos

I wasn't able to locate it found some old stuff - are you talking about the electronic version or is there a paper version in your neck of the woods. None the less some interesting stuff there - Thanks

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by majestictwo

It's in the most recent paper version. You might need to wait a month for it to land on their website. Maybe your local library or bookstore would have it for you to browse. It also talks about the brane idea you had.

top topics

join