It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK, now that I have your attention, what kind of world do you want to leave for your posterity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
This is the second of a three part series. The first thread, Americans are Ignorant, Lazy, Gutless Cowards who live in Fear was designed to wake you up and get you to start thinking about what is really going on.

This thread is designed to make you think about what kind of future you want for your decendants two or three hundred years into the future. We know where we've been, we are starting to see where we are now, but what do we want to build for the future.... I will use Science Fiction to illustrate these possibilities.

Your first choice is the Earth Alliance of Babylon 5. It is a world where the MegaCorporations pull the strings of the 'democratically elected' government. A 'Puppet' press. The rich get richer, and the poor get poorer. This is the world the Republicans are trying to achieve. Notice I did not say Conservatives, but rather Repulicans. They are not the same thing. One is an Ideology, the other is just another Special Interest Group serving their Corporate Masters.

The second choice is that of Logan's Run. It is a world where the Government and the Corporations have grown into one controlling everything, including reproduction and when you'll die. Everything is socialized, and rationed to the 'citizenry'. The government is the Press. Niether wealth nor poverty exist, but niether does choice or liberty. This is the world the Democrats are trying to achieve. Notice once again I did not say Liberals, but rather Democrats for the same reasons. They are also serving their Corporate Masters.

The third choice is that of United Earth of the Star Trek universe. It is a world where the Government provides for all of the basic needs of society. Food, shelter, clothing, healthcare, education. Every citizen has a vote, and every vote counts. The Government serves the People. Information flows freely. Every citizen is well informed on all issues. Every citizen is free to follow whichever path interests them. A Paradise... Utopia. This possibility lies only if the center of the road is used, not just the Left shoulder or the Right shoulder.

This is the true root of the problem we face today. Only the choice of the extremes, who both serve the same Master. We drive down the road to the Future either on the Right shoulder or the Left shoulder. Those who would choose to drive down the center of the road have no Driver available, just Drivers who can only drive on the Right shoulder and Drivers who can only drive on the Left Shoulder. When we put one extreme in the Whitehouse and the other extreme in the Congress, we just force ourselves to stop and fix a flat tire until we decide which shoulder to pick again.

While I know that the future possibilities are endless, I picked these three just to inspire thought. So, now ask yourself, which future do you want for your decendants? One built by those on the extremes who serve the same Master? Or one built by the people? To continue to vote for anyone with a (R) or a (D) following their name on the ballot is choosing the former...

What to do about it? That will be the topic of the final thread of this three part series.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Star Trek circa James T Kirk, or Star Trek circa Jean Luc Picard?

Is there another choice? How about the end of Battlestar Galactica where they chose to start over without technology?

Oh, alright, since that's no longer possible...Give me Star Trek for 500, Alex.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Star Trek of course.

Unless of course its a dictatorship, and I get to be dictator.
Whatever you say about GW, he did have a good sick sense of humor.

We need to go back to be able to go forward.

We need to have a constitutional congress. The main thing would be to eliminate the lawyer legalease of the government bureaucracy. We need to eliminate the unlawful legislation of the last 200 years and update it with the items of today.

Just a couple items
Term limits for all set to 1 term of six years
Balanced budget-if not balanced the government officials do not get paid.
No pre-emptive wars
Fourth component to government-watch dog component with teeth treason
get death
No usury type fiat system-needs work, calling RON PAUL
Tough Corporation Reform
Eliminate the corporate and maritime/admiralty courts
Get back to Constitutional Courts
No lawyer is allowed to hold office

Numerous other things to take into account needs to be decided at a constitutional congress.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Sorry about getting into your third thread.

My bad.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Thinking ahead is never a bad thing! Keep those thoughts in mind for thread three, they'll come in handy!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Dalimamma say, ego rule all human thought, human consciousness always make deep do do.

One must be able to expand ones consciousness beyond concept of selfish wishes of our images of posterity,
More raiter.

[edit on 033030p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by endisnighe

Thinking ahead is never a bad thing! Keep those thoughts in mind for thread three, they'll come in handy!

Tinking ahead makes more nebermind all tinking ahead wast of tinking all gland plans end up on dung heap of plast gland plans.

better glo flishing

Dali go make meatwoaf,

Edut to say, BTW dali meatwoalf, make good , so hard can bild house wit it.

raugh out roud

[edit on 033030p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

new topics

top topics

join