It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police to get access to classified military intelligence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Police to get access to classified military intelligence

rawstory.com

In a move raising eyebrows among civil liberties advocates, the Department of Homeland Security announced Monday that it would give so-called local and state “fusion centers” access to classified military intelligence in Pentagon databases.

Fusion centers are hubs for local law enforcement, the private sector and the intelligence community, and were created in an effort to fight terrorism. There are more than seventy known centers across the United States.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.prisonplanet.com
www.informationliberation.com

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

“As fusion centers gain more and more access to Americans’ private information, the information about them being made available to the American public remains woefully inadequate,” Michael Macleod-Ball, Acting Director of the ACLU Washington Legislative Office, said in a statement. “There is a stunning lack of oversight at these fusion centers and, as we’ve seen, these centers are rapidly becoming a breeding ground for overzealous intelligence activities. Opening the door for domestic law enforcement to gain access to classified military intelligence coupled with no guidelines restricting the military’s role in fusion centers is a recipe for disaster.”

With all the corruption known in police departments, how can this possibly be a good thing? What's to stop evil foreign spies from coercing low-payed, susceptible officers into providing them with sensitive information? And it's not just the low payed ones, either!

As if foreign spies weren't already effective enough! We know this if nothing else from the recent testimony of Sibel Edmonds, which implicates many former and incumbent congressmen as having been compromised.

Opening access to classified information to local police only critically widens the bribery target list for foreign intelligence.

No no no, and no. NO!!!

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
S & F

My God....

There has to be some sort of checks and balances.
This sounds so retarded. They are doing this then telling businessmen and others visiting China to do the following.

The New Red Scare: US Government Fear of Chinese Espionage

Senior executives in US IT companies have been advised by the US Government to follow extremely strict policies for visits to China which extend far beyond standard software protection. The policies encourage them to leave their standard IT equipment at home and to buy separate gear only for use in China.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

This is not such a bad thing for the simple reason that the police force is full of holes. By that I mean, if they found something interesting, it would have a better chance of slipping out in the open.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Good point, Slayer!

I think I understated this when I said it "only widens the bribery target list."

Reality is that it will multiply it by a very large, unknown factor. Really, really stupid. The pentagon computers have already been compromised, as well as other military computers. Take the case of Gary McKinnon, for example. I mean what on earth are these people thinking?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Department of Homeland Security needs to get out of our country.

They are enemies of the constitution and do not belong in our government.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
Department of Homeland Security needs to get out of our country.

They are enemies of the constitution and do not belong in our government.

Yeah well if Obama was really about the "change" he promised, this would have been one of the departments he would have immediately abolished. We were doing just fine without them, now that we know the terror attacks had nothing to do with terrorism.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Let me get this straight. There are over seventy (70) "fusion centers", with
"a stunning lack of oversight!"

But let's give them access to sensitive military intelligence ?

( Somewhere there's a file on each one of us that will show, without a
doubt, that we could all be potential terrorists. )

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIEGE
Let me get this straight. There are over seventy (70) "fusion centers", with
"a stunning lack of oversight!"

But let's give them access to sensitive military intelligence ?

Yep. And according to Sibel Edmonds there are 535 congressmen and women with "a stunning lack of oversight" too. Well, perhaps it's not lack of oversight, per se, rather than oversight itself choosing to "look" the other way.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
This is... unbeleivable. I mean, I can't wrap my head around it.

The FBI, all branches of the military, the NSA, EVERY government institution on this country is funded by the taxpayer. Our taxes go to pay for this kind of crap? What happened to taxation without representation? If our money is going towards this should we know what the hell it's going to?

Any information held by the Gov should be known to the public. Transparency. What the frick.

top topics

join