It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal experts feel alienated by Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Paranormal experts feel alienated by Obama

sfreporter.com

Change may be harder to believe in than extraterrestrial life—at least when it comes to releasing classified records, according to UFOlogists in attendance at Angel Fire’s first Paranormal Symposium.

“The only ‘change’ is the change of opinion among UFOlogists who think that we’re going to get something from Obama,” Dee Gragg, who teaches adult education courses on UFOs at New Mexico State University, says.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Well as sad as it is we are looking at another 4 years without disclosure. I know Obama has a lot to deal with right now but disclosure is a pretty quick thing, it comes down to yes or no. If all UFOs are hoaxes and swamp gas why keep it a secret? All the disclosure movement wants is to be able to read what the government has on file about UFOs that is it. It would not cost anything as a matter of fact it may even save some money because they would not have to pay anyone to check and see if the requested UFO document was classified and they would not have to pay anyone to go over 90% of the documents with a black sharpie.

sfreporter.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
In the name of full disclosure, I purely starred and flagged this because NMSU was my alma matter and it was nice to see them referenced in a news article in regards to something other than an athletic department scandal, astronomy discovery, or new chile pepper hybridization breakthrough.

I am a believer in extraterrestrial life and UFOs, however I didn't believe Obama was going to bring about any of his promised changes to government in any positive manner, so why would I have believed he would positively change issues like disclosure, which he never discussed during his campaign?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The President has no access to information on UFOs. He is nothing but a figure head. Obama is a temp, the real people in power are the lifers behind the scenes. Presidents come and go, the real people in power have been around for decades. Don't hold your breath waiting for disclosure to come from the US government.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

Yeam im not sure about that. Just something i noticed all dem presidents are figure heads and when we get a republican president he is a cruel dictator. One side want to take your rights and the other one wants your guns, blah blah blah.
I do think that there are people behind the scenes, but if the president said he would give us disclosure there would be a push to give us something. You can't keep people believing that the president has power if you do not let it look like he has some.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Every time there is a changing of the guard at the White house we seem to think that Disclosure is just around the corner.

Why is that?...

Obama walked into the oval office and sat behind the BIG desk on his first day. There was a large group of men who walked in, the doors closed behind them and there was Disclosure on just about everything we the public don't know. On everything from the war to Aliens. Their stances change drastically from the campaign trail.

This happens each and every time. I'm not surprised nor upset anymore. It's just they way it is.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I know what you mean.
I was always thinking that one reason we do not have disclosure is that the government is not willing to say they do not know much. So far when it comes to legit released documents all i have seen are sighting reports from military personel, nothing more. If i wanted to see that i could stay here on ATS all the time or go to mufon if i just want stories. But to keep it a secret is kinda like saying i have 4 aces at a poker game, maybe i do maybe i don't. But everyone else is thinking i might have something even if i don't.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Lemme flesh that out a tad more. There will be NO disclosure from the gov't. Aside from maybe an obscure report about a craft spotted that can't be explained. Nothing. Why? you ask. Simple. After Bush 41's presidiency all known paper trails, files and etc. were destroyed or transfered to private companies within the MIC. As such they are not subject to FOIA and they are the ones handling any and all research and technology on this topic. Outside of some president saying to the public he believes in UFO's your last hope , Cheney was the last insider to hold that highof a public office. And yes democratic presidents are especially held at arms lenght by the MIC becasue of thier repeated attempts of dismantling top secret military and intelligence projects. The democratic party has essentially secured thier fate in regards to this subject. Thus the decision was made to remove this kind of info and research from the political aspirations of the gov't. While military oversight is still maintained, it disavowable and alot of times funded under the guise of three or four other projects that eventually don't go any where and on patents for technologies. Sorry guys I have been saying this for a long time the U.S. will never give it up, ever.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by zaiger

Every time there is a changing of the guard at the White house we seem to think that Disclosure is just around the corner.

Why is that?...

Obama walked into the oval office and sat behind the BIG desk on his first day. There was a large group of men who walked in, the doors closed behind them and there was Disclosure on just about everything we the public don't know. On everything from the war to Aliens. Their stances change drastically from the campaign trail.

This happens each and every time. I'm not surprised nor upset anymore. It's just they way it is.

I agree. You can see it in the Presidents face after that first meeting when he finds out what is really going on and who is really in control of things. Its almost as if they age 10 years overnight.

[edit on 9/16/2009 by Erasurehead]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

That should be another thread. Why presidents age 100x faster than normal people.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
First, I had to laugh at the OP heading. Paranormal experts is an oxymoron.

Second, we probably have enough disclosure. What do we want more disclosure for? Look around. You have the Disclosure Project, with plenty of government officials telling you about the ufos. Second, you have the governments of foreign countries telling you about ufos.

How much do you need? Isn't it convincing enough that the ufos are real? Heck, you have at least one POTUS saying he saw one.

Just enjoy the ride. Let the government play with the data and make spaceships, or whatever. We all know they exist, and that we probably are making ufos from back engineering.

Government is protective of top secret information, no matter who or what agency demands it.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger

Yeam im not sure about that. Just something i noticed all dem presidents are figure heads and when we get a republican president he is a cruel dictator. One side want to take your rights and the other one wants your guns, blah blah blah.
I do think that there are people behind the scenes, but if the president said he would give us disclosure there would be a push to give us something. You can't keep people believing that the president has power if you do not let it look like he has some.

If you arent so sure about that, you ought to look beyond the surface. Take a look at our last 5 presidential cabinets, advisors, and congressmen. Take a look at their schools that they went to, their group affiliations, and their mentors. Look how often they cross paths. Look how many serve under both dems and repubs. Looks how many serve under multiple presidents in general.

Seeing the connections yet?

Also, I never heard him promise disclosure.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Well people like myself have tried to distance themselves from the disclosure project. I do not like it for one reason Steven Greer, for a small fee you can go with him to astral mind channel communicate with aliens (im not kidding).

reply to post by captaintyinknots

You can play the connection game with comic book characters too. It does not prove conspiracy.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
reply to post by Jim Scott

Well people like myself have tried to distance themselves from the disclosure project. I do not like it for one reason Steven Greer, for a small fee you can go with him to astral mind channel communicate with aliens (im not kidding).

reply to post by captaintyinknots

You can play the connection game with comic book characters too. It does not prove conspiracy.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by zaiger]

That's fine sonny. You can choose not to look at the facts. The rest of us will.

If things stay the same, and the only change is in the presidency, what does that tell you?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
reply to post by zaiger

Lemme flesh that out a tad more. There will be NO disclosure from the gov't. Aside from maybe an obscure report about a craft spotted that can't be explained. Nothing. Why? you ask. Simple. After Bush 41's presidiency all known paper trails, files and etc. were destroyed or transfered to private companies within the MIC. As such they are not subject to FOIA and they are the ones handling any and all research and technology on this topic. Outside of some president saying to the public he believes in UFO's your last hope , Cheney was the last insider to hold that highof a public office. And yes democratic presidents are especially held at arms lenght by the MIC becasue of thier repeated attempts of dismantling top secret military and intelligence projects. The democratic party has essentially secured thier fate in regards to this subject. Thus the decision was made to remove this kind of info and research from the political aspirations of the gov't. While military oversight is still maintained, it disavowable and alot of times funded under the guise of three or four other projects that eventually don't go any where and on patents for technologies. Sorry guys I have been saying this for a long time the U.S. will never give it up, ever.

Nice theory, but do you have any proof of this? Seems plausible 'tho..

It really bothers me that people like Chaney would be taking care of business like this - that our contact with the ETI would be up to people like him.

Disturbing, really.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
+Thier will never be full disclosure, as of yet..not until the turth of aliens and UFO's amongst us, are slwoly incorporated into our daily lives..which may take generations to acomplish! WHy? economic social disorder is what thy fear, would be the outcome. Religion has always taught us, theirs is a god in heaven, lokos just like a human man* no bible or religion in this world, talks of alines, pther planets, UFO's and flying machines.
It is becuase of religion, being the panicy warlike creatures we are, IF one day, the truth came out, ti would mean thir is NO hope or life after death, thier is no god or jesus christ waiting in heaven..peoples fears woud msot likely get the best of them at that point,a nd wnat to live life to their fullest...having the meaning of looting, raping, not carring anymore, orgys, murder, ect ect, because it was relgion* that taught us more or less, this behavior was unnaceptable* aat least thats my view of it.
Otherwise, why wouold the turth be being with held form us?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Pardon me but at what point are you people going to free your own minds to accept things without needing them to be officially accepted? At what point are you going to be the change you want to see? You're just making excuses for your withered testicles (so to speak).

Who decides what you believe? Who authorizes your knowledge? You bitch and moan about politicians but you defer validation of every single aspect of your life to them.

So what matters now? Did your eyes open just a bit?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

You're just making excuses for your withered testicles (so to speak).

What?????

top topics

join