It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has ACORN become Obama's Haliburton?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
This early in the administration and we have ACORN. Obama's ties, however tenuous, will forever link him to the "community" organization, ACORN.

Throughout the entire Bush/Cheney era, we heard nothing from the left except Haliburton this, Haliburton that. Their cries of corruption and deceit became common place. I am not here today to argue those points.
I only bring it up because now, we have a "new" Haliburton.

One where the MSM is not even reporting, or if they are it's a defense piece.

And here are the names of the senators that voted NOT to stop funding for ACORN, even though they have been busted now 4, count them, 4 times for the videos we have seen on this site alone.

Dick Durbin (D-IL)
Roland Burris (D-IL)
Robert Casey (D-PA)
Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY)
Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI)
Patrick Leahy (D-VT)
Bernie Sanders (I-VT)

Here are a few "headlines" I picked out about Cheney throughout the last 8 years.

As it turns out, Halliburton and Friends just happen to be awarded major contracts for the Department of Defense thoughout the 1990s. Whatever they earned when Dick was CEO cannot compare with the billions of taxpayer dollars that Halliburton and Friends have earned since Dick became Vice President of the United States.

bringiton22205.tripod.com...

FTW October 24, 2000 - The success of Bush Vice Presidential running mate Richard Cheney at leading Halliburton, Inc. to a five year $3.8 billion "pig-out" on federal contracts and taxpayer-insured loans is only a partial indicator of what may happen if the Bush ticket wins in two weeks.

www.fromthewilderness.com...

WASHINGTON - Halliburton Inc. paid high-priced bills for common items, such as soda, laundry and hotels, in Iraq and Kuwait and then passed the inflated costs along to taxpayers, according to several former Halliburton employees and a Pentagon internal audit.
Democrats in the House of Representatives, who are feuding with House Republicans over whether the spending should be publicly aired at a hearing on Tuesday, released signed statements Monday by five ex-Halliburton employees recounting the lavish spending.

halliburtonhell.blogspot.com...

Three years ago, the CEO of Amazon was Time's Person of the Year. Bill Gates was God. Venture capitalists and dot-com entrepreneurs were American heroes. That was when the market was up.
Today the market is down, and CEOs are bums. So the cry has gone up, "Hey, wasn't Dick Cheney a CEO?"
The vice president was indeed CEO of Halliburton, an oil services company. As the Enron, WorldCom and other scandals unfold, his tenure has come under attack. Why?
He took the money and ran. Cheney made millions when he sold his Halliburton stock in the summer of 2000.

www.encyclopedia.com...

Granted, only FOX NEWS and the internet are carrying the issues with ACORN now. But to illustrate the absolute hypocracy of the government/media I wanted to try to put this together.

I will be the first to admit, that I am no fan of Obama or his administration. But I can assure you that I will be on top of this as much as the MSM was when it came to Haliburton and the Bush administration.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I think it is still a little to early to tell, but it definitely is starting to shape up that way. To the best of my knowledge he hasn't said anything about it yet.

The thing is he knew all this was going on and there is no defense of this behavior and the organization and its "affiliates" are so numerous that he can't afford to throw them under the bus.

This is going to be interesting, but very uneventful. I wonder if there are any more tapes out there.

The thing about all this is that it would be one thing to help them out in a way such as, helping them find a job and get off the streets and everything. But it is crossing the line when you are conspiring to aid and abet people for sex trafficking.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I didn't add the dozen or so states now under investigation
for voter fraud, coersion, etc.

I think this is only going to get bigger.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Oh yea there is a bunch of stuff wrong with ACORN and they need to be investigated. The reason why I say it is too early to tell yet is because I haven't heard a statement from the WH yet.

Now once that happens, if it happens in a reasonable amount of time say by the end of the week, it will depend on what is said. But if they don't say anything by the end of the week then yea this will the "Haliburton" of the Obama admin.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Just remember, I said it first. Any t-shirt deals, bumper stickers, tv tag-lines, it's mineminemine!

new topics

top topics

join