It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can foods last up to 3 years! -cool

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I never really looked closely to what the expiration dates were on food. Today I was in the supermarket and stopped and started checking out the can foods. To my surprise I saw that many had a July/Aug 2012 expiry date, others 2011. I thought they were only about a year.

Kinda good news if you ready to stock up a small stash for a few years. Just in case 2012 is a GO! You can stock pile in 2011 and that should take you through to 2014.

No need for MRE’s (Meals ready to eat). Well not unless you back packing? Cans get kinda heavy.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by SharkBait]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I was really fiending for that canned pasta stuff one day, so I raided the pantry looked at it, looked old as hell, but I figured ah what the hell.

Ate it, then looked at the expiration, it still had another year!

I was so glad!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

pasta in a can, so wrong...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
I was really fiending for that canned pasta stuff one day, so I raided the pantry looked at it, looked old as hell, but I figured ah what the hell.

Ate it, then looked at the expiration, it still had another year!

I was so glad!

You only checked the expiration check after eating it? It may be better if you don't help us rebuild civilization.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I had been wondering about this for awhile since I really don't have much money. If where to begin stockpiling supplies for SHTF situation would I eventually get to the point where I would need to discard my canned goods and start over? One solution I had if it came to that would be to donate the close to expiration stuff to the homeless/needy, no sense wasting it. Something to think about anyway thanks for bringing it up.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

You only checked the expiration check after eating it? It may be better if you don't help us rebuild civilization.

I knew it'd probably because expired, so I just ate it without looking, cause i really wanted pasta

But hey, i'm a guy, and I bet you every guy can say they ate something expired before, or raw. We're men, We Are SPARTA!

new topics

top topics

join