It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama postpones meeting with Dalai Lama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

don't recall where i read it initially and the closest i could get was a study by a professor at Brigham Young University. here it is, anyway

magazine.byu.edu...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
As one who is currently reading "A History of Warfare" by A Keegan, I have to say it is incorrect to say that the Buddhists brought down the empire. China has fallen numerous times to numerous different factions and for numerous different reasons.

I immediately remembered Mrs. Clinton's proclamation that we as a nation were intending to subordinate any claims of human rights issues to the 'global crisis' (i.e. the money situation).

I'm sure the Chinese want to reaffirm their expectation that we are still on the same page as they are.

The Dali Lama is certain to dwell on certain subjects which China want's 'gone.' The president, being the quintessential 'face man' of the notional sovereign state called the United States of America will be obliged to comment on the matter after wards.

If history is any lesson, we can be sure it will be along the non-informative lines of "We spoke candidly and productively" and that's all we will be told of it.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
the nian rebellion is what it is called but i remember reading that they were not just an armed force with weapons but had become roaming gangs of martial artists. this doesn't say that though. it just references weapons
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
China is actually fearing an uprising in several parts of its nation at the moment.

We need to remember that China is not built like the United States or Britain. Most of the news we get out of China is OK'd by Chinese authorities.

Some sources are wont to say that Tibet has nearly reached a boiling point, as well as some of the Western provinces. Drought, as well as crime and a large vagrant population are leading China into a dismal economic time. The current power structure, which has been rigid for the past 25 years, needs to become very dynamic, very quickly, to deal with (1) unemployment and (2) very real civil unrest.

The United States gov't understands this and would not benefit from a revolt within China. Therefore,the postponement is a sign of good faith negotiation between America and China.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by SLAYER69

don't recall where i read it initially and the closest i could get was a study by a professor at Brigham Young University. here it is, anyway

magazine.byu.edu...

TY undo.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

"We spoke candidly and productively"

AH yes, one of these day all things hidden will be revealed.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Japan has fought China 4 times in the past and every time they fought they produced one or more significant changes. One of those wars got rid of the Qing dynasty. Is there a weakness regarding China that only Japan is aware of??? Makes one wonder...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Iago18

That's very interesting...

I wonder if this has anything to do with the uprising in their western territory which is also in their path for a proposed pipe line from central Asian oil. Also we have the recent border shoot out with India. Chinese False flags to hide the internal unrest?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join