It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Benefits, In Detail, Do Our Reps Get? And for what?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I have no idea where to find this information, but the question just struck me today.

With all of the 'Healthcare' hubaloo and such, just what exactly do our government reps get, and how does it compare to what they're proposing for us, and will THEY take part in that or will they be 'exempt', etc., etc. etc.?

Do you see where I'm going here? Maybe it's just me, but I feel like we'll be sold down the river without a second thought. Not only regarding healthcare, but any/every thing.

I'm at the point now where I have -100% confidence in my government and my representatives, for they have ALL lost their way as regards representation and exactly WHY they are in their current position(s).

I grow weary reading the news each day, for the people that put these so-called 'representatives' in office don't seem to be aware of the error of their ways. In the meantime, we all suffer and complain, yet nothing ever changes. If nothing else, conditions are becoming even more dire.

Does anyone else feel the same? Am I the only one?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Here's a little info. As for the medical benefits, federal employees ( as for myself when I was one) was given a choice of 3-4 different plans like HMO's, PPO's, etc. Mine were through Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal. It is a pretty decent program and never really had to fight with them for any treatment.As for them being exempt. I know that one of the bills being floated around did exempt them from it. The others I am not quite sure, and won't add to the specualtion becasue I only have been able to read that first bill. The politicians have detached themselves from the people whom they are supposed yto represent because the special interests that pump so much money into getting them elected remind them daily that they are owed. Anything outside of the beltway is fantasyland for them. So I would say , YES we have been pissed on and pushed down the river.
Benefits rundown

[edit on 19-9-2009 by djvexd]

new topics

join