It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry Depositor Raises Stink After Bank Freezes His Account

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Linky-Poo

This will probably get moved to BTS as soon as a mod sees it, but I just had to put this up on ATS. It's too rich a story, or maybe I should use the word foul LOL!?!?!

Shortly after arriving in San Diego, on vacation, with his boat and his girlfriend and expectations of a good time, Bank of America put a freeze on his account. The $9,000 he deposited the week before? Inaccessible, a customer service representative told him. He found himself stranded in another state with no money. "I had to beg, borrow and steal to get home," he says. But get back to his Henderson home he did, and he quickly started plotting how to "get them," as he says.

So, what did he do? Oh my, this guy is way cool, read on...

So he had a friend stop by a local Wal-Mart and pick up a package of them for him. The 10 gray fish come frozen, in a loose-fitting plastic bag about the size of a sandwich bag. And they smell. Bad. But the fish weren't enough. He then proceeded to urinate into an empty plastic bottle.

He went into a private room, unzipped the bank bag, placed the anchovies in the box, and removed the cap on the bottle before placing it in the box.

It just doesn't get much better than this. Close the bank down, the cops had to bring in the big guns for fear of a chemical attack, the whole shebang.

Enjoy it for as long as it's up. I wish more people would do things like this. TO hell with the banks and their foul practices, about time they got a little payback. It won't change anything but this guy surely made his point.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

The guy sounds like a nutcase. And just where does an unemployed person suddenly find $9,000 long after any redundancy payments would have been made?

No wonder the account was frozen, looks highly suspicious.

If he's done nothing wrong then we can all understand his frustration but his behaviour is appalling. He should be charged with whatever they can throw at him.

link   

Guess this is one more name going on the terrorist watch list. This guy had guts to do what most folks wish they they had the nerve to do.

link   

Ya gotta read the fine print.

Then ya gotta realize there is no way to get back at them without it costing you more and / or confinement.

The guy had no other recourse.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut

Then ya gotta realize there is no way to get back at them without it costing you more and / or confinement.

So you think childish and vindictive behaviour is acceptable?

Oh what low standards some people have in here.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by phoenix103

Childish and vindictive at least keeps people alive, the could have just as easily flipped out and hurt or killed people, but instead he opted for something that doesn't leave a trail of dead bodies and blood.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helig

Childish and vindictive at least keeps people alive, the could have just as easily flipped out and hurt or killed people, but instead he opted for something that doesn't leave a trail of dead bodies and blood.

Ahh, so its ok because he didn't go on a bloodthirsty shooting spree?!

You're serious, aren't you?!

Honestly, by that yardstick most of us are saints.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Well it sure does beat him decided to start shooting innocent bank employees in the face because hes in a white hot rage about being denied access to his money and left stranded because of the bank. I mean he could have sued the bank but oh wait, we all know that wouldn't have went anywhere. Seriously what else is left to do besides those two options? I guess he should have just rolled over on his stomach and took it laying down as all the others before him have?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helig

Well it sure does beat him decided to start shooting innocent bank employees in the face because hes in a white hot rage about being denied access to his money and left stranded because of the bank. I mean he could have sued the bank but oh wait, we all know that wouldn't have went anywhere. Seriously what else is left to do besides those two options? I guess he should have just rolled over on his stomach and took it laying down as all the others before him have?

How do ANY of us even know the bank was in the wrong? You have no idea they did anything they shouldn't have.

Do people in your country really think that one of the first responses to something like this may be start unloading rounds of ammunition into innocent people trying to earn a living and provide for their families?

Tell you what, i've been to the states and no, it isn't.

So it concerns me that seems to be the prevailing thought on ATS. I know conspiracy theory stuff attracts those outside the norms of society but this justification is sick!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix103

Personally Yes...

It's good to feel childish sometimes... good for the soul.

What would you have done may i ask?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix103

Originally posted by Hazelnut

Responding to my post by inserting your words with your predjudice is mature and benevolent then? Thanks for the ejucayshin.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
If we Americans would have the cojones of this man we will not be in the mess our nation is in right now, but most of us are nothing but computer posting complainers waiting for the government to fix itself.

Way to go Angry depositor.
When Rham Emanuel did this to his enemies and send them rotten fish nobody complain about it, because only those on the higher up classes in the nation have the right to be childish and irresponsible, alas a regular citizens does it and he is tag a terrorist.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

How do ANY of us even know the bank was in the wrong? You have no idea they did anything they shouldn't have.

It's B of A. Need I say more? Have you not seen what has happened, just over the last year? This is not taking into account everything the International Banking Cartel has done before that- creating wars for their benefit, screwing around with the economy, creating the illegal Fed - remember Bernanke has threatened to crash the U.S. economy if the illegal Fed is audited. That is domestic terrorism but those buttheads get away with it? Hundreds of years the IBC has screwed us and you want to whine about a guy who does something like this - when they screwed him out of his own money?

Crikey, dude, have you not been paying attention to what is really going on?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony
"I had to beg, borrow and steal to get home," he says.

I wonder, Did he really steal to get home or is that just a figure of speech? Hopefully he was kidding.

Just my 2-cents

Oh, and what he did was childish...but his anger is understandable. As others have already stated, I'm sure the bank had a perfectly legitimate reason to freeze his account, otherwise, they could get their arses sued.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

I'll tell what I would have done. I would have called the police, filed a report and if that didn't work, then I would hire an attorney and/or the ACLU (if they handle these types of things).

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
his behavior is appalling as someone said??

no not a chance in hell

see with situations like this, they must be looked at with perspective

considering what bank of america has done to many people, this is a lot less then they deserve

however banks should realize this is going to happen

the more and more they screw people, the more upset the people are going to get

they are lucky all that happened was some dead fish and urine

it very easily couldve been a chemical attack, or any form of violent protest

the country is a powder keg at the moment and any spark can set it off

the banks are playing games with many of the citizens money and they are screwing a lot of those people over

right now we are supposedly in the worst depression since the 30's

as the days go on, the 30s look more and more familiar

if enough people get screwed, eventually the wrong person will be, and lives will be lost, all over illegal patriot acts, tyranny, and economic corruption, all in a "free country" with liberty justice and the pursuit of happiness

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

I'll tell what I would have done. I would have called the police, filed a report and if that didn't work, then I would hire an attorney and/or the ACLU (if they handle these types of things).

Hiring an attorney costs money, calling the police runs the chance of them not giving a damn....

Childish revenge costs nothing....

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I'd have welded the night deposit boxes shut and then use insulating expandable foam on the ATM and super glued all the locks I could find! I think the fish and urine might be ok but maybe a bit over the top!!!

Zindo
edit to note, From now on any bank is fair game for any pranks they happen to have played on them. They are all crooks and thieves and those that work for them are conspirators!

[edit on 9/16/2009 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Hiring an attorney costs money, calling the police runs the chance of them not giving a damn....

Childish revenge costs nothing....

An attorney might just take the case pro bono. I'm sure there are attorneys that have been slighted by the banking system that would love to take on BoA.

Of course police don't give a damn, but a report would be on record as a legitimate attempt to get his money.

Childish revenge has a cost...dignity!

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
You ain't seen nothin' yet. Wait until the foreclosures start mounting, growing and growing. And wait until the commercial real estate market blows up...it's right around the corner. And wait until foreign countries won't buy our debt anymore, and our paper currency becomes heavily devalued or even worthless. Banks will be the focus of the blame. Dangerous places indeed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join