It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of the double standard!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I would say the following:
Say nothing. If she is an employee there, and keeps stating such, document and then bring it up to your manager/superior with the documentation, stating that you feel that she is being non compliant of the diversity in the work place, and present copies of said documentation. If she is a customer, well then it happens as you will find that there all sorts from different walks of life that comes in. I feel sorry for her and her husband, cause a simple act of giving flowers, roses, should never be just for one group or another. Is it like stating that a diamond is just for the rich?
If she is a customer, and comes in again and states such, pull her aside in private and politely ask her not to state such terms that some are finding it offensive. If she puts up a fit or chooses not to, then as a business you can ask her not to come in again and refuse to service her.
But remember to document, that way if asked you have evidence on what she stated and what your actions were.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
It's funny that so many people buy the racial stereotypes that have come up over the years.

On second thought it's not very funny, it's kind of pathetic and sad.
Think about this statement for a second....
Anybody of any color is capable of anything.

We can all dance great, sing, smoke crack, grow roses, beat up old people, become a doctor, live on welfare, bake a killer casserole, etc etc.
It's all about reaching your human potential, and skin color plays a very minor and inessential part in all of that.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Why should I try and have a civil debate with you when you can't even enter a debate without swearing...twice? Tell me why you aren't just going to end up being the first on my ignore list (an ATS feature I never thought I would use)?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join