It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.A could take over the world if they wanted to. Could they???

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Molder

Originally posted by Thepreye
This whole thread is a joke, my guess is there are no US participants just a bunch of US hating French Canadians masquerading as Merkahns to get them a worse reputation, the US couldn't conquer and occupy the ultra weak 5 axis of evil nations and now they think they could conquer and occupy Europe and all of Asia, what pathetic thinking.

You must have had great fun Dimitri

...If you are not going to be a productive member of this discussion

Now for the subject at hand. It is very unlikely that the U.S. could hold it might over the world without key allies and I really don't think that this could happen, specially when it comes to the middle East.

How could anyone be a productive member of this particular discussion?

Your final sentence says it all, the answer is a very obvious no, the US couldn't conquer the world, imho they could though defend themselves against the whole world including Mexico and Canada, if it didn't go nuclear, the fighting on the Alaska front would be bloody and epic though.

It would mean the social model in the USA would resemble North Korea after a few years of total war footing.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Molder

This whole thread is a joke, my guess is there are no US participants just a bunch of US hating French Canadians masquerading as Merkahns to get them a worse reputation, the US couldn't conquer and occupy the ultra weak 5 axis of evil nations and now they think they could conquer and occupy Europe and all of Asia, what pathetic thinking.

You must have had great fun Dimitri

...If you are not going to be a productive member of this discussion

Now for the subject at hand. It is very unlikely that the U.S. could hold it might over the world without key allies and I really don't think that this could happen, specially when it comes to the middle East.

How could anyone be a productive member of this particular discussion?

Your final sentence says it all, the answer is a very obvious no, the US couldn't conquer the world, imho they could though defend themselves against the whole world including Mexico and Canada, if it didn't go nuclear, the fighting on the Alaska front would be bloody and epic though.

It would mean the social model in the USA would resemble North Korea after a few years of total war footing.

You can not be thinking that seriously and with a straight face. I'm not saying that the U.S. couldn't attack the world but even with all that power it would eventually succumb to imperialist China, Japan, Korea, Russia....Then add the allies on both sides and you still end up with a screwed western allied fighting force. Again, we are not talking nukes, Mano a Mano, tank per tank, gun for gun.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Fox Molder

You ever worked out the logistics for moving 10 000 000 men and machines over the baring straits, landing getting a beach head then advancing 2/4000 miles over the roughest terrain available all the while under withering US attack, that's all after you solve the housing and feeding and training and transport on the Russo-Asia side of the straits.

Or were you proposing a massive naval attack across the Atlantic and pacific against the most powerful navy ever seen, you should go into games design when you graduate high school.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

Canadian Navy with our old worn down Frankenstein'ish battle ships keep kicking the U.S. a$$ every time we practice war games, so don't give me the all might U.S. crap!

I wish I was still in high school....Hell I wouldn't of had to do my tour in Ghani !!!! As for walking across the straights...Hummm..We are not talking about Napoleon times here...Wake up....LOL Don't you have any understanding of what goes on outside the great U.S.A ??? Don't you realize what Russia has at it's disposal, China, Korea, Iran, Japan....Come on now. Think straight.

I don't mind the discussions but when it comes to statements like your that the U.S. could overthrow and take over the world with it's all mighty fist.....I stand up and say.....RELAX DUDE, PUT THE BRASS KNUCKLES DOWN AND FINISH YOUR BEER !

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Fox Molder

Lol you think I'm a Yank, re read time dude.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
So you're in the U.K and nod not the U.S.....sorry I screwed up on that one...LOL. Still does not change my point of view.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
With all the "So called underground bases" the weapondry, the military spending. Why does any other nation bother in fighting america? how could they win. Imagine the weapons the US will release when a major war happens. no nation even spends 1/6th the amount America does. The wepons they have must be unimagineable. If Dulce, or other bases exist and the stuff thats happening down there is really real it would even be more terrifying. Could Russia even compete with the U.S.A??? Could all of Europe even compete with them?

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Maddogkull]

God saw this, and he made slavery.
slavery around the world enabled the races to be bonded as one..sort of.so it will be impossible to take over the world.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Wanting to rule the world by taking over countries, continents with force is the most stupid thing a country can do.....It will never succeed. As a replier before me stated....it probably works like a game of Risk. You need enough men to keep every part in the world you conquered in control. That will take many, many people.

The people who have a dream to conquer the world must know it can not be taken with soldiers......

These peoply came up with another strategy.....conquer the countries from within and let them volunteer to obey a single global king.

Infiltrate their governments, industry, media, army......and slowly convince them of an idea........a big idea.......an idea that is called the New World Order.

edit on 7-12-2010 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I'm sorry I thought this thread was purely speculation, looks like some people got lost in their emotions along the way, like I'm about to do. Apparently more people hate the US than I thought, why does this not reflect in the leadership of everyones various countries? And why does everyone hate the US in the first place? Missile envy or something? I see a lot of posts about how the US can't even conquer Iraq, last time I checked we did. What do you want us to do go chasing them through the forest at night and kill every last one of them sacrificing our families in the process? I'm sure there are some geniuses in the UK that still speak English, as opposed to German, that must be fun. People act like uncle sam came to their house and stole their pet cat. So I'm interested here, let me know why this is? No particular reason just because we got a few big ships and some cool jets?

Your complaining like nobody has ever used a military before, this is Earth, wtf you think is going to happen, we are all going to live happily ever after and bake cookies and drink chocolate milk together? I never read about anybody complaining when the Romans were chopping up societies left and right or when Europe was on a massive religious crusade, seems like pretty much everyone just shuts up when there is an actual malicious empire that is the dominant military power. Hell, no one really even cares that they are killing children in the middle east except the people of the United States, oh yea and I don't know if you have read about it but they blew up several thousand civilians in New York City and it was not an accident and they did not intend to hit a military target, that is only a courtesy that we give their wife beating, child killing sorry !@#$es. It just pisses me off, how much money we give away and all the little things like the LOAC (which directly contributes to the death of American troops, some of which I knew) and the respects and care we take not to harm innocent people while others commit genocide against us and hide missile launchers on top of hospitals then whine about it when we shoot at them, the list goes on and on.

Jeez, I'm sure half of you probably think we are some evil empire or something bent on the destruction of the world, let me let you in on a little secret: we don't give two flying rat !@$#s about ruling the world and Americans don't want your crappy pea shooting military support and most of all we don't want to have to deal with trying to govern your whiney behinds, so you can rest assured we will never try to take you over. While you got enough time to talk about how much you hate us, why don't you use it to take a shower more than once a week? Oh, thats right, you can't afford it, maybe you can petition your leaders and get them to drop down and suck some nice big red white and blue cock and get some shower money for your lazy asses. I am a patriot of my country and my mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters worked hard for this # that we call the free world and I am not about to sit and listen to some third world pansies talk about how they hate me and my family for no good reason, you people hate us so much then just bring it with all you got and lets do this #. Hope this helps you to understand how we feel about your constant complaining and bitching... peace. I'm sorry if you have to ban me and I apologize for the offensive words, but I really don't care at this point.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by double_frick

what is the drop out rate in america, these days??? not that graduating means you know anything about the way the world works, anymore.

I find this insulting!

Drop outs are smarter than graduates these days; and yes, i am talking about myself..

Good grades just means you do your homework.. Nothing more

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
the USA can take over the world do you know why because there is to many factors of which to choose. this is what we would call the end of the world. Russia would launch nukes within the first years and the US gov. will kill 2.8 billion people instantly with a min. of 3 billion on the way. I thought about this and i think we have no reason to take over the world because it would end with 5-6 billion people dying. No force on Earth could break through our defenses when fully activated. Every single black project would be in use. As for wargames with canada do you honestly think it will only be ship to ship? your entire fleet will be gone before it is utilized do to our airforce being so close to you. If this happens Humanity will barely survive. What are the long term effects of slow radiation we very well may be so different from now we could survive anything.

Now that were talking about this prove that you could breach the 70,000 defensive missiles that would be deployed. How would you stop our dubbed unstoppable air force? How could you break through our navy? not to mention how could the world take on the 160 million citizens in the USA that would step up to the plate? How could they stop the counter attack?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by trentyh

You're arguments are completely baseless, but I will say one thing. You can insult Canadian forces all you want, but after you attack us, we'll burn Washington down to the ground again. Where would your armed forces be without the military command HQ (Pentagon) and the political command HQ (White House)? I know about the American government's secondary command bunkers, and they are mostly designed to maintain communication with civil command. This is because the US government knows that without a standing leadership, the US will fall apart rather quickly.

And really, do you think us Canadians are stupid? We could probably effectively decapitate the US all by ourselves. Look at your conventional military tactics that focus on convoy style travel, and then look at the roads in the US; you have massive, multi-layer highways! One successful airstrike can render a major US highway inoperable, especially to a military that requires optimal access and heavy logistics. And look at US bridges, if they don't crumble away first from lack of maintenance, then they can easily be taken out by airstrikes or commandos.

"Fortress America" has defenses designed to fight off full-fledged invasion forces, like from Russia or Chinese. They have SAM defenses to attack bombers and missiles, but they cannot do anything about attacks on their infrastructure because it will cost too much to do anything about it (and even now, it is crumbling apart).

What will the American public think when they country falls apart and the only people that the government cares about are bankers, soldiers and politicians? You think they will fight for the US government? To fight to preserve the same America that robs them blindly? Most Americans will break down in the early stages of conflict, unaware of what to do in a time of crisis because they spent their whole lives watching TV and thinking they are invincible. They will turn to the winning side, and that probably won't be the American government.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Could the US destroy the world? Absolutely. Could the US take over the world? Not a chance.

Out of the 6.8 billion people on the planet, the United States only has 311 million people. That is men, women, children, and your elderly grandma sitting in a wheelchair hooked up to an oxygen tank.

Of the 311 million people in the United States, only 1.4 million serve in the active armed forces. While another 850,000 serve in the reserves.

It is the second largest military force in the world but not nearly enough. In comparison, China currently has 3 million people serving in the armed forces. Russia has another 2.1 million. Iran has about 1.2 million regular army and almost 3 million combat capable volunteers for the Islamic Revolutionary Guard.

The one thing we have going for ourselves, aside from ballistic missiles, is our fleet of aircraft carriers. There are currently 18 in active service. But when compared to Russia or China, we are severely outgunned in terms of surface ships and submarines.

We do have the advantage of stealth aircraft. But not many. And they are only effective against radar. Not against patrolling interceptors.

Now historically, it has always been a bad idea to fight on more than one front. This usually leads to catastrophic losses. Attempting to take over the entire world would have you fighting on multiple fronts, spreading your resources far too thin. Roughly 2 million people can be distributed only so much.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
reply to post by trentyh

And really, do you think us Canadians are stupid? We could probably effectively decapitate the US all by ourselves.

This statement pretty much answers itself. Any nation that has ever tried attacking the US has done it in a very cowardly and stupid manner and then been utterly defeated. History has repeated itself over and over again, all throughout time no one has ever been successful at attacking the US, even during our first steps as a country. What makes you think that a passive nation like Canada would even be able step on the border with such intentions, go ahead and try though we could use the extra land.

Where do you think Canada got all of it's military equipment anyways? If anything you should be thanking the US for the fact that you even have anything resembling a military. You can pointlessly attack the interstate system all day long if you can even manage to do that (doubtful), while you are doing that you can take a little time out to kiss all your government and military infrastructure goodbye. I like the Canadian government because it appears to be very liberal and seems like it would be a nice place to live, but the fact remains proven by your own post nonetheless, that when it comes to war Canadians aren't the brightest apples in the bunch.

Originally posted by allenidaho

The one thing we have going for ourselves, aside from ballistic missiles, is our fleet of aircraft carriers. There are currently 18 in active service. But when compared to Russia or China, we are severely outgunned in terms of surface ships and submarines.

I would have to say the difference in technology more than makes up for this. The aegis defenses systems make a USCG almost impervious to any missile attack, in order to successfully make a hit on any given ship in the group a nation would literally have to use more missiles than their equivalent number of ships could physically carry. The US Navy recently test fired a 100 mile magnetic railgun version of their ships main guns, this will bypass any missile defense systems and it is speculated they will be able to reach 200 miles in the near future, there are not many countries that even have missiles that can reach this range. The metal slug it fires is not explosive and can be carried in large quantities, but travels at extremely high velocities and causes massive kinetic damage.

The best bet against a USCG (Carrier Group) would be a submarine attack, and even then you have to be in exactly the right place at the right time or bet on the commander of the carrier group to make some kind of mistake or move in the wrong way. The US Navy has seemingly toned down their anti-submarine capabilities somewhat, they are either stupid or they have something up their sleeve, the latter is far more likely.

Originally posted by allenidaho

We do have the advantage of stealth aircraft. But not many. And they are only effective against radar. Not against patrolling interceptors.

I'm assuming you are talking about ground based radar, modern interceptors use radar to locate other aircraft. The F-22 is not that visible on radar to the point where the enemy aircraft will be shot down before they even know there it is there, from 100 miles away. The pilots of this aircraft are trained to take certain maneuvers to ensure that the aircrafts radar cross section remains as low as possible. The aircraft is actually more visible from the ground because it shows more surface area towards the up and down directions, but has measures for defense against this as well. The F-22 is capable of shooting down 14 of any plane in the world at long range that would pose any sort of competition for it, and it still packs 4 more close range missiles. The only real threat to an F-22, given that it was already detected by some other advanced sensor system, is an F-14 packing phoenix missiles.

When it comes to aircraft, no one else comes even close.

-----

We can sit here and argue specifics all day long, the cold hard facts dictate that the US military is the most powerful in the world. You can even talk crap about our economy, and comparable to times past it isn't as good as it once was (and yet still the best in the world), but it is far better suited and more efficient at producing military power and technology than Canada, China, Russia, the UK or any other. Contrary to what you are saying the US is not about to just fall over dead, there is even a large untapped potential for industrial production that we aren't even touching on, it happened during WW2 when we saved Europe's butt and it could happen again.

If anyone here is even somewhat knowledgeable of modern military technologies and tactics of the US and any others that could pose any kind of competition, I urge you to name a way (a realistic one, not a pipe dream) in which to exploit something about the US to take us over. You can't come up with anything that makes any sort of real sense because more than likely it doesn't exist. You people need to know a little bit about what your are talking about before you post this garbage.

edit on 13-12-2010 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
reply to post by trentyh

And really, do you think us Canadians are stupid? We could probably effectively decapitate the US all by ourselves.

This statement pretty much answers itself. Any nation that has ever tried attacking the US has done it in a very cowardly and stupid manner and then been utterly defeated.

Cowardly? The US invaded Canada and we countered by invading Washington. The first White House burned so hot that our general ordered our soldiers to put out the fires at our camp, so they could warm themselves by the fires of liberation.

Where do you think Canada got all of it's military equipment anyways? If anything you should be thanking the US for the fact that you even have anything resembling a military.

Oh how ignorant that statement is.

Canada was the fourth largest industrial power after WWII. We even had the largest navy.

Then in the 1950s our government signed an interoperability pact between the US and Canadian military complex (a "free-trade" agreement). This was the American attempt to destroy our own national military industry, and it worked.

But you can rest assured that we do have our own designs, because American weapons barely fit our requirements so we are experts in improvisation.

I like the Canadian government because it appears to be very liberal and seems like it would be a nice place to live, but the fact remains proven by your own post nonetheless, that when it comes to war Canadians aren't the brightest apples in the bunch.

Our government is far from liberal. It is run by neo-conservative puppets bought out by the American elite, because they still believe in that garbage about manifest destiny and they refuse to acknowledge that Canada is a sovereign nation (because Americans tend to believe in only one culture, their own).

And, just for your information since you are so uninformed, our military is much more trained and effective than your's. The only thing you have on my military is numbers and weapons designed for massacre. We believe in having a military for peacekeeping and national defense, but the Americans have done nothing but push our military brass into creating a warmongering military just like yours, so sorry that we are not as effective at starting wars and mass-murdering hundreds of thousands of people like your's.

The aegis defenses systems make a USCG almost impervious to any missile attack, in order to successfully make a hit on any given ship in the group a nation would literally have to use more missiles than their equivalent number of ships could physically carry.

Keep believing whatever you want. You missile technology, especially missile-interception technology, seriously lags behind a lot of the world's missile tech. And you think it's missile vs missile? A real conflict involves so much more. How will your precious AEGIS ships perform when their high-tech computers are shut down by a simple virus?

The US Navy recently test fired a 100 mile magnetic railgun version of their ships main guns, this will bypass any missile defense systems and it is speculated they will be able to reach 200 miles in the near future, there are not many countries that even have missiles that can reach this range. The metal slug it fires is not explosive and can be carried in large quantities, but travels at extremely high velocities and causes massive kinetic damage.

I really don't care about your excessively expensive weapons. My military isn't designed for a huge war, it is effective for operation-specific duties. Why would we take on an armada of American ships when we can take out American Naval command?

It was your exact attitude of thinking you have such an invincible army that lead Canadians to victory against 90% of all conflicts against Americans in the centuries of wars between us. Americans came with large armies, large armadas of ships. What did we have? Farmers, patriots and natives, and we decimated American advances because we hid in the bush and attacked priority targets and cut off logistic routes. We will do the same again.

The best bet against a USCG (Carrier Group) would be a submarine attack, and even then you have to be in exactly the right place at the right time or bet on the commander of the carrier group to make some kind of mistake or move in the wrong way.

There's so many ways to take out a carrier that it will be very interesting to watch in video format the next time (if ever) the US fights an enemy that is actually comparable, like Iran, North Korea, China, Russia, France, Germany, UK, Canada, Israel, Japan, etc.

The F-22 is capable of shooting down 14 of any plane in the world at long range that would pose any sort of competition for it, and it still packs 4 more close range missiles. The only real threat to an F-22, given that it was already detected by some other advanced sensor system, is an F-14 packing phoenix missiles.

Says what, American computer simulation programs? The F-22 is an aircraft, it can be shot down. Modern Russian SAMs like the Triumf can already target and down F-22s because that is what they are designed to do. And it's not like any fighter cannot engage an F-22 in a dogfight, because they can.

We can sit here and argue specifics all day long, the cold hard facts dictate that the US military is the most powerful in the world.

If anyone here is even somewhat knowledgeable of modern military technologies and tactics of the US and any others that could pose any kind of competition, I urge you to name a way (a realistic one, not a pipe dream) in which to exploit something about the US to take us over. You can't come up with anything that makes any sort of real sense because more than likely it doesn't exist. You people need to know a little bit about what your are talking about before you post this garbage.

Keep smoking that propaganda. The only fact here is that the US claims it is invincible because of its military track record, but any idiot who can interpret that record can put 2 and 2 together and see that for such an advanced and "superior" military as what the US has, it has only fought insurgents and ragtag armies. It hasn't engaged a real enemy yet since they know they will inflict much heavier casualties, which will not be savvy to the American media or public.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Wow your right, I just checked up on it and I didn't realize Canada was such a huge global superpower. Thanks for setting me straight, I don't think I'll be continuing this conversation.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
WOW!!! Big dreamer or nightmare???
there is no way we could conquer the world ... let alone holding it from the locals we stole it from ..... and like pointed out in other posts "Who wants it?" I sure don't want it. I have been to Panama and I say just not no but HELL NO! I remember taking the train from Fort Sherman to Panama City was like being transported back to the WildWild West TV show except it was jungle. The seats of the open air car looked of oldtime velevetcrush material that looks almost black from dirt and who knows what else. After we got off the tran there was a guy with a butcher block cart on wagon size wheels that had dowel rods with these deep fried monkeys on a stick. Some were turning green and looked rancid. And that was just as I got off the train ......

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Look Dimitri...We are good but hold your horses for a minute.!!!! LOL We got the best Navy and the best damn snipers but other than that......I don't think that our old (U.S. throw aways ) Fa-18s can hold up to the F-22s and the rest of the older F-16s they got. Even if it would come down to just numbers, we are fooked !!! Then we can talk tanks...Humm...Can you imagine a Bradley against our Cougars...LOL....

Look, we can take some and show them we are a kick ass force to be reckon with, we are efficient and multi tasked trained contrary to some U.S. forces but we are by no means a threat to the U.S. Last I checked our inventory I didn't see any B-2 bombers or Stealth fighters in our hangers either.

So.....That being said.....I love my U.S. brothers and sisters, it's fun to argue and scuffle every now and then but I'm sure happy that we are related !!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Canada could not breach our defenses and the white house has reinforced steel concrete with a bunker underneath it made of steel and concrete buried under 200 feet of ground and in the event of a war the president will either be in here or a secure bunker and just because you take out the white house doesnt cut off the head of the gov. we have several people to replace him. Canada cant burn the white house its not made of flammable material. So your info. is baseless. Canada would be annexed nearly immediately due to our need for oil.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

lol! i saw your post trying to destroy that guys post. So therefore let me explain why should we want to suffer heavy losses???
We dont use just one missile defense system we use quite a few like patriot, aegis, nike, laser.
SO let me guess your saying that we would have issues with countries we could destroy? Russia and China are probably the only adversaries we have.
Just so you know if your dream of america falling becomes true what nation is gonna step up to the plate and speak for what most of the world considers right?
NOT saying the us is a innocent country

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join