It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Launches Flu Shot Tracking! *Tracking Bracelet*

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
And, stay far, far away from the highways!!

*No, that's not funny, but I couldn't help myself*

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

You made me laugh....seriously...and think of the black market on the medical transmitting of records also...talk about a whole new world of crime!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

You know what else...look here:

Using NFC-enabled Mobile Phones for Public
Health in Developing Countries
Adam Marcus, Guido Davidzony, Denise Law, Namrata Verma, Rich Fletcher, Aamir Khanz, Luis Sarmenta
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, USA,
Massachusetts General Hospital Laboratory of Computer Science, Boston, MA, USA,

web.media.mit.edu...

Looks like Massachusetts is leading the nation with this RFID and cell phone technology integration.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
so it begins. give'em hell

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I live in Massachusetts. I have not read this whole thread as it is a bit long and I have to go soon, but I will tell you this:

This state is extremely corrupt, just like every other state. The MA Government is extremely sketchy - if you'd like to prove otherwise, let me know.
I, for one, will not let THEM tell ME what I should or shouldn't be doing. This state is starting to take the ball and go out-of-bounds with it.

That being said, do not be surprised that MA is the first (hell, one of the first - that we know of) that is doing this. Two of our primary focuses are technology and healthcare due to the numerous colleges in and around Boston (MIT, Harvard, BU, etc.). Ever since I've been hearing about this Swine Flu CRAP, I knew this state was going to be one of the leaders in this nonsense.

I will not stand down and be oppressed by a corrupt, stingy, lying government. If this stuff starts to affect anyone I know or myself included, I have no choice but to protest this, among other things going on in this state. And there's no doubt in my mind that it will.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by musj13]

[edit on 16-9-2009 by musj13]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

ICT4D

ICT4D was listed at the begining of that video I posted and is research group tied to Royal Holloway, University of London and they call this research group "The Collective". Makes you really want to givethem your private information doesn't it. Sounds like the Borg's are coming after us.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nocensorshipplease
That is just BS! Why aren't lawmakers standing up for their citizens in that state? Why aren't the people of that state rioting? Why is this not on national news? The USA is going to hell in a hand basket.

I had a whole bunch of trite responses about safety and comfort and spoonfed news, but I'm too depressed now.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
If MA is doing this I have little doubt that NY will follow along and I guess I will be in jail along with my doctor. I spoke to her this morning on a different matter and this all came up again. Having pretty nasty asthma she wants me to get a regular flu shot, but still insists that she does not want me or any of her patients to get this because according to her, we still don't know it is safe. Do I have to tell you how grateful I am to have a doctor that doesn't follow along bleating...take the shot, take the shot baaa

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Well what I thought when I saw this I cannot post due to t&cs but WTF! This is not good in anyway. I swear this stuff will never change as long as people are stupid enough and are willing to be TAGGED! Sadly to say I know people who would line up for one of these without even a second thought. I myself no way! This flu crap has gotten out of control. I really think its all being blown way out of proportion to distract us from something bigger...That is just my gut feeling...I will ask my friend who has family in Boston what they think of this. She will be seeing them this week... People need to really wake up and look into things instead of just going along with what the TV tells them! Its a lie!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Ok, I will only post one paragraph of this site-but it may not even apply. All I know is it is really creeping me out. It mentions my "area" many times in this long detailed page on all kinds of chips and usages. Yes, human, too. Probably old news to some of you:

The Rosum RTMM is a chipset which can be integrated into the user device to be located or tracked. The RTMM contains a TV tuner module, a digital signal processing module, and other supporting glue logic and memory.

And according to these examples, the technology really works.

Rosum’s vice president of engineering, Greg Flammel, says tests of the technology show it can track someone in the basement floor of the San Francisco Public Library. It also found a person in the heart of San Francisco’s financial district.

So a question remains. If the technology works so well, can it be used by anyone to look after any other person?

Kurt Opsahl, staff attorney at the Electronic Frontier Foundation in San Francisco, said Rosum apparently will operate a location server that will be able to record the movement history of any device being tracked. If the Rosum technology eventually is built into cell phones or other popular gadgets, the government could subpoena Rosum’s customers to track anyone’s movements.

“This is another step toward a surveillance society,” said Opsahl. “They could get your traffic patterns. This is fairly sensitive information.”

Right now, if you want to spy on a specific person without his approval, you need to obtain a court order. So we might be safe from this intrusion for a while…

Sources: Dean Takahashi, Mercury News, May 9, 2005; and various websites

Related stories can be found in the following categories.

Military Applications

Networking

Privacy

Security

Wireless

Sharing Medical Data to Save Lives

www.primidi.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Might be worth looking at how to break the RFID/Bracelet system. Make so it doesn't work. Dare I say sabotage. How is the information transmitted, can that be disrupted, as has been mentioned how easy is it to clone a bracelet.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
wow, pretty much backs up what this guy is saying

sorry if thats been mentioned

#### just got real!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
They can take their tracking bracelet and shove it, literally. It's nothing to do with "medical information storage" what a load of bull. I'll take my chances with the virus.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by musj13

Interesting what you have to say about Massachusetts, I agree with you. Thanks for posting...

The leglislation they have enencted is outrageous!

I wish them the best of bad luck when it comes to all thier efforts...
And may they dream of a jack boot stomping down on thier face...

Boston NPR write up defends this tyranny...

Critics Rage as State Prepares for Flu Pandemic

Although Massachusetts, and other state governments, has the authority to require us to be vaccinated, no one has proposed that vaccination for any flu be mandatory. Certainly, there is no H1N1 vaccine currently approved for use, but even when a vaccine becomes available no one is planning to require that we all get vaccinated. Nevertheless, under existing law – upheld as constitutional by the U.S. Supreme Court in the landmark case of Jacobson v. Massachusetts [197 U.S. 11 (1905), mandatory vaccination is deemed “a legitimate exercise of the state’s police power to protect the public health and safety of its citizens.” The state has the authority to vaccinate, but has stated that it will not mandate such action in the case of H1N1.
commonhealth.wbur.org...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dallas18

So actually they are saying "pick one" homicide, or suicide

they will let us choose......imo don't like either option!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I tried to find them..."The Collective" Sounds like a sinister name...but prob is got...haha

I found a couple of different groups, will have to do dome further research...

reply to post by A Fortiori

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The SH*T has hit the fan people;
I know if people start rioting my first stop will be a place that has guns, like walmart or gunstores;
or i might take it from a cops car, i heard they carry bullet proof vests and handguns, shotguns, and radio, stun guns, and pepper spray might be of use too, and also first aid kit;

i have read somewhere that warfare in 3rd world countries like veitnam basically just consists of a group of 4 people robbing and killing the enemy for weapons, food and medical supplies whenever they need it;
they probably think of it as their local walmart;
and also they never got into a fight where they wasnt sure they were GOING TO WIN

for bigger projects they teamed up with other 4 person crews and info was kept on a need to know basis only

the veitnamese didnt have any public figure leaders; their leader was the idea of freedom

[edit on 16-9-2009 by DjSharperimage]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I also just read that the government just released 2 new viruses; virus U and virus I

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by fullmoonfairy

Thanks for posting that fullmoonfairy,

So they relaly do have the technology, I know they do...it is not just for the James Bond movie anymore.

I have never like the thought of taking a vaccine...not going to do it...
but taking one with a chip in it? Well...over my dead body...

[edit on 16-9-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Britman

You know that is an interesting idea...

Talking a short time of repreive but might work for the beta test..
I think this bracelet id is a beta test...

First they will get the major cities on line and up to speed, that is going to take some doing. Unless they have a rabbit up thier sleeve!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join