It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Important Psychology Experiment That’s Never Been Done

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Performing an MRI on someone who is receiving a lethal injection would be interesting. Perhaps it would end the argument on whether lethal injection is painless or cruel and inhuman.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

Ya that would be interesting! At least then the person deserving of lethal injection wouldn't be as worthless!

-E-

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus

Although I may have no fear of death, I now have an autonomic biological response any time I am near the trigger that caused my accidental death. Considering it's a common object, it's not really a lot of fun hyperventilating and having severe anxiety attacks you can't consciously control just about every day. I've even tried to systematically overcome it, but after 30 years of trying, I'm resigned to acquiesce that it's just how we are hardwired and it is something that Logic, Reason, and Will cannot override.

That which kills us our body will hardwire itself to avoid to prevent a repeat occurrence. It's a defense/survival mechanism of our Reptilian brain/R-Complex.

But the brain fails to realize that it is causing a negative impact on your life (a very negative impact by the sound of it) and that you would be much happier if you didn't have to experience it.

Believe it or not it actually isn't hardwired at all, but you are correct that logic, reason, and will cannot override it because it is an emotional experience and the energies of emotion and logic are opposites of each other. The anxiety you experience is the equivalent of your emotional energy experiencing a kind of surge that drastically throws it out of balance.

Now, all one has to do is to correct that imbalance when it is experienced, it can't correct itself because as far as it is concerned this anxiety is benefiting you, it thinks it is correct in causing you discomfort (so the same thing doesn't happen again), it is literally a subconscious agreement you have made with yourself. But YOU override that, you have the ability to know that you would be better off without the imbalance (but that alone doesn't restore the balance).

So how do you do that you ask? You use a very simple (and I really do mean SIMPLE) energy therapy called EFT (Emotional Freedom Therapy) on yourself.

The official site is www.emofree.com and there are many videos on youtube that show you how to do it, but I recommend you download the DVD course from a torrent site (or buy it like I did, but you are allowed to make and give away freely up to one hundred copies, so it wont be illegal for you to download it, lets just consider it a copy of my dvds).

Now some people dismiss it as pseudo-science because they can't be bothered to try it, please believe me when I say that I am confident it can completely cure you.

Over and out
Twisted-Inside-Out

new topics

<< 1   >>

join