It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey all I am the new kid on the block

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Hi ATS

I am a long term lurker of this forum and have finally decided to join

I figure I should make a quick introduction.

I have for quite a while enjoyed the alternative topics and discussions on this forum, hence why I decided to join. I would describe myself as an optimist and quite a inquisitive individual. I would also say that whilst I like alternative theories, I only believe the ones that are backed up with believable evidence.

My interest in the alternative theories didn't happen because of an conscience awakening or being visited by aliens whilst asleep at night.

No it all happened when I was at school and I chanced upon a discovery that would forever influence my perspective on what goes on around me.

My brother came home from school, and with him he had a memory stick that he had found lying around unattended in the school IT labs. Now being the considerate older brother I am, I borrowed his memory stick. Now before I formatted the stick of all its contents and truly made the stick mine, I decided to have a quick peek on what the original contents were. At first glance there was nothing of major importance, the files were obviously someone's homework (this someone was coincidentally a boy in my year).
However, on closer inspection there was this out of place folder titled "masons". Now to me a mason was someone like a stone mason, someone who made buildings with a chisel, and I could not figure out why there we would have masons in this day and age. Now when I viewed the folder's contents I found some downright weird stuff.

Being the inquisitive kid I was I googled the term masons, and then I went on a roller coaster ride of discovery. It dawned on me there and then that the boy in my year, a good pal of mine, must have a father that was a mason; and that he found his dad's memory stick lying around and decided to use it for himself. Realizing how secretive the masons were I decided to make a copy of all the contents of the stick, I remember thinking at the time that the information would be valuable at some later stage.
You may be happy to know that I gave the memory stick back, saying how I found it in a puddle and thats why all the files were deleted (he wasn't aware enough to ask how I knew the stick was his, given that there were no identifiable files on the stick
).

Since then I have come across all sorts of theories, some of them I believe in and some of them I think are just plain wacky. I then stumbled across ATS and have looked upon the conspirators banter since.

Thanks a lot

Shado

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Welcome.

This is kind of like an amusement park online. Something for everyone.

I'm sure you'll have a great time.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

1992: Allegations of lip syncing and waning popularity

Welcome.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Thanks for the welcome guys.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
You sound like one if the team. Curious, but ready to find the facts to get the real story.... Here's to denying ignorance. Perhaps you will be one of the greatest on ATS. Good luck, and welcome! I look forward to reading your threads and replies.

new topics

top topics

join