It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Mike Grayson Announces Hearing For ‘Audit the Fed’ Bill!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrpotatohead
I have previously said before, and I will say again, an audit will never happen.

I would concur. There are always a few of well intentioned individuals in government trying to do the right thing and they always seen to get short stopped and nothing more is ever heard.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I hate to say this, but I think this may be a feint and/or cover for something much bigger. If the Fed really wanted no auditing, they could simply lobby the Senators and Congressmen to not support this bill since they are bankers also. I mean both sides will support the banks regardless as long as they can get cover. I have been hearing alot and I do mean alot of rumors and concerning the early fall of this year. Sept. 30th disclosure of the end of the year for financials to seriously report what is on their books and Van Deer meek (I believe) saying that this will start the massive financial collapse. Then I have heard about Embassies being ordered to buy foreign currency, enough to last one year. Then about bank holidays for the fall but it will be by region (which I don't believe the region part because once a holiday is enacted for financial problems everyone and their mother will be running to their bank to pull their money out). Also about the FDIC increasing many times the number of problem banks (which we don't really know because if keeps going up and more than likely more will be added). It could be that the reason they are pushing this Fed disclosure stuff (which if the banks wanted this squashed they could have done it, come on for christ sakes, the literally have the govt. over barrel saying that they are to big to fail and some are. Because politician or no politician, they won't be blamed for destroying the american economy) is that they know that the economy is about to have it's reckoning, so they are trying to find places and people and organizations and businesses to blame for the implosion and by them Auditing the Fed they can act shocked and say "see they are the ones that destroyed our economy" and have a scapegoat.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
is there a difference between Mike Grayson and Alan Mark Grayson??

en.wikipedia.org...

Mr. Grayson is a very wealthy man, smart and has been in the judicial system for some time. I cannot imagine that he would be allowed to sit on the Finance Committee by more senior members, and incite trouble within the inner circle. Senior members often use the fresh and appealing freshman representatives to do their dirty work. That's because everyone knows the old windbags are liars and crooks, and history proves that point.

That's why I question the motive of Mr. Grayson here. The fed needs to BE ABOLISHED, not audited. Do you really think the audit findings would be released to you and I?? Are you that gullible? Did they release the details of the stress tests (on banks) to the public?? Well, there's your answer.

This is called 'taking the bulls by the horn". Whenever there is an issue that threatens the bankster/gangsters/politcos/corporatists, they reframe the issue, find a likeable salesperson, and sell their propaganda. The issue is why the fed holds so much power and secrecy. The other issue is why we pay interest on money created by the Treasury, given to the fed, and then lent back to the government. With every billion dollars, the americans pay 25 million in interest. That's the money you fork over to the IRS. The IRS is the goon squad for the fed reserve to collect its interest.

So if you lend a trillion dollars, the taxpayer is paying 25 billion in interest.

And you must ask yourself...why??? Congress did and can have the authority to issue money. So why? Because if you are in Congress, and you dare breach such an issue, you will be taken down immediately.

So, while Grayson may have sincere ambitions with auditing the fed, that will not bring the change we need to restructure America to a fairer and debtless society.

Congress members do not work for us. That's what they are not suppose to tell you. And they don't. Certainly you folks have figured that out...right?

Don't depend on any Congress member to help us. It has never happened before, and for those that have tried, they are dead.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by allclear]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
ok, so WHO exactly will be auditing the FED if this bill goes through? who gets to choose? if its a group of big name IMF bankers or something equally retarded, forget about it.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The scariest thing someone can say to you is “hi, I’m from the government and I’m here to help.”
Ronald Ragan
If they do wind up releasing any info it will probably be another one of those documents we see released from the freedom of information act with all the pages blacked out except for a few words and a brief description of what every one had for lunch that day.
Try not to get your hopes up to much, but keep hope alive.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
If this turns into an actual independent audit I'll be surprised, kinda like the oh I forget the name of the office that's supposed to investigate wrongdoing and was independent and then Obama made it so that office was responsible to the executive. I'm sure independent is actually code word for "seemingly independent but actually under our control to only reveal what we want to be revealed". I know Ron Paul is the sponsor of this bill, but watch how he votes, he will often vote no on bills he sponsors or things he pushes because, A it was unconstitutional to begin with (funding for texas stuff) or it got changed in committee and is no longer the bill he originally intended it to be.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gaborn415

Ummm....I dont know what you are specifically referring to but I dont think Ron Paul does that...

His record speaks...pretty clear. Do you have any source that says otherwise?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
auditing...auditing...

False Flag!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Do not be surprised if there is a terror attack before this goes through as these people will stop at nothing to continually rape the American taxpayer.

Did ya'll happen to know for every dollar the Fed prints it must be paid back $2.30 on the loan?

I say we go with the Lincoln system that decreed that if the Govt printed $1 all it required was $1 to pay it back.

The Rothschilds will not be too happy with this and we the American people really don't give a flying yap what they think.

Look at the stock market as of late, we can't seem to get past 9,700 in the DJIA, this is them playing thier little kid games with the market and the more people wake up to that fact the games will soon be over.

Perhaps the recent call for martial law and this are related as if the Congress tries to audit the Fed they will commit a terror attack in order to retain control of our money supply.

The gloves are off on this one. Expect anything, nothing from this point foward shall come as a suprise to anyone.

We must watch to see who is actually given the task with conducting and carrying out the audit as to expose any member of The Congress as being either, married to, related or in the lineage of any of the known banking cartels.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by TheImmaculateD1]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Audit the FED?
Destroy the entire damn system.
Those elitists will start a war...let'em...I hope they die in it.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
the fed is a tumor. get the governor of cali involved. in fact, i'll write songs about it. ladies and gentleman, this will all come to pass. the fed, is, in fact, untouchable. noone and nothing will touch it. it's a joke that it will be audited, much less that s@#$ will hit the fan. not the governor of cali, not my or anyone else's song, not the ats, none of you, and certainly not a politician will ever be able to make even a dent in that fortress. it would be great if i were wrong... i would love it if i were wrong

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I would love to see Dr.Paul's bill passed but we all know that the Fed do everything in their power to get this bill killed in the senate if it passes the house.I can see the Fed demanding that Obama vetoes it or else.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I wouldn't get to excited with this news either...

I believe Mr Frank said when/if it was ever completed, and even ended up remotely looking like Mr Pauls bill after being run through the CONgressional "Cookie Cutter"...it still wouldn't be released till many months had passed, as not to upset "The Apple Cart"...

...Concerning the question of who would audit the Fed Res...

U.S. Government Accountability Office
www.gao.gov...

A supposed political independent bureau...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Well if the audit doesn't go through maybe some hackers can raid the banking files and get down to the nitty gritty and put it all over the net. That would be great.There should be a transparent quickbooks for everything the fed does accessible by everybody that wants to see.The actions of the fed should be known by everybody that deals with money because it is so vital to the security of the nation and other nations. The fed acts like this is a game but the people aren't playing this rigged game anymore.Time for the people to hit them where the good lord splittem.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I have read many posts on here, that the Fed is to powerful to be hurt. Well, I disagree, they have been extended to their breaking point as far as money goes. They have spent themselves silly trying to bring the people down to their knees.....and it`s not working. All these bailouts and stimulus bills have nearly broke them, and by the way it looks, the job may be done. All I can say folks, is hang onto your hats if this passes, we will be in for one wild ride. I have a feeling the country will be broke before the end of this year. And yes, if it does go broke, it won`t last long, there may be plans in the works to restart our banking system.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
This is great progress!

My only fear is that the "independent" audit will be done by a privately owned organization, paid for by the U.S. Government or the Fed itself...

9/11 commission report anyone?

Keep watching...

S&F

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Here's my guesses:

1) The audit is a theater show like iran contra or 9/11 commission

2) The Fed's turn is up and the big money is going to just move over and start working under a new name while the dogs go after the Fed shell.

3) The Fed audit murmurs are a threat being used by some powers that be against other powers that be. We don't really have any say in it - but this is one power play that we're not really a part of like we think we are.

4) Or it's nothing... vague references to future hearings but nothing solid. Just a bone... a distracting bone.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Auditing the Federal reserve is a fantasy, why? because its a private banking cartel and everyone as a price tag and desperate times call for desperate actions so these people we have in there are gonna get bought and to audit it, over 96 years of dealings. You know how long it would take? and if they did I wonder how many years it would take?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by GCDrift
Auditing the Federal reserve is a fantasy, why? because its a private banking cartel and everyone as a price tag and desperate times call for desperate actions so these people we have in there are gonna get bought and to audit it, over 96 years of dealings. You know how long it would take? and if they did I wonder how many years it would take?

Could be true, but what I am not sure you're getting is that you have to start somewhere. You have to start pushing them back to the wall. You have to show them that what they are doing will not be allowed anymore and that they and their paper are powerless. They have to know that wherever they are and whatever they are doing that we are waiting around the corner for them.

Every little bit of effort here and there adds to the overall collective effect of breaking them down. Creating divisions among them. Causing panic in their ranks. Kind of like what they have done to us.

Karma is a real B.

This is only the first battle in a bigger war. But it's a start.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I'm starting to see this audit as a chess move. I think the Federal Reserve System is done. I think it will be wound down and all that power that they held will be transfered to the IMF. A new standard IMF reserve currency will be used worldwide and all Countries debts will be issued under the IMF reserve currency. Rates will be based on credit rating.

All the Banking Cartel is doing is streamlining their operations. It's expensive to have all these banks open. Cuts down on their profits. By consolidating and basically owning every single country outright that gets treasuries this way they dig their claws in a little deeper.

That's the way I see it.

IMF Says New Reserve Currency to Replace Dollar Is Possible

G-20 Nearing Agreement on Shifting IMF Quotas, Officials Say

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join