It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could an Advanced UAV equipped with VTOL capabilities masquerade as a UFO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Dear All,

If we on this board were to assume that First World Military Technology and Capability, as per the following well known adage, is some 50 years ahead of commercial technology (or for the sake of reasoned reason as opposed to speculation, 10 years ahead) is true......

Then given the following:

1) Current prolific use of UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles for both surveillance and offence and defense capabilities)

2) Current use of VTOL capabilities (Vertical Take Off and Landing and Hovering ability as per F35)

- That it is in fact more than conceivable that a military organization somewhere in a First World country has built or is building an "Advanced UAV with VTOL" capabilities or similar?

- That this vehicle could or is being used to masquerade as a UFO? (for whatever reason)

- That genuine classified military vehicles such as this type of Advanced UAV could exist and be mistaken for a UFO (whether this was the intended purpose or not?)

- Given that one of the common reasons stated that human beings "cannot" readily fly a UFO is due to the forces such as the rapid acceleration, change in direction and G-Forces alleged to be characteristics of many UFO types - would a VTOL equipped UAV not overcome such issues?

I have had my own personal experiences on many occasion and do not need convincing of intelligent life on other planets or in other non-physical dimensions, but nevertheless I am on the lookout for a "false flag" ET invasion be it physical or holographic or otherwise in next 10-15 years.

Frankly I don’t doubt there is a VTOL capable UAV right now that could conceivably pass as a UFO - given that both UAV and VTOL tech (in whatever shape or size be it triangular, disk, cigar or otherwise) already exists and is being used by First World Military.

Look forward to informed feedback.

Thanks

Bravo

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Ever heard how loud a Harrier is? No way in hell could a VTOL masquerade as a UFO. Why not use a genuine saucer? Military Technology needn't be limited to fuel burning craft.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by thaknobodi]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bravo111

Could an Advanced UAV equipped with VTOL capabilities masquerade as a UFO?

masquerade?
No..

Mistaken maybe. There is no doubt in my mind that new high tech test vehicles and yet to be identified operational top secret military crafts have been mistaken as alien Crafts. I would us the phrase UFO but...

UFO means just that "Unidentified Flying Object" which for some reason people automatically think Alien Craft. It's simply Unidentified .

Are there aliens?
I'd say yes.

Have some people seen their crafts?
I'd say yes.

Have some people seen unidentified Top Secret crafts?
I'd say yes.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bravo111
- That this vehicle could or is being used to masquerade as a UFO? (for whatever reason)

No, as has been stated above, these engines are extremely loud. UFO reports almost always state 'no noise'.

Originally posted by Bravo111
- Given that one of the common reasons stated that human beings "cannot" readily fly a UFO is due to the forces such as the rapid acceleration, change in direction and G-Forces alleged to be characteristics of many UFO types - would a VTOL equipped UAV not overcome such issues?

It's not just about what humans could withstand, but also about what our technology is capable of. With current technology it is not possible to pull a perfect 90 degree or more turn due to inertia, yet a lot of reports claim they saw something do exactly that.

Everything Slayer said above I agree with completely.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Clickfoot]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Thanks for the responses.

Just for clarity i did say in my original post that this would be an "advanced form of UAV or VTOL capability" - by this I mean we would likely have to rule out that it was as loud as a "Harrier Jump Jet".

I also stated the known adage that " military tech is somewhere near 10-50 years ahead of known commercial technology" - as such we could not base such a response on known tech today as you stated, such as the noise a Harrier Jump Jet makes.

Is therefore your premise for saying that an advanced UAV with advanced VTOL capability is NOT possible or not able to pass as a UFO your basis for saying that such an advanced craft could not exist in todays world?

What with fly by wire technology and so on equipped on todays advanced "generation 5" aircraft already allow for very advanced manouvering (via VTOL tech and similar) than was even possible in a mach 1+ aircraft 30 years ago.

What manouvers could be accomplished in an unmanned vehicle with VTOL that are not possible in a manned VTOL equipped aircraft?

Sorry, but your reasoning doesnt add up to me - not that it ever had to - I am just looking for answers and rational, and dont see anything that comes near as yet on this thread - hope you understand the reason why as I am not seeking to be vitriolic or disengenious.

Thanks

Bravo

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
While I suppose it's possible, and I applaud your thought process, I have an issue with this line of reasoning...

Sure, top secret craft may account for many sightings, but the truly anomalous sightings are the ones we tend to focus on here. These are the cases where Human technology can pretty much be ruled out, when examining the performance characteristics of the observed craft.

For example, in the Battle of Los Angeles, the object was tracked on Radar going faster than any human made plane could move, then the object came to almost a complete stop, hovering over Culver City, to then drift slowly off out to see over Long Beach/Signal Hill.

Even today, human technology has yet to demonstrate a craft that can do all of this, and survive a severe AA bombardment from multiple batteries...

In this particular case, the US was involved in WW2 at the time, and surely all aircraft (even top secret craft) would have necessarily been employed to win that war.

Often with Wars on Earth, humans get a glimpse into the 'cutting edge technology' of the era, since during war, we pull no punches...

Clearly, in a case like this, any human party with a craft like that would have been in a position to easily win the War, yet no country used such a craft...

In our modern Wars, and our modern observances of UFOs, we find paralels. For example, UFOs have demonstrated the ability to hover unchallenged over US Missile sites, and to de-activate armed nuclear warheads/launch systems.

If the US had a UAV with this technology, why wouldn't we have already used it in North Korea, Iran, Iraq, etc. It makes sense to turn off the bomb yourself, as opposed to negotiating with the bomb-holder...

Likewise, (since such technology would make nuclear war nearly impossible) if another country had access to such a UAV, the United States would likely not have any active missile sites at present, and the nuclear deterrent would cease to be...

So while I do applaud your thought process, and your idea, I doubt very much that such technology exists today, or is in active service, due to the current world political climate.

I could well be wrong though!

-WFA

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Despite the claims of advanced atmospheric propulsion by some, and some moderately effective SMALL scale lab tests of various ideas, we really don't have anything more advanced than tradition propulsion methods. Unless it's dirigibles, it is going to be loud.

Sure, we have some neat engines on the market, and some REALLY neat engines on the horizon, but they still work the old fashioned way.....by throwing stuff out the back end at high velocities.

There is also some methods that rely on external combustion in the works, however they still work on basic pressure differential rules, and are far from quiet.

From a distance, any aircraft can be mistaken by some as a UFO....just look at all the youtube vids, lol.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Just my two cents. (& thats all it's probably worth... ok not even...)

For sure. Absolutely. I believe an advanced UAV could masquerade as a UFO. To be honest, I probably wouldn't be able to identify a obsolete UAV...

Lets face it, some people see a light in the sky and think its a UFO...

You might not be able to fool all of the people all of the time, but I bet you could fool some of the people some of the time...

I'm not sure if its a fake commercial. But there is a dog sleeping on a porch (maybe it deaf), but you see a helicopter coming down in the background...

I think it was a 3M technology or something similar commercial.

But the jest was, that the helicopter was so silent, that not even the dog reacted to it.

So, I don't know how they do it. Tilted blades or whatever. But for sure I believe the govt could miniaturize this tech and use it w/ their UAV's.

Would they be able to mimick everything a alien space craft does? I dunno, probably not I'd guess. But, they could probably pull off enough stuff to make people scratch their heads for awhile...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Despite the claims of advanced atmospheric propulsion by some, and some moderately effective SMALL scale lab tests of various ideas, we really don't have anything more advanced than tradition propulsion methods. Unless it's dirigibles, it is going to be loud.

We don't know that.

Many insiders have claimed there are UAVs with exotic field propulsion.

There was talk of promising anti-gravity breakthoughs inside of professional trade publications in the late 1950s, major aersospace corporations were investing in the research, and then deafening silence.

I believe this technology went deep black. I agree with the OP. I think there are human made devices that could pass as "UFOs". Ben Rich said he believed in both man-made and ET UFOs.

The thing is, I don't think classified earthly UFOs would operate in the same areas as some purported UFOs, like the one spotted over O'Hare.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
There are already unmanned observation platforms being used by law enforcement in Europe that have VTOL capabilities. I didn't call them UAVs because off the top of my head, I don't recall whether they require a remote human operator.

They're very saucer-like in appearance, and they use the same principal as any rotorcraft or helicopter to take off and fly. The rotors are inside their round fuselages, so they could almost be thought of as ducted fans.

Here's another type of VTOL UAV that's available to the general public and surprisingly inexpensive:

Draganfly

So you see, a UAV with VTOL capabilities is not the exclusive province of black budget military projects. Anybody with a full time job can afford to own and operate one if they're sufficiently motivated.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by flightsuit

Great find - especially this video: www.draganfly.com...

Could well imagine something like this craft encapsulated in a disk/shell.

Not VTOL as per F35 where exhaust delivers the VTOL capability as opposed to rotors generating lift.

Thanks

Bravo

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Bravo111

Actually, it's not fair to dismiss jet propulsion (actually I think the most advanced aircraft are far away from that by now) as a propulsion for a disk UAV VTOL.

The F-117 had silencers on its engines, and you couldn't hear him unless he was in low altittude.

If that is present in one craft that is off duty now, I guess its possible that technology of senses-stealth (vision/audition) has advanced by far in that matter.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Nick Pope, a respected former UFO analyst for the Ministry of Defence, examined the remarkable footage.

He hinted that whatever ripped through the cloud was not man made.

He said: "One theory is that it's a secret American drone. At any time there are prototype aircraft and drones being operated that won't be shown in public for years.

"Stealth aircraft flew for many years before their existence was acknowledged.

www.thesun.co.uk...

Thks

Bravo

top topics

join