It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I believe over 1,000 people were murdered due to the actions of a UK national newspaper

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
You have to remember also, if this headline was from 2001, Gordon Brown was the Chancellor of the exchequer, not Prime Minister, that was still Tony Blair, and there where no calls back then for him to stand down as Prime Minister.

Indeed that's right, the first time the knives were out in the Daily Mail newspaper, it was for Gordon Brown, who was then the Chancellor.

That only came after the War started, and he wasn't forced out, he decided to retire as Prime Minister, what pissed everyone off was, there was no leadership battle as is normal in the UK, it became a straight swap of office for Brown, and Tony Blair went on to a mediation role.

Whilst the Daily Mail Comment would daily blame Blair for everything under the sun, not ever, did the Daily Mail have knives out for Tony Blair.

So the original story could only have been referring to something he had done with the economy.

Young kids reading the political pages, well kind of takes away the deliberately directed at point of view IMO, how many Hoodies sit and read about what goes on at the then Number 11 resident?

Quite a point. When I read the paper, I just glance at the headlines and only read the story if it looks to be interesting.

I am a firm believer that everything we see is designed in some way to use our own minds for their benefit, but I also believe the clampdown on Knife crime was responsible for it's reduction, and they did go at it with everything they had, all over the country.

I even got questioned for having an Athame in the boot of my car at a traffic stop, my explanation was accepted and I continued on my way in 10 mins.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I have been glad to spend considerable time on this during the last 24 hours. I think I make a clear case. Due to other obligations, including correspondence with UK prisoners, I need to free up some time, so I will not be able to continue to spend so much time on this thread, do continue to debate if you wish to, and I hope - if you agree with me - you will spread the word about what I think are horrendous headlines, and their human cost, I believe the toll has been massive.

Regardless of your opinion of whether knife metaphors have led to knife crime, although I feel the case is compelling - if you are on 'facebook', please consider joining the "Stop Knife Crime... Now!" group, which has over 145,000 members.

The more people who join the better - spread the word, and do invite all your friends. We can succeed in eliminating the dreadful scourge of knife crime, and "knife culture", all over the world. And I think we can stop violent crime.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by TheDailyPlanet]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
This is one of the most important threads/topics to be read on ATS .. imo

I commend the OP

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
i don't think some of these posters get it at all,he is not saying everyone who reads the headlines about knives goes out and knifes someone,he's referring to people who are susceptible to such headlines,even if that's just a small number.but i believe the media, controlled by the undesirables, understands subliminal psychology,and use it to their advantage,more crime,more laws and more cops.plus more toys for the cops. surveillance cameras of the whole community you name it.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Yes, applause. When does the book burning begin? It's like a literary form of political correctness. Maybe they should move the Daily Mail to the top shelf, stick it in a plastic bag with the front painted black to prevent the schizophrenics from stabbing some random passer by.

If this thread proves anything, anything at all, it's that someone somewhere has wasted 8 years of their life being a nuisance, convinced themselves a national paper likes to taunt them and had achieved the sum total of nothing except a half assed attempt to censor the press.

Fail thread is fail.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
This is what the situation WAS like, at this link there is the Daily Mail article "The Shadow of the Knife" -

www.dailymail.co.uk...

And why now in 2009, do think the Daily Mail recently ran the headline?

"The latest victim in Britain's blade culture....... the penknife"

Because, they didn't have any knife crimes or murder to report.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by TheDailyPlanet]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by quackers

Go back to 4chan please.

On topic:

I've seen some very blatant and subversive tactics used against the people in the UK. It is my belief that the UK is testing their population to see just how much they can push them. If you subscribe to the NWO theory, I believe they are intentionally destabilizing their culture and society. I don't blink one second when I read the OP's accusations. Most here will tell the OP to "go to school" or suggest he is stupid. However, these tactics are used in force since the beginning of propaganda and psychological manipulation. These little messages hidden in headlines and national newspapers do not have any less impact. The constant reference to knives is an issue, and you don't have to read the damn newspaper to see it in the news paper boxes, plastered in stores while you wait in line or at any place where headlines can be read. Only an idiot would believe these subliminal messages are only for those who regularly buy the papers (And what a great opportunity to call them lunatics and weirdos!).

I commend your vigilance OP, and hope that you can piece together some more things going on in your country. The UK is going through some turbulent times, and I think it is happening intentionally. Keep your eyes open!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
FYI

Done some digging on Peter Dew.

He ran a company called www.smokenotar.com which failed and left unfulfilled orders. See this link

www.liberalconspiracy.org... nt-and-paul-dacre-corrupt-the-youth/

Quote from that thread:

"I do not wish anybody to be murdered or attacked with a knife. I do not wish to be personally murdered or attacked. I have a business to run called “smokenotar.com”

In another forum where he is trying to explain why his company had not fulfilled orders he says:

"also I was detained in the hospital (psychiatric) for longer than expected"

see: www.e-cigarette-forum.com...

I wonder what the psychiatric problem was? Obsession perhaps?

The Rat

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Ratman]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ratman
FYI

He ran a company called www.smokenotar.com which failed and left unfulfilled orders. See this link

Quote from that thread:

"I do not wish anybody to be murdered or attacked with a knife. I do not wish to be personally murdered or attacked. I have a business to run called “smokenotar.com”

In another forum where he is trying to explain why his company had not fulfilled orders he says:

The Rat

Good digging.

I suspected as much (psychiatric problems) as soon as I read his first post. Hopefully our friend Mr Dew will seek the help he needs.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ratman
FYI

Quote from that thread:

The Rat

I ran a business called smokenotar.com which opened on September.

We received a turnover of £5,500 in our second week, and the first problem encountered was that Paypal withheld £5,000 from the business for 6 weeks, because they wanted to be certain of my identity.

As a result, many orders were delivered late since all the receipts we were apparently receiving, were just being held by Paypal.

Finally, Paypal released the money.

Then, I made complaints about the Daily Mail printing "Knives come out" saying that this would lead to knife crime ! As a result of this, I was 'sectioned' because it was said that to say that "Knives come out" leads to knife crime was a paranoid belief. Upon protestation that this was the reality, I was taken away and told to shut up.

As a result, I was locked up, and it was not possible to fulfil the orders.

I stated I do not have a psychiatric problem, because I do not.

Upon release from the charade, I immediately took steps to contact the customers who had not received their orders. We have fulfilled nearly all of the orders that were not delivered now, there is just a few remaining, and at the website www.smokenotar.com it advises customers to get in touch if they are owed anything! Furthermore, the freephone number 0800 0845 001 is reconnected.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
This is an extract from the Society of Editor's speech given by Paul Dacre, November of last year, and a picture of him. I think some of what he says is quite revealing about his own personality.

"May God strike me down but as this is a Society of Editors Conference I have a grotesquely hubristic confession to make - from virtually the moment I was born, I wanted to be an editor.

Not just wanted, if I’m being honest. Hungered ..... Lusted with a passion that while unfulfilled, would gnaw at my entrails. Thus it was that my early years were but a long frustrating apprenticeship for the editorship I had to have.

In the next issue, I discretely secreted a couple of expletives into an article.  It was child’s stuff by the standards of Messrs Brand and Ross but they got me into terrible trouble with the headmaster.  The magazine, needless to say, sold out but my relationship with the school was never quite the same again.

Lesson Two: Sensation sells papers.  Editors are troublemakers who invariably fall out with the authorities.  Editors can’t get too close to anyone.  Too often those who befriend them, do it for one of two reasons: they want to get something into the paper or, more likely, keep it out.  A good editor has to be an outsider.  Being an outsider can be very lonely.

Meanwhile, I had become hopelessly addicted to another drug that was made up in equal parts of words, intros, picture crops, headline counts, ideas, campaigns, passions, sensation and the sheer bloody mischief that is the chemistry of any good paper."

The full speech is at:- www.societyofeditors.co.uk/userfiles/file/PaulDacreSpeech91108.doc

Photograph of Paul Dacre:- www.societyofeditors.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
DailyPlanet, I have known for some time that what you describe here is possible, to influence people's actions and what people think by means of things apparently harmless and in no way connected to the individual (ala Derren Brown).

Should Derren Brown be sectioned as well?

Most people here believe that a secret group of people have been controlling the whole world for a very long time, slowly crafting the society they want while which even more likely to get you sectioned than believing in a very small percentage of people being susceptible to to what they percieve as a command.

DailyPlanet you have my support, absolutely nothing that anyone here has posted about you trying to discredit you has worked on me.

Over and out
Twisted-Inside-Out

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Twisted-Inside-Out

Well thanks very much. Earlier on in this forum, someone posted a video of Derren Brown, with reference to Neuro Linguistic Programming, saying that this is actually what the paper has been doing in their headlines "Knives are out.." "Knives come out.." "Knives are being sharpened.." "Now they will stab him.." "Rape girl.." etc. I haven't seen it yet, but I will watch it very soon.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Hi, I note - but do not object to the fact - that, after a period previous posts can't be edited. So in reference to my previous post where I implied I was withdrawing my attention to this thread, I rescind this - I have now got the other pressing matters done, and frankly, this is my number one priority at the moment. We have to maintain the massive reduction in knife crime in the UK.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
www.independent.co.uk...

I was notified about 15 minutes ago, that the Independent newspaper had published the article "How this man taught me to kill in four moves".

I objected to the article with the following comment, which they published on their online version about 5 minutes after I had submitted it:-
..................................................................................................

A RISK OF KNIFE METAPHOR CACOPHEMISM CONFUSION
TheDailyPlanet wrote:

Saturday, 19 September 2009 at 12:51 pm (UTC)
"In antisocial behaviour we may goad each other, we may push each other, but we're still communicating," he says. "Asocial behaviour is where the head drops, the knives come out, nobody talks, and you're just trying to end another human being. Those are the events that I am talking about, those are the events that people come to me for."

For starters, I don't think methods of killing should be given publicity.

Now, in the above quoted text the chap mentions "the knives come out". However, many readers will no doubt be aware that there is a knife metaphor cacophemism that newspapers have used - "the knives are out", and there is another cacophemism which has been used by some media "knives come out".

Seeing those phrases cropping up so often in the press - and the Daily Mail has done this the most and in the 'biggest' fashion - how are youngsters to know whether you are referring to the metaphorical allegorical knives, or real knife weapons. In any case, is it not clear that knife violence must not be promoted.

And, whilst making this comment, come on, newspapers. These knife metaphors are unhelpful in the work against violence. Independent, I don't think you should put "Knives are out" or "Knives are being sharpened" in your headlines or article body text, for blatantly obvious reasons, another example, Telegraph front page headline "Plot to knife Brown ends in failure" - really? The plot to commit knife crime against Brown ends in failure? No, there is no knife crime commited against Brown, do you expect EVERY single person walking past that headline in their newsagents to realise that these are knife metaphor cacophemisms, and they are not literally intended? Because to confused youngsters, you're telling them - this is the countenancing of knife crime.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I have made a further significant post on the board, which was published 5 minutes after submission (the story is amongst the top headlines on independent.co.uk) :-

Post title- This is an outrage

I am feeling very let down.

Not only have you gone to press with an article where you give free publicity to a man that assists people with situations like "the knives come out". I see in the printed paper on page 31 there is a grotesque cartoon covering half the page depicting very unkindly, a Gordon Brown - with rolls of fat on his body, holding and depicted just on the point of weilding a huge sword, already depicted dripping with blood, grasping the hair of a terrified woman, shown with her top half completely naked.

Furthermore, I see on page 12 of Sport, there is an article that I might have wanted to read about Gary Player, the golfer, and 50% of the article is obscured by what looks like a piece of paper which has got in the way of the printing plates, rendering the article totally unreadable.

What are the implications for violent crime, printing cartoon violence of the Prime Minister murdering women, of publicising a man who will teach people the best method for effective killing, and indeed - your regular usage over many years of the knife metaphor cacophemisms "Knives are out", "Knives are being sharpened" [in the context of the preparation for kniving], and "Knives out". There is much information on the internet about the problems of this metaphor, (you can search "knife metaphors" on google and the information is there]

I am going to have to make another communication to your publisher, Mr. Gavin O'Reilly, and another communication to the Managing Editor, Mr. Simon Kelner, because this is simply repulsive. I am returning the printed newspaper I bought today, to request a refund, including my postage costs, and I will consult with my solicitors over this matter too now (in addition to my possible pending action against the Daily Mail newspaper).

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by pauldamo
i don't think some of these posters get it at all,he is not saying everyone who reads the headlines about knives goes out and knifes someone,he's referring to people who are susceptible to such headlines,even if that's just a small number.but i believe the media, controlled by the undesirables, understands subliminal psychology,and use it to their advantage,more crime,more laws and more cops.plus more toys for the cops. surveillance cameras of the whole community you name it.

This terminology has been with us for decades, yes it is used by the media but it is also used by ordinary people, another common phrase is 'cut and run'. Someone does something bad you say, t'hey stabbed him/her in the back.
If this is subliminal messaging, all newspapers and other media are guilty, as well as the everyday person.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I have not been making a fuss about the metaphor "stabbed in the back", however I do not use this metaphor, and do not like it.

I have been complaining about headlines like "Who will wield the knife?" (spread across two pages), and "Blair buddy puts knife in Brown" (spread across two pages more recently), on June 8th 2009 - I have this knife crime headline right in front of me now. Do you really talk to your peers talk with this kind of terminology?

Since the newspapers were told to cease and desist there has been an enormous reduction in knife crime in the UK, an enormous reduction.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by TheDailyPlanet]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I truly believe we are all, at least at some point in our lives, we are/become susceptible to certain things our brain picks up while we are reading or listening. I can vouch for it as 3 years ago I fell victim to this. Luckily and thankfully it was while listening to dance music and the words my brain picked up didn't affect my life negatively. If I on the other were listening to some of that dirty & violent rap music that others enjoy, well I can't bare to think how my life would be now.
In regards to this individual using the whole "knives" metaphor, well I do believe there are people out in this world of whom are just pure evil and of whom are out there with the intention of causing chaos amongst the population which will end up in some sort of violent act.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awakened2012
I truly believe we are all, at least at some point in our lives, we are/become susceptible to certain things our brain picks up while we are reading or listening. I can vouch for it as 3 years ago I fell victim to this. Luckily and thankfully it was while listening to dance music and the words my brain picked up didn't affect my life negatively. If I on the other were listening to some of that dirty & violent rap music that others enjoy, well I can't bare to think how my life would be now.

Hello Awakened, would you be willing to share that story in more detail? It sounds extremely interesting.

Over and out
Twisted-Inside-Out

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join