It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.A could take over the world if they wanted to. Could they???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Their enemies are showing how they can be beaten already,,they will be beaten at home by public opinion by(God forbid) 50,000 coffins draped in the American flag(made in china) they will no doubt shoot their own foot off and make a mess of it,, the USA public would demand peace etc unjust war what the hell we doing etc....

I would love to know what would happen if a natural event like a solar flare or the like took out all their electronic tech and they had to fight the old fashion way, would the USA be up for it ,,,,,oooorhhaa i here you say,,,lol

If they tried that in my country i would fight them,,,The American industrial millitary complex IS the enemy,, imo

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Do you honestly think that people would allow the US to carry on like that without attacking it? I mean, ye were almost about to completely lose your EU allies before Obama came into power because of the illegal wars ye have going on.

Try invading the EU and see how far you get. A combined military spending of half that of the US and without the global bases to drain expenditure. You would have to deal with the combined force of EUFOR, the UK, France, Germany, Poland, Italy and to a lesser extent Spain, Czech rep, Finland and Sweden.. also, did I mention that almost every male in Germany and Poland have military training so thats the possibility of 60 million defense troops. Throw in the army's of another dozen smaller states. Also the fact that they are western, hi tech armies, trained in a similar style to your own. Also the fact that the EU has the largest share of the Global economy, total sanctions would be pretty hurtful to the US and world.

How about trying Russia or China first.. you wouldn't stand a chance at a ground invasion either.

The only way the US could take over the world is by Nuking the crap out of it and within 5 minutes of launching, you would be ducking hundreds of nukes launched in your direction.

I suppose, you can dream if you want but the Days as the US as supreme top dog are over.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
The only way the US could win a World war.

1) Get rid of every globalist and ship them to europe, both parties, nobody exempt.
2) Close all borders.
3) Abandon every treaty.
4) Declare Capitalism and liberalist ideology dead. Shut down all universities.
5) Start a party based Nationalism with quasi religious roots.
6) Burn all sources of information except that which support the "nationalist" party.
7) The "nationalist" party shall inherit, "ie take over" all means of education, technology, farming and mass production. Stop all contraception, pay amercians to have "babies". Indoctrinate children into "Nationalist" ideology. Any parent that opposes the Nationalist party is to be executed, no exceptions.
8)Once the populace is enslaved, throw all the money into renewable energy like fusion cars, plasma weapons, and "power suits".
9) Invade and take over all means of none renewable energy like "oil".
10) Let China invade Alaska, get them bogged down, eradicate them, and then invade china.

Then a nuclear was starts, the world ends. The US "super roach" inherits the Earth. The end.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by msnevil

You forgot rockets....

Lot's of rockets for the red glare and bombs, Lot's bombs bursting in midair.
You can prove through the night that our flag was still there.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Oh say to our star spangled banner yet waving,
to the land of the dead (humans),
and the home of the super mutants.

The whole who could rule the world is pointless, when many different countries could simply end it. By atomic, biological or chemical weapons.

And the whole Russian\US plan for hiding in a mountain to win. Is simply stupid when either side has the power to cause massive earth quakes via Nuclear armaments aimed at various critical fault lines, or simply spread a biological\chemical weapons that goes through the air purifier vents. Either way, stupid humans buried under a glorified coffin. (ie mountain)

If humans can't even stop HIV by isolation and eradication of infected hosts. Then how are we going to stop a "true" biological weapon that has a success rate of 100%?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

As long as the US didn't care about collateral damage and civilians they could.

Whoever controls that air controls the war. The satellite network, missile defense system, Aegis, Stealth, F-22, F-35, B-2 there are NO comparisons to these weapons in any other country ( don't forget the US military is supposedly 20-30 years ahead of what we are aware of) .

If you have to invade it may be a different story but who knows what would really happen in a total war situation like WWII.

The problem is any country forced into a corner will just launch nukes. Hence no total war. Its just proxy wars now and probably always will be.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
You think rest of the world just invented flight? You wouldn't get far in the air or the ground for that matter

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
the thought of america ruling the world sends shivers up my spine please may this never ever happen.I dont think the rest of the world would let this happen anyway americas powerful but quite dis-liked by the rest of the world.if there had to be people ruling the world it should be one representative from each country.and they can make decisions as a group and if one countries not happy dont settle an argument through violence-but converse and compromise. Monkeys and animals use violence to get what they want. we are evolved enough to use the power of our minds and to be able to think.Words are more powerful than violence.We are humans who can make right decisions through talking.Violence is stupid and war is a waste.The sooner the men of this world realise this the better and then humanity can finally move on from this ape-like attitude to one another over our problems and evolve in to a higher being.sorry went off topic a tad

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I love the examples of Iraq, Afghanistan and Vietnam...what no Korea?

Those are examples of limited combat, not total war. If the military, and I am not talking the kids in there now that are there for college tuition under the GI Bill, but fully trained and brainwashed by propaganda military like the WWII vets were, then you have a different story about fighting forces.

Could we do it then, absolutely---so long as the nation invaded did not resist, and other countries did not come to their aid. Think of the early days of WWII and the German blitz. It slowed in France (somewhat) and completely stalled when heading for England. Why? Resistance.

England held while appealing for support from the US. Japan's action against US Pacific policies provided the means for US involvement. Let us not forget that there were WWI protesters here in the US for our involvement in WWI.

I have read that those protesters made the hippies of Vietnam Era look like complete clowns. History has a way of sweeping things under the rug, and fooling the supposedly educated. Just keep in mind the source of your education and things tend to look differently.

So US world takeover? Yes, on the condition that the world wanted to be taken over. The reality is no way in hell.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Could the US do this present day? No way. 64 years ago we could have done it easily. We had the manufacturing capacity that was comparable to the rest of the world combined, We still had a reasonably fresh army in comparison to the other major countries, and we had nukes...no one else did. Guess what, we could have held it back then too. A country wants to revolt? Nuke their biggest city and let that be a lesson to the rest...It is really hard to fight nukes with firearms and IEDs. Nowadays no, but 64 years ago it easily could have been done.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I also wanted to add that the world takeover should have been done then...imagine it. No Soviet Union, no Korean war, no Vietnam war, no cold war, no red scare, no Joe McCarthy, no Jihadists, no global financial meltdown, and best of all no illegal aliens. Peace through war ya know.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by peacepeople

Ahh, one world government. I wonder why no one has thought of this before. How refreshing.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
No nation that has enough nukes : USA, Russia, China, France, can be invaded.

Let's say you invade them as the Germans invaded in WW2. But if things get serious, they will launch the nukes, not caring the other side will also launch.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by pai mei]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

I am with you, what happened last year was the test, look how quickly it became global, look back to 1929 the same mechanics are being used today, dont forget the ones doing the shakin today are dadys boys

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
No, As soon as it came to a Country with a modern military to our own they would inflict severe casualties on our side as well. Not the numbers we see in Iraq and Afghanistan as bad as they are. Never mind a situation of smaller 2nd and then 3rd class nations teaming up. Look at the wars when super powers or close to super powers of the time were going at it losses of life were huge.

this is ruling out nukes and bio and that type of stuff

[edit on 17-9-2009 by twistingtree]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The US could win such a war . What they do , is launch a few missiles off at a country that has some degree of fighting back, but could not win such a war. France for example . When French nukes land upon US cities the cameras are sprung into action , recording the misery and the destruction . America then calls a truce . For the next 20 years we are subjected to wailing and whining and bleating and bemoaning on a scale hundreds of times greater than 9/11 owing to the greater scale of destruction . This would serve to drive the people's of the world crazed with this perverse form of psychological warfare , you would get nothing in the media or on the internet that did not have a picture of some flag waving american in abject distress and misery at such an act of unprovoked hostility . In time our brains become numb as we succumb into a vegetable-like state with this constant barrage until we are easy picking for the american military to move in and take over.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker

Yeah, unless you kill EVERYONE... and let's be honest... The USA is about the only damned country that actually TRIES to limit civilian casualties so... NO. Our mission (in my opinion) is to keep all the rest of the loons from killing themselves (and us in the process). So three cheers for having to be the planets freeking peacekeeper... a thankless job and a very expensive one.

And here we see the American in their native habitat, a none to rare view of their infamous behaviour of arrogance, ignorance, obnoxiousness and self obsession.

Differing from the rest of their race (genus Human), the American prefers to comment on things they know nothing about, rather than - for example, their Canadian and Mexican neighbours - prefering to know things about what they are commenting about.

Recently Australian psychologists created an experiment where they would ask a group of Americans simple questions. Without fail, the Americans would create an answer (which was inevitably wrong), instead of simply accepting they no nothing at all about the subject, as groups from other nations would do.
This is just one form of posturing that Americans frequently display.

www.youtube.com...

A seperate branch of Americans has occasionally been sighted. This group differ from the earlier mentioned in almost every way. They are intelligent, witty, knowledgable, open minded, modest, kind and generous but, although their numbers are 75% larger than the first group, they are extremely hard to notice due to the loud, large, attention seeking brattishness of the more studied group.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by triplesod]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by triplesod

Prove it.

Show us the proof that this "Experiment" Happened?

[edit on 17-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
All of this anti-American rhetoric just blows my mind.

So many countries and their would-be ambassadors want to shriek in fury and rage at us. What reasons can they give us for doing so? That we are arrogant? Not all of us, though we have a right to be. The majority of us are humbled by our daily existence. The thing that makes most of us humble, intelligent thinking beings... you bash, constantly. The Christian God. You hate our religion and then try to take away that which prevents us from becoming what you can't stand. Unbelievable.

Quit telling us to wake up. It's time for you to take your own medicine. This goes to everyone wanting to attack us.

1. Every time the US has ever lost a war or battle it has always been for the same reason, and NEVER has it been lack of will or resources or ability. It is because we have restrained our own military. Think of the wars where we were unleashed, freed from our self-imposed shackles. WWI. WWII. That's pretty much it. But even I understand the need for those restraints. Those restraints are to protect innocents. Canada, the UK, both impose the same restrictions on their military. But our enemies don't. They hide behind their women and children, then blame us for their deaths. This, I have witnessed with my own eyes. I would rather lose a war with a clear conscience than win it and be damned.
2. Given our instant global communication, it's an inevitability that there be a singular world government. With the advent of the internet, the world has become smaller and smaller. The sovereignty of the major world powers is constantly in question. It's only a matter of time. The change CAN be peaceful. But it won't be. Our similarities, our loves, our passions have brought us closer, as a race. Our religions are what's going to end any chance at a peaceful resolution to our differences.
3. You in the rest of the world, who do you see when you watch YOUR television. That's the only place you can get your news. If you think the internet gives you an unbiased view, immediately check yourself into an asylum cuz you're nuts. So when you see us, what is it that you see that you hate so much? Our corrupt leaders? Us 'bullying' other countries? Us reveling in everything we have while the rest of the world suffers? Get real. We know our politicians are corrupt. We do everything we can to rectify it. We are not always successful. We do not bully other countries. We protect the weak when you would let them die. We defend the helpless when you would allow them to be subjugated.
4. You are using technology that WE developed to get online here. Think about what we've given to the world.

Last, and this is my most important point. If your country, no matter what it was, were being forced into submission by a neighboring country, if you were promised torture and enslavement. Who would be the first people you called? Us. We wouldn't ask you for anything in return other than the assistance of your military. We have never stood by and watched freedom be desecrated. We will not fight FOR you, but we will fight WITH you. I've seen examples of people accusing us of standing by while other countries are demolished from within. If the people will rise up and fight, we will join you. But fighting to free a people that do not want to be free is a worthless endeavor. I believe this was our mistake in Iraq.

We are, by no means, perfect. Yet you expect us to be. We are the older brother watching after his beloved siblings. We will fight for you. We will die for you. But we will not stand by and let you abuse the rest of our family. Our goal is to protect, to keep the peace, and sometimes, as all men do, we fail. We, as a people, do our very best in good faith and in hope. Sometimes, things do not turn out as we would wish. Everyone wants to point our mistakes out, but no one wants to admit that we've helped in many ways, nearly everyone on the planet. We need to wake up? You are being fed your information by government run media, through CENSORED channels. That includes the internet. America is the last bastion of freedom, whether or not you care to admit it. We were born free and we'll die that way. We may have lopsided information, but that information comes from both sides. Most of us can read between the lines, take both stories and glean the truth using common sense. Before you go around bashing us, state what country you are from so that I might find how we've helped mold you into what you are today.

We are not perfect as you expect us to be. Holding anyone up to the standard of perfection will always end in a let-down. We do our best, and that isn't good enough. I'm not lost in the past with dreamy eyes. This is the way I see our country. Unlike you, I can see the failures and accept them. Learn from them. Please do the same.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
They can wipeout the world, yes.

Never takeover it!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join