It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Taser Takes Down Three People at a Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Story snip>>

"FOUNTAIN HILLS, Ariz. — A Taser stun gun, capable of shocking three people without being reloaded, was unveiled Monday in front of hundreds of law enforcement officers who applauded after watching six rounds of the barbed wire fired at metal targets. www.foxnews.com.../scitech/innovation

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/16476b3d8f65.jpg[/atsimg]

Great , just what the cops need . That way than can tag more innocent people at once. Maybe we should all start carrying our own Taser....I want a laser site on mine.

[edit on 9/16/2009 by Grayelf2009]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
If you think that's bad, just wait until the police (the bad ones at least) will Tase someone will all three shots and then after they die will claim that the subject was still a threat and had to be shocked again.

Its just a matter of time...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

I dont know what happend to my last edit but it disappered, sure it was me . Anywho it goes on to say further down in the article "Amnesty International says 351 people in the U.S. died after they were shocked with Tasers"
Thats just wrong. It won't be long till they have shock sticks too...you watch. I bet we see them in 2 years.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagoSA
If you think that's bad, just wait until the police (the bad ones at least) will Tase someone will all three shots and then after they die will claim that the subject was still a threat and had to be shocked again.

Oh my god , didn't think of that. Yeah I would say you would probably die.....fricken yikes. In the article it says the cheered and clap when it was introduced/presented...

[edit on 9/16/2009 by Grayelf2009]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Well in the name of balanced debate, real law enforcers are bound to be happy about this . This technicaly means that they will have a less than lethal takedown weapon, which can incapacitate more than one person at a time. This has obvious advantages over the regular tazer , and the standard issue police sidearm.
First of all, ANY option which means less bullets and blood is a good option , thats obvious. Second, the original air tazer was a one shot tool, meaning that once fired, the officer in control of the weapon would have to draw a gun to defend themselves from another armed opponent. This is a tricky thing to do when handling a device like a tazer. The new one makes it possible to put three enemies in a compliant state, without ever having to draw a gun.
Now Im not stupid. I know that SOME law enforcers do not behave in an acceptable manner, but that really cant be helped except by political and legal investigation. Quite simply , if you are that worried about it , run for mayor or congress or some political station like that, and do something the hell about it . Otherwise you are merely widdling in the wind, and thats pathetic. Not manful at all . Goodness sake have some dignity . Meanwhile dont hamstring good enforcement officials , they have a tough job to do , and enough problems already without people telling them that effective tools merely give them the power to do more wrong.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagoSA

A matter of time? That's the first thing they'll do. They already have a habit of firing 3 or 4 tasers into the same person, and ONE taser is already way more powerful than it ever needed to be. They fire, what, 10-15 shocks with each hit? I haven't yet seen anybody fail to go down at the first shock.

Just one shock from one of these can pose many very serious health risks. They should be banned, not applauded, IMO.

Originally posted by TrueBrit
This technicaly means that they will have a less than lethal takedown weapon

The correct term is "Less Lethal". Adding the "than" in the middle makes them sound safer than they actually are. In many cases they are not immediately lethal but can and do cause serious problems later on, up to and including death.

Point is there are plenty of NON lethal alternatives they could use, if they bothered to develop them further.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Clickfoot]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Sandbag Shotguns?

Rubber bullets or Wax Bullets?

Pepper Spray Paintball guns?

vortex ring gun?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Clickfoot

Well sure enough if they were all trained to high levels in unarmed combat , they could take on a riot full of crazies and knock em all out without killing them, but to be fair, most cops on earth would not make the grade in that level of martial arts.
I look at it this way :
Its not a magnum round through the face ... and if you would rather just get shot in the head to avoid the pain , then Im afraid that you might just be hopelessly pathetic, and have your priorities all wrong.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

All the different rounds you mention are only non lethal if they connect with the body , if a stray round goes and hits a sucker in the eye socket, might well puncture the eye and damage the brain, wouldnt say the same of bean bag rounds, but dont forget that they can cause internal bleeding if not correctly aimed.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
That is worrying! They say it is a non-lethal way of taking someone out, when there is enough evidence to suggest that it is lethal to some people! However they still continue using them!

Then they make this goliath of a gun...

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by The Songwriter

Well wait a second there fella , a GOLIATH of a gun would be something like the big 50cal rifles they are using these days ... nasty , nasty head detonatingly powerful weapons they are.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Every one is complaining that Tazars are not totally non-lethal. But nothing can ever be truly and totally non-lethal. I say, it is better then a bullet, that is 99% fatal. And if a crazed gunman is killed by one, well he would have been shot anyway, and if you are going to threaten someones life, you cant complain when yours becomes endangered. But, when the police use them in every situation, like zapping a lady for answering back to him, then it is the police force that should looked into. The more weapons like this the better.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
tasers are slowly being banned around the world as lethel weapons - yet the US stills uses it

top topics

join