It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian Army On 'Operation Alert' Along China Border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Indian Army On 'Operation Alert' Along China Border

timesofindia.indiatimes.c om

NEW DELHI: The Indian army has mobilised its troops to forwards posts in Jammu and Kashmir and along the northeastern border with China in an
exercise named Operation Alert, a defence official said on Wednesday.

"About 50% troops on the Line of Actual Control have been mobilised to forward posts. The mobilisation would last for nearly a month," a senior Indian army official said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
n the past months, there have been several reports of Chinese troops intruding into Indian territory in the Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir creating anxiety about Beijing's aggressive designs.

The Indian government has, however, sought to play down the incursions, saying these are routine incidents that occur due to differences in perception about the Line of Actual Control.

timesofindia.indiatimes.c om
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Both countries have nukes, this should work out great!

plucky

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
GOOD IDEA FOR DEPOPULATION

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This is from a post I replied to yesterday on this topic...
China and India tension: NSA summons meeting

We have two of the largest populations right next door to each other and they are both growing rapidly economically speaking with China taking the lead. Both are nuclear armed and the potential here is very serious.

Both have been making moves into Central Asia. The next great natural resource region to be exploited. Also India has a little known terrorist group operating in the border region. China and India have been nice with each other on the surface. While in reality they are like two overweight passengers confined to adjacent airline seats elbowing each other for the arm rest.

China has the upper hand...
They have been building up their infrastructure. This means massive highway programs.
[Based on the US model]
They would be able to ship man and material rapidly towards the region.

A conflict in the region in question would be an infantry ground force and airlift/helicopter war. Tanks would find it very difficult to fight in that region. It's very mountainous and rugged terrain.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
also to add to the thread this:

BEIJING: Chinese investors should employ more Indians to run their projects in India instead of carrying large number of workers from China. This is New Delhi’s latest response to complaints concerning India’s reluctance to grant enough visas for Chinese workers.

economictimes.indiatimes.com...

There's definately some very strong tensions going on here.

I'm sure India has it's suspicions of China sending maoists to India.

I do NOT hope of any war or conflict between the two.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I hope this doesn't escalate, but it concerns me, because I can think of no better way to fix the economic troubles in the West!

If these two powerhouses beat on each other awhile, and Russia changes its stance to support the US/UN resolutions in Iran, then we are back on top of the world!!

I hope it doesn't go down like that, but it sure seems convenient.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It an exercise folks. It's not real.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
So, we have this, terror investigations in NYC and CO, an ailing economy, a suspected attack on Iran from Israel and Obama is stumping for healthcare. Hmm. He is just pretending that nothing is happening.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
If India gets hit what happens to all our technical support? No more, "hello, my name is Michael. How can I be of assistance?".
i will really miss him.
seriously sounds very bad. I don't know wenough about politics
in that area of the world but as long as we stay out of it it might
be okay(for us anyway).

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
If India gets hit what happens to all our technical support? No more, "hello, my name is Michael. How can I be of assistance?".
i will really miss him.
seriously sounds very bad. I don't know wenough about politics
in that area of the world but as long as we stay out of it it might
be okay(for us anyway).

I would say your attempt to humour misreably fails and reeks of stupidity.
First of all learn about what you are speaking. No country can go for first strike of nuke as both have alternative sources of nuclear launchpads. India's stand nuclear policy is NO First Strike, which means it has capability to take the first nuke hit and respond to it. Both countries also have nuclear armed subs.

The most that will happen is high terrain war with helicopters, infantry etc. I wont say China has upper hand on it because although China has a hghway and superior infrastructure in place at high altitudes, India has experience from previous wars in high altitude for eg. Kargil War. It will be a war of experience and tech. and no sides will backdown. Although India does wantto avoid any war or tensions but when shove comes to push it will do what is required.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Hi I was just reading your thread when I thought hey maybe my input would be useful here. I would in the merchant navy under indian managed ships and mainly indian crew (as in I'm the only brit there). I have also been to china many a time.
I can ensure you all that will not be any form of war because the populations of both countries actually get on well with each other as I have seen first hand. The issue is that india and china are the next world powers. (sorry fellas the US falling behind along with the rest of us) But if they were to have a war then really they lose everything they have gained. So really they are having a cold war like the US and Russia with nepal and tibet. For example recently in Nepal which is normally very Indain friendly, a new land container termainal has opened up to give trade between china and nepal.
There'll be loads of stuff like this happening and eventually a new superpower will rise or we'll all drown (global warming, massive issue).

new topics

top topics

join