It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. says seeking 60-day delay in Guantanamo trials

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Heres a post I found over at Reuters, HERES the link.

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Obama administration said on Wednesday it would seek a two-month delay for all military trials for terrorism suspects held at Guantanamo Bay while Congress weighs new rules for the proceedings and the White House considers trying them in U.S. courts.

President Barack Obama is trying to close the prison, with plans to try some of the foreign terrorism suspects in military commissions and others in federal courts in the United States. The prison at a U.S. naval base in Cuba currently holds 226 detainees.

The military trials have been on hold since Obama announced soon after taking office in January that he planned to close the prison by January 2010. About 10 cases are pending before military judges. The administration had faced a deadline of Thursday to decide whether to seek another delay.

One detainee, accused September 11 plotter Ramzi Binalshibh, asked a U.S. appeals court in Washington to halt his military trial on the grounds that it was unconstitutional. Justice Department attorneys opposed it, but at the same time told the court about the planned delay.

They said they were seeking a 60-day delay in the case because the rules for the military trials may be substantially changed by legislation that Congress is considering.

Congress is weighing overhauling the procedure for military commissions established under former President George W. Bush, including Obama's request to bar statements made under harsh interrogation and make it more difficult to use hearsay evidence.

Department attorneys said a decision also might be made within 60 days on whether to prosecute Binalshibh in a U.S. federal court, instead of in the military tribunal.

They cited the upcoming decisions by Attorney General Eric Holder, in consultation with Secretary of Defence Robert Gates, on where the Guantanamo detainee cases will be prosecuted."

OK THATS NOT THE WHOLE POST, ON THE LINK THERES A CONTINUE BUTTON.

But anyway, the reason I bring this up, is because lately there has been alot of talk about a possible false flag event in the works. This is backed by another post at Reuters which is HERE

to sum that article up, it says "DUBAI (Reuters) - A website often used by al Qaeda supporters said on Thursday it would soon carry a "present" to Muslims from Osama bin Laden on the occasion of the holy month of Ramadan."

"In his latest message in June, bin Laden said U.S. President Barack Obama had planted the seeds of "revenge and hatred" towards the United States in the Muslim world."

So could we possibly say that these events are linked? What really would this delay do to help them in the situation at all? Perhaps, if there was another "terrorist attack" the people of the illeged 9/11 "attacks" would be frowned upon more.

They really want us to believe that it WAS a terrorist attack. They really want THESE people to be convicted. They REALLY DO NOT want us to know the TRUTH.

The closer we get, the harder they try to separate us, and they do so with FEAR.

You want to FEAR something? Fear God, and im not talking religion, that is a load of crap. No one with half of a brain cares about some pre-fabricated construction of what "God" is. All religions are man made, bow to NONE but the ONE (who IS) God.

Im really just trying to spread peace and LOVE into the hearts and minds of men and women. I want to save the world one smile at a time if I have to, because I KNOW what time really is (and ISNT) and I know the secrets of "death" which does NOT exist. Funny because, it really isnt a secret at all, just another PRE-FABRICATED THOUGHT for the masses to BUY into. haha

Anyway, Life will be beautiful, you have to reach a point in your life where worry leaves you entirely. This false life will never bring this.

Ill continue my journey, prayers

join