It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the Bible or other Religious texts predict a FALSE 2nd Coming Before the "Real" one?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I am not religious but am interested in the religious viewpoint if this issue for research pruposes.

Alot of people are anticipating some sort of "false" or "human-staged" second coming of christ and his armies before the "real" one occurs . The Bible talks of the real second coming being an aerial event, with Christ arriving quite spectacularly with his heavenly armies in the skies then setting about waging some kind of attack on Earth to rid the planet of the ungodly/unfaithful/sinners and put an end to the Gog-Magog war in some epic battle many refer to as "Armageddon"etc etc.

In respect of this idea of a false second coming preceding the "real event" it doesn't seem to indicate one will occur , only that there will be numerous false christs and false prophets and then of course the famous "false prophet" of revelation who works hand in hand with the beast with 2 heads who is affiliated with the 4th Beast. I can't find any texts that speak of Satan trying to stage some false second coming, arriving in the skies with a fleet of ships etc....but maybe you know of something I've overlooked.

The "real" second coming sounds like a global UFO event and many Christians associate ETs and UFO's with demons/Satan and are expecting the false second coming to be some sort of alien arrival or project blue beam holograph event. With Satan frequently associated with ruling the skies in the bible the connection is logical. If the "Real" second coming involves Jesus and his army arriving in ships in the sky then the "false" second coming would surely be an attempt to copy this, but without attacking Earth as Jesus plans to do - the Satan Christians believe in is hardly going to win anyone's trust if he and his sidekicks start attacking Earthlings is he. By NOT attacking earth, the "false" second coming would be a beacon to Christians who are expecting Satan to come under false pretences, bearing some flag of peace and love to humanity. Christians expect many to be swayed by this approach while others eagerly await the "showdown" with the "real" Christ and his own fleet of UFO's.

I'm hoping someone here really knows their scriptures and can tell me if the bible makes any clear allusions to this idea of a false second coming connecting to a global UFO arrival in Earth's skies. Also, does the bible mention anything about a war in the skies taking place BETWEEN Satan's fleet and Christ's fleet ? I am aware of the "There was war in the heaven's " text but this seems to relate back to the ORIGINAL rebellion millenia ago, not to some future event...?

There may be other religious texts having nothing to do with Christianity that also mention something similar and if you know of something please reply. I'm specifically searching for texts that predict "the bad guys" arriving in the skies then the "good guys" also arriving in the skies a few years later .

Thankyou

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Nice ideas. Im not 100% sure what the torah say, but a muslim friend of mine at work said, that ' when the ice on the northpole have melted, there will come Beasts and fight a big war, this is after the shields around earth has been beaten down, after the war is over, allah will come and reinstate peace on earth', some thing along those lines...

There are probabply ATS's that are muslim who can shed more light on this...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
Nice ideas. Im not 100% sure what the torah say, but a muslim friend of mine at work said, that ' when the ice on the northpole have melted, there will come Beasts and fight a big war, this is after the shields around earth has been beaten down, after the war is over, allah will come and reinstate peace on earth', some thing along those lines...

There are probabply ATS's that are muslim who can shed more light on this...

Thats the first iv heard of it haha,
but there is many versions of "what is gonna happen".

I will look into the qu'ran in a bit and see what i can find,
but what i have benen told by my mum and alot of relatives is this story ...

Antichrist comes disguising himself as a saviour,
He will be of great stature and have a protruding head/forehead,
He will tell the people of the world how he has come to destroy sinners,
He and his armies will march across the land telling people to join him by taking his mark (several sources refer to getting it put into your wrist or branded into your forehead)
Millions will join him, millions who dont will die,
and when the army is knocking at the gates of Jerusalem,
where the last of humanity will stand, Jesus shall appear and lead a prayer to the might of the lord and then marching against the beast hailing a new world, where the aftermath will bring the presence of god upon earth.

Edit: Muslims believe it is Jesus that comes back

[edit on 16-9-2009 by wazthewazzock]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Out of curiosity, do you mean by (seeing the tittle of this thread) that there should be two "false prophets" before the true 2nd coming of Jesus? Or am I mistaken?

Because, otherwise you could just read some bible to find it out?

To my opinion, every prophet or avatar is a false one. One cannot capture the living word, which itself is the existence as a whole, so breaching about it is kinda meaningless thing to do; they just cause more misunderstanding, more wars and suffering.

Christians or anyone can believe what they want, if it is their truth, fine! I don't mind if they want to go about having wars, prejudices and all the stuff like that.

Well, now into their "holy book"; If I recall correctly, there is chapter/paragraph whatever in the book of john that there will be somekind of a antichrist before christ, breaching falsely about kindom of god and that many shall be deceived by that one.

-v

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
In the Hopi prophecies, there is indeed mention of entities coming under the guise of helping man, prior to the true Creator returning. But the first ones coming are not about good, but evil.

That's just out of my recollection, would have to find it again to be more specific.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

No, I didn't mean to suggest two false prophets. I'm aware there is expectation of a strong delusion that will deceive even the faithful Christians and wondered if any scriptures from around the world mentioned if this show of wonders tied into some sort of aerial event in any way rather than simply a lot of grand oratory and display of supernatural powers. Just trying to see if there is a PREDICTED Ufo /ET event suggested in connection with "demons" or "bad guys" and also if the second coming is associated with a similar aerial event in different belief systems around the world. I've read alot of the bible but not all of it and thought I could save some time if anyone here knew their scriptures connected to their personal religion inside out and could quote something from memory . I'm beginning to look into the world wide beliefs but thought I'd post here for any helpful pointers as there is a lot to research !

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

If you have the time and inclination I'd be really grateful if you could source any reference you may have as that's v.interesting

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Okay, revelation of john - or whatever that is called. In the bible, it speaks about it, if you want to research. It's the last book in the new testament if I recall correctly. Can't really give a opinion whether it is 'hinting' on UFO's or anything, but anythings possible!

Good luck making up your mind!

-v

PS. Oh by the way, the holy texts of hinduism are full of references to UFOs, but I do not know if they are in the context that you are looking for.

But there, if you didn't already know:

www.sacred-texts.com... (Internet sacred texts archive - from various religions).

[edit on 16-9-2009 by v01i0]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

Yes, I know about the UFO talk in many ancient legends and I'm v. familiar with Revelations, and the ancient astronaut theory is something I've looked into alot over the years. I just haven't read each world religion's books cover to cover so am looking to pin down specific stuff I might not have already come across in books that go into the subject

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The book of Joel, and the 5th & 6th trumpet in the book of Revelation, Revelation Chapter 13, Isaiah 24, 25, 26, 13, 14, Jeremiah 25:15-38 Daniel Chapter 8 and 9, Matthew Chapter 24, All give us a clear understanding of what the end times will be like and the army that will fight against the LORD Jesus Christ and His army.

The UFO's that we are seeing today are not from God. They are the Fallen Angels and our Governments version of them. They are already spraying orbs in our atmosphere.

We are seeing what I believe are the first 5 seals of revelation, that coincide with the times of sorrows in Matthew 24, with the last church age of Laodecia. The separation of the wheat from the tares. The time of the harvest.

We are also watching the fulfillment of Revelation 13. NWO. One world government is being developed through the downfall of the economies. Battle over religion and bringing them all together is the focus of many conferences held today, except christianity and the word of God.

The UFO quagmire is the strong delusion. Alien races from other worlds. People they are here in our own back yards, in our wild life preservations. Remote areas.

We are seeing our fish dieing in record numbers, wildlife, sealife. Earthquakes, famine, drought, pestilence, flooding, fires, volcano's, landslides, civil unrest all over the world, devasting hurricanes, typhoons, tornadoes. Literally the waves and sea's roaring. And the battle over Jerusalem. Israel is surrounded by her enemies.

The LORD God always brings the evil upon the earth when sin increases. He empowers the Fallen Angels. Satan comes down to the earth having great wrath, because he knows he has but a short time. As in the days of Noah and in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah. We see this today.

So the UFO's are already being used against us, but you are not aware of it, because you do not know the effects of what they can do. Angels do not die, they are eternal beings. If you read the gospels, the LORD Jesus Christ tells us of their end judgement over and over again, and that same judgement will be to anyone that rejects Jesus. You will be His enemy.

We are in the final days of the Laodecia Church age. Please start learning what God says, stop rejecting the LORD. They are passing laws that go against the commandments of God, and that is why we are in such a terrible state today. You as an individual is what matters now. Your responsiblity to have a personal relationship with our Savior.

Only the Gift of Salvation, the Seal of the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of God, is what will see you through these end times. I would rather stand and fight for the Word of God, and His precepts and statutes, then for any other reason. We may die for our faith, but we are promised an eternal life in a world filled with joy, peace and beauty, forever with the Living God, Jesus Christ.

Watch the U.N. I believe that the beast that rises out of the sea will come from there. The beast that rises out of the earth is the one world religion, which I believe the fallen angels (aliens,ufo's) will be very much the fulfillment of. One world economy is already in development stages.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by ljib777]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Islam does have a concept of the arrival of Dajjal (The Flase Messiah) before the coming of Christ(PBUH).

Here's a detailed video for the full overview of the concept:
Dajjal the False Messiah

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Unlettered]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The best I can do for you is revelations-13:13 eew (3RD BEAST W/ 2HORNS LIKE A LAMB ASCEDNING FROM WITHIN EARTH*FALSE PHOPHET* makes fire come down from the heavens to earth in site of mankind, misleading mankind with the signs it was GRANTED TO PERFORM IN SIGHT OF THE WILD BEAST)

REVELATIONS-14 THRU 14:6 the REAL LAMB !CHRIST! and his WARRIORS NEAR MOUNT ZION

[edit on 9/16/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Unlettered

Thanks for the link, I am going to watch it this evening once my son is in bed.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I see the beast system already in place. Greed and Corruption seem to be the hallmarks of all evil. Is it possible that the 1st coming has come and it is a false coming? Bush promised to rid the world of all evil, citing that you were either with us or against us. He came in peace, and for 7 years after waged war against the world.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The whole concept of the Anti-Christ not only includes being against Jesus Christ but but Satan wanting to replace God and Christ, therefore everything that the Bible describes as being Christ-like or things that will usher in the return of Christ, Satan through the Anti-Christ and False Prophet will try to imitate or recreate for their own purposes.

I believe a part of the "falling away" or apostacy described prior to the return of Christ will involve most people, even professing but not true believing Christians, accepting the Anti-Christ as the actual return of Christ. Therefore, staging a false flag "rapture" by some means to trick people would be a good mechanism to cause many to turn to the Anti-Christ and worship him prior to Christ's actual return.

I have never believed in a pre-tribulation rapture. The early church was forged during intense persecution and martyrdom. I see the same thing in the end times and the rapture will only occur at the very end of things. Most true believers will be killed or will survive by the power of miracles and God's protection.

new topics

top topics

join