It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ's Secret Handsign Never Exposed Before

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Catchy title, I know.

bayimg.com...

img3.imageshack.us...

img4.imageshack.us...

What does that handsign mean?

Why only the apostles have a halo?

And why only Jesus have a halo plus a cross?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by infobrazil

That "hand sign" is on a catholic picture of jesus that my wife has hanging on the wall. It isn't anything that hasn't been exposed before.

He is doing a blessing.

The apostles have halos because they are saints and Jesus has both because he is Jesus.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
And the guy before him has the long horn sign. Must be prophetic.

YAY. Second line.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The pics you chose are a little hard to see...

These are more clear to illustrate your point......

godzdogz.op.org...

www.fatheralexander.org...

radiofreecruze.com...

Edit: Just noticed a poster above me explained the Catholic angle.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Flighty]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Why is Jesus missing half a finger ?

Is that the secret hand sign ?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
When the thumb is down, it's an ancient gesture to give a blessing to someone. When the thumb is raised, it denotes the trinity.

I could only make out the first image you used but know what you're referring to. It's frequently depicted in the images of 'The Sacred Heart' among others.

Edit to add: Count me as being the second one too late to the thread.
I was trying to find a decent image of the sacred heart to use as an example and was apparently too slow. lol

[edit on 9/17/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

That "hand sign" is on a catholic picture of jesus that my wife has hanging on the wall. It isn't anything that hasn't been exposed before.

He is doing a blessing.

The apostles have halos because they are saints and Jesus has both because he is Jesus.

Why make the blessing that way? Why not just lay the hands?

Why a halo in the back of the head? Why this particular location and why the color of the halo is normaly gold/yellow? Why he has a cross in his halo, when he was not crucified yet?

[edit on 17-9-2009 by infobrazil]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Edit: Forgot yellow isn't Indigo.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Flighty]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
When the thumb is down, it's an ancient gesture to give a blessing to someone. When the thumb is raised, it denotes the trinity.

I could only make out the first image you used but know what you're referring to. It's frequently depicted in the images of 'The Sacred Heart' among others.

Edit to add: Count me as being the second one too late to the thread.
I was trying to find a decent image of the sacred heart to use as an example and was apparently too slow. lol

[edit on 9/17/2009 by AshleyD]

Thanks, good reply.

m238.photobucket.com...

Why the heart on the center, when It's located on the left? Heart Chakra?

Why the fire? Why the hand of Jesus seems to make an " M " with his fingers? Notice that his middle and ring fingers are close to each other.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I have often wondered about the two finger gesture too. I also noticed in the first link, the angel at the top of the picture has his hand in a mudra gesture, which is typically associated with Buddhism.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Why the heart on the center, when It's located on the left? Heart Chakra?

I'm not Catholic and honestly don't know much about the Sacred Heart. There was a thread about it when I first joined ATS but can't remember the explanation. I think the heart is supposed to represent Jesus' love, his wounds represent his sacrifice at the cross, and the hand gesture represents a blessing.

Why the fire? Why the hand of Jesus seems to make an " M " with his fingers? Notice that his middle and ring fingers are close to each other.

In ancient Christian art, fire with holy figures generally represents the Holy Spirit which is often depicted by using fire. But that looks more like a radiant glow than it does fire. Which image are you looking at so I can see what you're specifically referring to? And it appears He is making an 'M' because that is what the hand looks like when you give the blessing. His thumb is raised to denote the trinity. Let me know what image you're looking at though and I'll examine it closely.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

You do realize that if there is any conspiracy to be found here it belongs to the art world of a time much later then the time of Christ.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Jesus probably has a cross in his halo because of the crucifixion, I'm fairly confident these pictures were made after he was crucified.

Interestingly in the first picture of the OP I see a phallic object in Jesus' hand.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

Oh, I see it now. Thank you, I was going to say I couldn't see it. Yeah, I have seen that before. Ron Artest does that after he hits a shot and runs back down the floor.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Interesting to say the least.

As one who believes in who Christ said he is, my opinion is undoubtedly weighted here.

It's important to realize that these are renderings of Him from what looks like the Catholic Church. Looking through literature, and rendering of Christ, the Catholic church always presents Him with weird hand symbols (possibly Hebraic in origin). They also consistently portray Him as a weak/frail man, when He was actually a carpenter. (Probably quite ripped, although not 'easy on the eyes'). Do you know any skinny-boy carpenters? [References to back up can be provided upon request.]

It's funny you bring this up, because I've recently been doing research on the origins of translations, and reading about how horrible the Kings/Queens of England were and their motives behind the translations of the Bible are sickening to me.

In summary, I do not entirely trust the Catholic church. Many things about them as a whole are shady, and their history becomes even more questionable when you really delve into it. I would really like to know more about these symbols, and their origins and means. Could be sinister, could be tradition, or could just be nothing. Either way, I'd like to know.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by infobrazil

Originally posted by jd140

He is doing a blessing.

Why make the blessing that way? Why not just lay the hands?

Why a halo in the back of the head? Why this particular location and why the color of the halo is normaly gold/yellow? Why he has a cross in his halo, when he was not crucified yet?

[edit on 17-9-2009 by infobrazil]

Because he isn't just sticking his hand out and saying bless you. He is using his hand to make a cross.

That question is like why does d o g spell dog? Its just the way things are.

The halo in the back of the head is because thats the way the artist drew it.

Halos are shiny, any shiny color will do.

The painting was made after he was crucified.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

While I agreed with most of what you said, I think you are oversimplifying the halo part. That wasn't a meaningless artistic whim; the halo represents Christs' connection to divinity e.g a holy light.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Folks, these 'finger' things are known as Mudras and you can find much info on them in a number of books.
These are basically energy channeling techinques.
Read about them. Use them.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mysteralex

As most Christians avoid voicing any kind of connection to the East (aka Mudras), then why is it you think these Christian artists are drawing that connection?

[edit on 18-9-2009 by silver tongue devil]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

"You know you're different your my scholar and that is good I'll find you a bride and it won't be mine!" mentioned at a holiness church on this persons right hand a special symbol that looks like a spinning top a star and a tornadoe it is the reflection of this persons participation in a black project experiment for a terrestrial officer. sorrow paid for valor is too much to recall of his countless corpses piled up along the whaling wall. Bride or wife means that he will be married to his(Terrestrial Officer Denver) job just like in the marine corp if they want you to get married they will issue you a wife!

<<   2  3 >>

join