It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cant delete Corrputed files

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Some how my mp4 player has some corrupted files, and i cant delete them. Any suggestions? It is pretty anoying, i have to use my mini SD card, which is only 1g for all my music.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLife

Most mp players have a way to totally reset and delete them by pushing the buttons in a certain combination.

Contact the manufacturer and find out what it is.

I had to do that once and it worked like a charm.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Out of curiosity, I've noticed some music players come up as removable drives, and if you have a defragement on your computer it seems you can defrag them as you would a normal drive.
Dunno if that would help, but it's something that I've done with one of my music players.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
If you can hook it up to your computer and if the computer sees it as a hard drive, removable storage or whatever, you may be able to delete the files as you would the files in any hard drive.

In aid of this, if you are still having trouble, there is a small freeware app called File Assassin that is brutally uncompromising about getting rid of files you don't want.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
i tried file assasin and it didnt work. It is seen as a removable hard drive. I tried deleting the file my self, and it goes away, but when i refresh, it comes back. I guess i am just stuck with the files.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLife

I don't know how much research you have done to try to solve this problem. I was surprised to find that other people have it too. One guy was able to delete some files by navigating to them through the "Browse" process and then delete them within the browse dialogue menus, if you get my drift.

www.computerhope.com...

I tried deleting the files in Safemode, but the same error message popped up. All files on the computer, at least the ones that I have tried, will not delete. Pictures, Videos, Word Documents, Programs and Files, etc. Only one program deleted. The others will not. I need this problem resolved because my hard drive is almost full. The only way I can delete files is if I go to youtube, click upload video, click browse, go to my videos, and right click and delete. It's very strange. But doing it on youtube is tedious, and I can only delete each individual file on at a time.

You may be able to drag and select more than one file, or maybe not. You'll have to try. It's an interesting problem.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by ipsedixit]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
If it shows as a removeable drive, try formatting it.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
And if you've got a hard drive near capacity, you may not have the swap space to perform basic functions......plug in a large capacity USB drive, move your swap drive to that partition and see what happens.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

Don't do that.... USB 2.0 is too slow for a page file.
RAM is cheap and so is a 80-160gig drive. Add a second internal hard drive and move the swap to it. Then use the remaining for backups and storage.

USB 3.0 would work. ESATA would work.

With an external drive he can move the "my documents" to it and gain enough space for a swap.

As to the OP problem... Look up www.ubcd4win.com... and make you a boot disk. plug in your player ( i assume it is seen as a removable drive...) boot off of the CD and then delete the files off of the player. If you still cannot then I guess it is a internal issue with the memory circuitry.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
There is a tool I use called "unlocker" It should be able to delete the files. If they come back you need to pinpoint whats reinstating the files.

Edit:
What is the file extension?

[edit on 11-10-2009 by XeoniX]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I Finally fixed the problem. Thnaks to all of u. I just decided to copy every file except the music folder. And then formated it. No more corrupted files. 3.8 more gigs of memory.

new topics

top topics

join