It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ's Secret Handsign Never Exposed Before

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Look up "hand mudra's" then you will know.

Different mudra's result in different outcomes

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by silver tongue devil
reply to post by jd140

While I agreed with most of what you said, I think you are oversimplifying the halo part. That wasn't a meaningless artistic whim; the halo represents Christs' connection to divinity e.g a holy light.

Of course I know the reason behind the halos, I just felt that the OP could have done a simple google search for his answer and just gave him a simple answer that would satisfy him.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Two in the pink
One in the stink

Sorry I had to.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by thirdeyeflight]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
It looks like an "okay," hand sign. So that is how Jesus gave a blessing, it is his "okay." I am not sure what to add to all of this, other than I wonder why no one else commented on it.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by thirdeyeflight

That is both completely hilarious and completely inappropriate.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritQuest
reply to post by infobrazil

I have often wondered about the two finger gesture too.

the two fingers indicate TWO PEOPLE in matrimony.

sexual alchemy being the route to spiritual liberation and transmigration of the soul.. physical metamorphosis from man to divine-man.

the character jesus practiced this with mary magdelene.

this is the true gnosis.

using the creative waters internally through coitus and resisting the kundalini serpent's temptation to escape in the animal spasm resisting eating of the fruit of the orgasm the fruit of the nervous system 'tree' of knowledge of good and evil.... by re-routing it by resisting the orgasm.. and breathe it back inwards and up the spine where eventually it activates all chakras through the spinal column (the brazen serpent being raised on the staff) and it reaches the place of the skull where it crucifies the initiate at the center of all axis of the cross of the skull .. center being the pineal gland represented as the pine cone on the pope's croxier and the largest pine cone sculpture in the world.. in the center of vatican city.
(as well as being the omphalus at the oracle at delphi..navel of the world...)

the TWO FINGERS represent the occluded knowledge that through pure chaste matrimony.. white tantra.. resisting the animalistic urge and harnessing the kundalini wisely..

that it leads to this process christ went through.. christ being representative as a composite image of any one of us.. of humanity and our future form that we can literally phisiologically metamorphose into.. if we so choose it...

oooorrr.. it's a "blessing" . .yeh.. a magical hocus pocus superstitious magic spell he casts on people.

...ahem.

sexual alchemy is real.
2 fingers = 2 people in communion with one another and God. (god can be a thumb if you want it to be)... but the focus is on the 2 fingers in most depictions.

-

[edit on 19-9-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I also suspect that when Jesus points two thingers upwards and two fingers downwards, It means the occult adagio "As above, so below".

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by infobrazil

What does that handsign mean?

Why only the apostles have a halo?

And why only Jesus have a halo plus a cross?

If you are *seriously* interested, the best source to find out would be any of the works on Christian iconography available in your nearest library.

Or just google for "Christian iconography" and add the terms you are specifically interested in. But the internet is still has a long way to go before it can even begin to replace books in terms of reliability...

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The finger gestures are an artists interpretation of what he or she thinks Jesus 1) did and 2) looked like.

Why do so many people want to "see" something in a picture, whether it be of Jesus or any other iconic figure from that past and then attribute that to them?

When it comes to religious figures, such as Jesus or Mary, the artists usually depict them with a resemblance to that artists own ethnic background and paint them with a slant to their own world view.

Many black artists paint Jesus black with an afro, in Brazil or Spain Mary takes on that look, in Germany Jesus has light skin and blue eyes.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Wow never thought id see paintings of jesus throwing out "the shocker". Didnt jesus himself say that he shares "special" revelations with mary. Oh no i think i see another movie with tom hacks coming lol.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Jesus is simply throwing up the roc. Just kidding, but I don't believe that Jesus had or used a secret hand gesture.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by infobrazil

That "hand sign" is on a catholic picture of jesus that my wife has hanging on the wall. It isn't anything that hasn't been exposed before.

He is doing a blessing.

The apostles have halos because they are saints and Jesus has both because he is Jesus.

But isn't the blessing performed with the hand motioning the image of the sign of the cross? ("I bless you in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit"...up, down left, right). That seems kind of odd that he's pictured this way so often. Did he bless people this way when alive?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
No it isn't. I don't believe Jesus is doing this.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
We have the photographic evidence.
Here you go:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Abbby

No, Jesus being "the Son" would not bless "in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Ghost". That is a much later addition.

Anyway I googled for "blessing gesture" and according to Google it took me "0.20 seconds" to come up with 730 000 results, referring to very good sources...
One of these sources is the "Encyclopedia of Christianity" which you can even browse online.

/lxbn8x

Go to page 278 and look for "Signs".

And a search for "Christian iconography" + "blessing gesture" that took me "0.26 seconds" turned up 4660 results. They are very good. People who are *really* interested in them should enjoy this...

/lmo94f

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
This is great I was just going to post this animated gif I came across thought the researchers and theorists on this site would enjoy it.

piousfacial.ytmnd.com...

haha It is the same hand gesture right?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Catchy title, I know.

bayimg.com...

img3.imageshack.us...

img4.imageshack.us...

What does that handsign mean?

Hi/
Your original post heading reads '' Jesus Christ's Secret Handsign Never Exposed Before'' This is not true!

The 'sign' that Christ does with His hand is 'ICXC' and this means Jesus Christ.
It's not that is was 'hidden' and never exposed, but many people choose not to know what it means because they never saught to find out what it means.

The sacred art of Iconography is also known as "visual Theology" because it can be read and understood by all believers, including the illiterate. It is both narrative and instructive and addresses not only our vision, but also our emotions and experiences.
Byzantyne Art Icons

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Catchy title, I know.

bayimg.com...

The angel at the top shows an anagram for I Love yoU, in common signlanguage. The same anagram is the origin of the "rock'n'roll" sign and the Masons' Goat of Mendes. It is a combination of I, L and U.

The picture of Jesju below, sitting on his throne, holding his index and second finger up and to his heart, is a sign of power. And it is related to the V sign as used by Churchil during the war for instance and common punks today. It's origin, however, is much older, and has to do with archery. When the Britons fought against the Franks, their main strategy was to use large battalions of archers with long bows who turned the sky over the Franks black with arrows. If an English archer was captured by the enemy, the first the Franks did was to cut off these two fingers, and therefore showing this sign towards your enemy in the meaning &%¤# or Victory, was and is a way of showing that you still have your shooting fingers, and "you haven't got me yet", or "I am victorious" or simply "Come get some" or how you would phrase it. In the hippie æra it came to mean "peace".

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
They are ancient gang signs... Jesus was a G. I think he was a blood... This explains his "bloody" crucifixion, and his resurrection was symbolic of his defeat of the Crypts... Hey, it sounded good to me at the moment.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

If you have a RATS subscription, check out this thread. In a word, the halos are used by artists to represent an enlightened state.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join