It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hardin Jail Deal Locked in Mystery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Hardin Jail Deal Locked in Mystery

helenair.com

BILLINGS - The Two Rivers Detention Center was promoted as the largest economic development project in decades in the small town of Hardin when the jail was built two years ago. But it has been vacant ever since.

So when Hardin officials announced this week that they had signed a deal with a California company to fill the empty jail, it was naturally a cause for celebration.

But questions are emerging over the legitimacy of the company, American Police Force.

Government contract databases show no record of the company. Security industry representatives and federal officials said they
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-9-2009 by IndigoGypsy]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
(I apologize for the unorthodox "snippet." I'm still trying to get used to posting here.....)

A very bizarre circumstance. A company no one has heard of signed a deal with the City of Hardin, Montana to fill a brand new jail that has been vacant. No one knows where this company, American Police Force, is getting it's prisoners from. The company promises it is going to sink $30 million into the city with a new law enforcement training facility and by expanding the current 464 inmate capacity to 2,000! And these prisoners will come from........????

helenair.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by IndigoGypsy

Maybe they are coming from a place that rhymes with

MITMO

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by IndigoGypsy

Maybe you have inadvertently discovered where all of our 'secret' prisoners are going to be living.

This bears watching in any case. The penitentiary system in this country is two steps removed from being tantamount to an organized crime operation as it is.

Yet another American institution brought to it's knees by the paradigm of corporate 'for profit' enterprise. Rehabilitate, pay a debt to society, justice..., are any of these things part of the reality of the prison system anymore?

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Money makes the world go round. Moreso today than ever. To deny this is to deny our very reality upon this earth. Nothing moves on planet earth today with out it. But where or where are these prisoners coming from?

[edit on 16-9-2009 by dashen]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Seems we'll be doing a 180...

Criminals we convict now get a slap on the wrist (at least in my state, CA), then we'll flip-flop over to a police state where you can be held indefinitely under one of Obama's "controlled dententions." Something to look forward to..

Well, at least all of us will have some things in common to talk about while we're rotting away at "Camp Dissident."

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Maybe they'll call it camp quarantine.

free vaccines for everyone! Obama's payin'

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I think I read somewhere in the article or on the company's website that they are an offshoot of Blackwater. They must be to have $30 million lying around they can use to expand this jail.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
A google comes up with this site

American Police Force

Seems like they are more of a mercenary/private investigations/training group than a private prison company...

Expansion to a growth market? I mean there is an American terrorist born every minute according to DHS.

edit to add link to local media:

KULR8

"A company spokesman who would only identify himself as Captain Michael said they have never had experience housing prisoners and the jail was not the biggest attraction in Hardin.

"We don't really want to get into the prison business," he said. "We were actually interested more in the training center.""

[edit on 16-9-2009 by digger2381]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by digger2381
A google comes up with this site
American Police Force

Seems like they are more of a mercenary/private investigations/training group than a private prison company...

The language and the grammar on the website are not very polished. That makes a statement about the company. I'm guessing that finesse would not be a strong point.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by digger2381

Nope, you aren't gonna find "polished" in that group of brainwashed, body building puppets.

I wonder how many "experimental vaccinations" you have to submit to to be able to in order to be in the American Police Force?

All I know is it would be mighty scary to think someone would hire these guys to spy on his/her cheating spouse. The cheater probably would wind up hanging by his toenails from the Empire State Building while wearing his "birthday suit"......and the incident would be suspiciously devoid of witnesses.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Montana Attorney General Steve Bullock launched an investigation Thursday into American Police Force, the California company founded by a Serbian immigrant with a lengthy criminal history that is seeking to run an empty, 464-bed jail in Hardin.

Bullock sent a nine-page demand letter late Thursday afternoon to Becky Shay, the spokeswoman for APF and the company’s only Montana employee.

Shay did not immediately respond to phone calls Thursday.

According to the document, Bullock is launching the civil investigation into APF over concerns that the company might be violating the Montana Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Act.

Among other things, Bullock demanded that the company provide proof for many statements about the company included on APF’s Web site. The site says that the company frequently has contracts with the U.S. government and has operations in all 50 states.

Research into the company has turned up no record of APF contracting with the federal government. Bullock has requested that the company provide proof of its federal contracts and operations in other states.

Bullock also requested a copy of the contract between APF and Two Rivers Authority, the economic development arm of the city of Hardin, which built the jail two years ago.

The contract is reportedly a 10-year, multimillion-dollar deal with APF to run the jail.

Although Michael Hilton, the man behind APF, and local officials say the deal is as good as done, US Bank, the trustee for the bonds sold to build the jail, has never signed off on it.

Source

new topics

top topics

join