It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare Reform in 4 Easy Steps!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Here's how you reform healthcare in 4 easy steps without throwing another trillion down the black hole of Government.

1. Mandatory Health Insurance for those making $20,000 a year or more

We should make health insurance mandatory for those making $20,000 a year and more. We then subsidize those making below $20,000 a year. This will mean that nobody gets a free ride who can afford to pay for health insurance. They even have plans that reimburse you money if your in good health.

2. Allow consumers to buy health insurance across state lines

This is easy. Get rid of state mandates and allow consumers to buy insurance across state lines. This way a person in New Jersey can buy a plan in Vermont. This will add competition and bring down costs as more people are added to the insurance rolls.

3. Remove pre-existing conditions

Since the insurance companies will be adding a lot of new customers, they should drop any pre-existing conditions.

4. Start a National healthcare charity

This nationally recognized healthcare charity will raise money and provide 2 to 3 physicals or check ups per year. This will go along way towards prevention.

These things don't require a massive takeover of healthcare by the Government. It doesn't require Government spending and wasting trillions because you know a program this size will balloon over the years and we are already buried in debt.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix Rising
Here's how you reform healthcare in 4 easy steps without throwing another trillion down the black hole of Government.

1. Mandatory Health Insurance for those making $20,000 a year or more

We should make health insurance mandatory for those making $20,000 a year and more. We then subsidize those making below $20,000 a year. This will mean that nobody gets a free ride who can afford to pay for health insurance. They even have plans that reimburse you money if your in good health.

You lost me right there, people who make 20,000 a year can not afford healthcare, nor should you or the government make health care mandatory in any way.

typical democrat ideal that the government has the right to tell us how we should live our lives and on top of that tell us what we can and can not afford, you take a single mother who makes 24k a year and explain to her that she will need to pay 300-500 a month for healthcare because she can afford it.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
For the first ten or more years I was working, I opted not to buy health insurance. I was young, healthy, fit, why should I pay into something I wasn't going to use? I could use the extra few bucks myself, I used it for my gym membership. Did more for my health than a checkup every year. I paid for Dental out of my pocket.

We have way too many deductions from our paychecks, we should be REMOVING those deductions that are forced upon us, not add more! What those mandatory subscription people thinking? Are they daft?!?

If it's a legal requirement to pay for healthcare, and the government provides healthcare, then your health is the property of the government. Why not make it illegal to be fat? How about illegal to not exercise? How about illegal to mistreat your body since government pays to maintain it? What about athletes who are prone to injury, or horse riding, or motorcycle riding, or tack on an extra charge to your traffic ticket for risking injury to your government maintained health?

new topics

join