It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Easy stuffed peppers, delicious!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I made this for the first time last night, came out excellent. Take 1 lbs. of lean chop meat, sirloin is good. Try to get the leanest chop meat that you can find. Mix with half package of Lipton's french onion soup mix, one egg, about a half cup of bread crumbs, two tablespoons of ketchup, 3 tablespoons of water.

Mix this up and stuff into 3 large bell peppers. (Cut tops off of the peppers and remove the seeds and pulp inside). With the peppers filled just press the tops back onto the peppers, the meat filling should hold the tops in place, or use tooth picks or skewers to hold tops on. Put about a tablespoon of olive oil on a baking sheet or baking dish, lay peppers on sides and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes. Until the peppers are soft and meat looks cooked.

As an option I got some small zucchini from my garden, diced them and sauteed in a frying pan with some oil until cooked. I also added some chopped tomato to the the zucchini when the zucchini were cooked half way through, then added this to the meat filling.

But I can imagine you can add many other things to that meat filling. Some ideas I thought of but haven't tried yet are cooked and diced potatoes, cooked rice, cooked fresh carrots (or frozen/canned), raisins, squash, chopped/cooked peppers, etc.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Electro38]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
oooh! So how fast can ya get some here to Dallas! I had a nice dinner, but your recipe sounds so tasty!

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Yeppers that sounds quite yummy! I might have to try that.

Good job

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I'll probably try this, but replace the peppers with large mushrooms. I tried something like this before, worked good.
Just really don't like peppers.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Stouffers actually makes good stuffed bell peppers, if you are ever craving an instant form of them....

Not like homemade though, but the sauce is quite good actually.
Recipe' sounds great.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Oh Stuffed peppers is one of my fav foods! Im so going to try this one in the next few days, I really have a taste for them now lol,

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I love stuff peppers. all you need in one neat little package. I always serve mine with spinache. I will even pile the spinache on top of leftovers.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I also use stuffed potatoes and tomatoes. Its actually a nice Mediterranean dish.

Gemista

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Sounds great to me, will try it sometime after the holidays, I always used tomato sauce and also cooked it in the sauce, makes me want to make stuffed cabbage also which I love..

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I usually stuff mine with chilli made with minced beef, top with cheese and served with rice.

A good hot chilli though...

top topics

join