posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:41 PM
Hmmm....I like your way of thinking. If you're serious about a proposal to a congressman, etc., here's some ideas I had regarding each of your
1. Amnesty - great idea, nothing much to add. You're right, it's necessary at this point
2. I agree that we need to do something drastic on our borders, but LETHAL force??? I'm born and raised in S. CA and I can tell you, it's families
coming across, too. Can a border patrol kill a father in front of his child for trying to cross over. And I am NOT one of those bleeding hearts, I'm
all for the death penalty, but damn! Lethal force? There's gotta be a better way, but no, sorry, I don't have any ideas.
3. NO Visa lines in Mexico. No ANYTHING in Mexico!!! It is corrupt and scary, ruled my the mob and crime, all the way up the ladder. Keep every single
thing regarding this process inside our own country. That is my biggest advice in all of this. Please, please, know that i am right about this, if
4. Agree with everything you said, but I have a question. What about the illegal mothers who come into the country and give birth to their child, who
is now a citizen? Which, by the way, is a HUGE problem in S. CA....no answer, but something for you to think about. There needs to be some sort of
solution for that heavily tax paying problem.
5. If they become criminal for the "second offense", where do they go to be punished? I don't want even more pedophiles on the street to make room
for them!!!!!! What to do...what to do....some sort of community service-type thing? Hmmm.....
6. It seems like a few posters were concerned with the learning of English in so short a time, so let's spend some of the money that we're currently
spending on the problem and apply it to the solution. Let's offer these classes at no cost, sort of like a teenager getting their drivers license.
Lets have the immigrants take a "drivers ed" course, "drivers training" and then of course, two different tests before they can get their
license??? Metaphorically speaking, because I'm referring to learning English/civic knowledge....
7. This will be the hardest to implement, IMO, and needs the most planning....too late and too tired to come up with anything good, but just wanted to
point out that you haven't even come close to an idea for #7 that I could see....
I found this thread because I read something else you wrote and was impressed by that. I think you have GREAT ideas and I can see you really put some
time and thought into this. Hope my ideas helped and good luck!!
By the way......
open minded skeptic said: And I think you need a #8: Come down hard and heavy on businesses that hire illegals. That is one thing that is sorely
lacking now... actual enforcement of the laws we have is extremely spotty.
and I couldn't agree more!!!!!!