It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Fix Immigration

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Maybe, my candidate should approach that subject as well?

That could be a HUGE rallying point. I believe that most Americans want English to be the official language. I can see seniors, conservatives and many liberals that would consider THAT to be real "change". Heck, I'm surprised that it hasn't been demanded by the masses already.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I am a person who has not appreciated the enormous influx of illegal immigrants in to US and particuarly my state. I have some questions.

Regarding businesses that hire illegals. First, what state government department is liable for this survey and review of business records that reflect an immigrant is illegal? Can you explain the process of how this would be carried out? Is this even being done at this point, and what is the sucess rate of finding illegals and deporting them?

As an add on to that, how will the people who are liable for finding illegals detect those who work on....let's say pork industry farms in which the industry provides farms or allow individuals to work a private farm for the industry. That would take a lot of manpower for survey and review since the actual industry office is also going to be reviewed. There are many illegal aliens who have worked on these farms and have never been checked for citizenship status. Some of these "farmers" have made millions through utilizing these low cost aliens and nothing has ever been done towards this situation, as far as I know.

Also, I don't see citizens reporting the use of illegals to the government as it would be difficult to get the necessary information as the employers wouldn't give that information out to individuals.

Many people have signed petitions and protested this type industry moving into this state with little acknowledgement by the state officials. Big business is very difficult to stop.

I agree with most of what you are saying, but I would like to know just exactly who will be responsible and how these steps are going to be executed in all areas. I can see that your plan could possibly provide employment for Americans and it could be an excellent program. How will this plan be funded?

As far as an insufficient number of American non-skilled laborers and jobs that nobody wants. If the government would put a limit on people who are on welfare programs to three years, those people would find out that a nonskilled job is better than starving and get off the easy street the are now living on. Of course, those people would be able to work, health wise and be a legal citizen.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Next_Heap_With
I say Deport all Illegals..and let the fat lazy Americans work for 7.15 an hour....

...I Have a Better plan..

1. Abolish all Nations...
2.Everybody is a citizen of the world...so everybody can go anywhere they want..
3.Take all the right-wing conservatives xenophobic to an island...far far away from the rest of us...

..Nations + Patriotism = Right wing nut cracks that think the world belongs to them...

That is called Communism and is their ultimate goal.

They put all their dissenters in "Gulags" or re-education camps.

It would be a lot easier to invade their countries and over throw the corrupt governments.

It is not like their very far a way.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
As far as an insufficient number of American non-skilled laborers and jobs that nobody wants. If the government would put a limit on people who are on welfare programs to three years, those people would find out that a nonskilled job is better than starving and get off the easy street the are now living on. Of course, those people would be able to work, health wise and be a legal citizen.

You said a mothfull. I could not agree more. We are paying people not to work and we claim that nobody wants to do the jobs that the illegals are doing. The problem is they will argue that all those welfare people live in the big cities and the farms are too far away. I'll bet there are plenty of illegals working in cities . Lots of luck getting them to change it though . It makes too much sense. We have cultured an entire segment of the population who have become compacent in their status and see no way of ever changing. Not to mention that they feel they are owed something from the rest of us!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
MMmm, tricky subject. Although I'm usually a liberal on most issues
I think our national soveriegnty is at stake here.

Make english the official national language.

Enforce all our employment of illegals laws and increase fines to
where no-one will want to get caught.

We don't need a wall, it would be too expensive.

They are here ILLEGALLY. they should be treated as such. We
have property confiscation laws already so if possible then can
pay their way back home. Sorry but I'M not paying!
I realize that may be as many as 15 - 20 Million but whatever,
they sitll gotta go home which isn't here.

Amend the constitution to exclude children born here to
parents who are here illegally. If only one parent is illegal your
citizenship is up to your parents nation. tough!

Allow no state or federal aid to illegals.

I wouldnt deny medical treatment however, I'm not inhumane,

Workfare can fill all those jobs illegals are doing now.

I agree with allowing deadly force to be used at the border.

Abolish GATT , CAFTA and the WTO so that central american
countries can get back on their feet economically.

It sounds pretty hardcore but I think the stress of illegals is
a primary problem that is very costly to the Nation. We gotta
do what we gotta do, it's sink or swim time.

I know this we be highly unpopular but I'm not here to win
a popularity contest. flame at will !!

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Make english the official national language.

Not debating, just curious.

Why should we make English the national language if America has survived without it being the National language for 233 years and counting?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Why should we make English the national language if America has survived without it being the National language for 233 years and counting?

Well, this is just my opinion, but for about 200 of those 233 years it was well understood that English was the official language! "Political Correctness" is a rather new concept, and coming into the country looking for a handout rather than an opportunity is new as well!!

Therefore, there was never a need to designate a language until now!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

mm..i think all Americans should learn to speak the ACTUAL NATIVE language(s) of the US land...Navajo..Cherokee....etc...

..They were here first..WHY DO THEY(NATIVE AMERICANS) HAVE TO ADAPT TO THE INVADER'S LANGUAGE?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by catamaran

First, what state government department is liable for this survey and review of business records that reflect an immigrant is illegal? Can you explain the process of how this would be carried out? Is this even being done at this point, and what is the sucess rate of finding illegals and deporting them?

Well, INS (Immigration and Naturalization) is in charge of making sure people are here legally, and documented as such.

Border Patrol as well as State Police are in charge of securing the borders and checking transport vehicles for illegals.

And the IRS is in charge of making sure employers are not paying people off the books, or employing undocumented workers. Although INS often raids employers as well, and they can levy fines, but their role requires a lot of intel or tips, and they don't have the manpower to secure the borders and raid the employers both!

So, the success rate of deporting people is very, very low! What really chaps me, is that they walk right into our Social Security offices, and our License Bureaus, and our Hospitals, and they admit to being illegal, but nobody calls the police, and if they do call, nobody comes to arrest them, they just take a report and hand it over to INS to go in a very large stack of reports that are never acted on!!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

mm..i think all Americans should learn to speak the ACTUAL NATIVE language(s) of the US land...Navajo..Cherokee....etc...

..They were here first..WHY DO THEY(NATIVE AMERICANS) HAVE TO ADAPT TO THE INVADER'S LANGUAGE?

I have actually tried to find info on learning Apache/Shoshone and I cannot find any literature, books, or info for it! I have a lot of that blood in my family. I have spent quite a lot of time around the Cherokee in Oklahoma, but I don't know any of the language.

That is a great idealistic view, but I don't think it stands a chance.

Plus there are just too many "Native" languages to choose from.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Because the white people stole the land and now think they own
it.
Besides, it IS the most popular language spoken here and
we need a common way of communication. I take your point but
spanish shouldn't be replacing english and I think it's pandering to
hispanics to make EVERTHING bi-lingual these days . If you speak
any other language they sure don't make it easy for you to integrate here.

I've tried to learn Cherokee (my ancestry) but without
a real speaker it is impossible to learn. ::sigh::

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
As far as making the national language: It would be practically impossible for all english speaking and spanish speaking people who live here to learn a language that most of the Native Americans don't even know themselves.

The Native Americans in the past have lost most of their cultural traditions as well as their language. Only the elder indians speak the native tongue to the people of their age. Younger indians were not taught how to speak their language as they were indoctrinated into the english speaking schools and their schools were being phased out.

I understand that in the more recent years, the indians are providing language classes to reinstitute their language.

Since the english speaking people (which includes the indian nation) make up the majority it only makes sense to establish english as the national language.

It would take a long time to teach a whole nation a language that is foreign to most citizens.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I think the concepts of nationality and patriotism are retarded.

you have had little or no input or choice in citizenship.you were born where mom dropped you and maybe you try to go somewhere better

I am an american that usually lives out country due to work.
I have family of american,italian,french,norwegian, nationalities amongst others.

My first loyalty is to my family,screw whatever ridiculous puppet crap our masters assemble for us this time.
I have no loyalty to soil,the reason i care about america is
I Believe in the constitution and bill of rights.
But not as much as I believe in my family.

people are people regardless of which side of a border they were born on.
you'd have a different opinion working for 150 peso a day.that's a little more than $10 usd a day.

One problem is that there is no such creature as a politician who isn't corrupt and the same goes for governments.

Anyone who wants to use lethal force on trespassing families looking for a better life needs to find a mirror and take a long deep look into it.That is plain evil.

another problem is americans who have never left the country thinking they have an intelligent opinion on foreign affairs and voting their views.If you can't even point to it on a map maybe your insight isn't worth much.

I'll rant more in a bit...

[edit on 25-11-2009 by the_grand_pooh-bah]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by the_grand_pooh-bah

LOL! Good Rant! I tend to agree that it makes no sense to be loyal to soil, and that believing in the Constitution and Bill of Rights is paramount to being Patriotic. (Something our politicians seem to have forgotten!)

Fixing immigration, IMO, is a matter of National Security, and it is necessary, just like all forms of Military, Police, Borders, Treaties, etc. are important!

If we cannot control who is coming and going from our country, then we cannot be safe. I am all for the immigrant workers, and I am all for open travel, but there has to be some fail safe, and documentation, otherwise enemies of our nation can just drive in with whatever weapons they want, and begin causing havoc!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

This posting of mine assumes we are all american here-oh and I'm still new to ats so go easy on me for syntax but not my message.

the terrorist problem and national security is simple to fix.

1.NSFW language www.youtube.com...
this is our best defense against terrorist attacks.we Americans use it every day against countless things in our life.one more won't kill us. to put this into perspective compare 9/11 casualties to smoking casualties,you didn't care about those did you?maybe you did if it directly affects you but i think you guys get my point.

2.Legalize all consensual activity for adults-prostitution,drugs and gambling.if you are an adult you are responsible for yourself.

3.allow open borders,fingerprint and name to get in AND to work,no hassles,keep waiting in line as short as possible.

4.no reason for drug runners to circumvent border any more,no more human traffic. only folks crossing borders at places other than checkpoints are lost campers and bad guys.

5.pull back armed forces and focus on space travel.

6.build shrines in my honor.

7.if the attacks continue take dna from corpse of the attacker,track down his village/town and sterilize his bloodline.
what's a war crime between friends?
:-)

[edit on 26-11-2009 by the_grand_pooh-bah]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

+1000

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by the_grand_pooh-bah

2.Legalize all consensual activity for adults-prostitution,drugs and gambling.if you are an adult you are responsible for yourself.

Excellent Idea!! I have always believed this, and I think it would make a nice platform for a Common Sense candidate. Run for Governor on this platform please. I will help!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
To understand this problem you have to look back in history. This started back in World War II. With a majority of the men in the country in the armed services, alot of workers were invited by the US federal government to work, freeing up the manpower for the war effort. However after WWII ended, we did not tell them to go home. So the workers stayed. This process needs to be reveresed. I do not agree with amnesty, cause it is stating that you can ignore one set of laws, and that does not do well, because the same argument can be used by squatters who tresspass onto a persons property and stay there.
My solution is, and I know it is unpopular, but all illegale immigrants who are here are to be rounded up, documented and then deported immediately, with the understanding that if they are caught again in the country illegally, they go to prison for a few years, no trial, no lawyers, no contacting the consulate, just to prison for a few years and then sent home again.
Securing the boarders, even by military means is a good idea, as it states that we are serious about not having illegale immigrants come into the country.
And give it a good 2 weeks. If the illegale immigrants are that important to the country, then in 2 weeks the laws will be propossed and the process of them able to get into the country legally will be alot better than it is right now.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reinforced concrete wall 1 mile high
see em try to scale over that!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Hmmm....I like your way of thinking. If you're serious about a proposal to a congressman, etc., here's some ideas I had regarding each of your sections lsited:

1. Amnesty - great idea, nothing much to add. You're right, it's necessary at this point

2. I agree that we need to do something drastic on our borders, but LETHAL force??? I'm born and raised in S. CA and I can tell you, it's families coming across, too. Can a border patrol kill a father in front of his child for trying to cross over. And I am NOT one of those bleeding hearts, I'm all for the death penalty, but damn! Lethal force? There's gotta be a better way, but no, sorry, I don't have any ideas.

3. NO Visa lines in Mexico. No ANYTHING in Mexico!!! It is corrupt and scary, ruled my the mob and crime, all the way up the ladder. Keep every single thing regarding this process inside our own country. That is my biggest advice in all of this. Please, please, know that i am right about this, if nothing else!!!!!

4. Agree with everything you said, but I have a question. What about the illegal mothers who come into the country and give birth to their child, who is now a citizen? Which, by the way, is a HUGE problem in S. CA....no answer, but something for you to think about. There needs to be some sort of solution for that heavily tax paying problem.

5. If they become criminal for the "second offense", where do they go to be punished? I don't want even more pedophiles on the street to make room for them!!!!!! What to do...what to do....some sort of community service-type thing? Hmmm.....

6. It seems like a few posters were concerned with the learning of English in so short a time, so let's spend some of the money that we're currently spending on the problem and apply it to the solution. Let's offer these classes at no cost, sort of like a teenager getting their drivers license. Lets have the immigrants take a "drivers ed" course, "drivers training" and then of course, two different tests before they can get their license??? Metaphorically speaking, because I'm referring to learning English/civic knowledge....

7. This will be the hardest to implement, IMO, and needs the most planning....too late and too tired to come up with anything good, but just wanted to point out that you haven't even come close to an idea for #7 that I could see....

I found this thread because I read something else you wrote and was impressed by that. I think you have GREAT ideas and I can see you really put some time and thought into this. Hope my ideas helped and good luck!!

By the way......
open minded skeptic said: And I think you need a #8: Come down hard and heavy on businesses that hire illegals. That is one thing that is sorely lacking now... actual enforcement of the laws we have is extremely spotty.

and I couldn't agree more!!!!!!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join