It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burgers target your brain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Burgers target your brain

www.iol.co.za

Research shows that unhealthy fats found in dairy products, burgers and milk shakes quickly make their way to the brain, where they shut off the alarm system that tells us when we've had enough to eat.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I always wondereed why I am still hungry after I have eaten junk food.
I wonder whether fast food restaurants know this?
Then are fast food restaurants delibertely making us fat?
They say the effects can lst up to 3 days... that means that if you eat burgers twice a week you are likely to become obese and you carve food all the time and just fuel the craving.

This reminds you of ciggarettes...anyone?

www.iol.co.za
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Star and Flagged

Diet is so highly underestimated...

If you accidentally poured oil into your transmission you'd freak out knowing your car was going to fry sooner or later, not run the engine bring it straight in to be flushed.

But the Body... naw we put any crud we can find into it

I have an even bigger concern for you here

Trans fat

if over time it can clog the arteries that supply blood to your heart, arteries the size of your thumb

what does that do to the tiny little capillaries in your brain?

And what affect did 2 generations of fast food consumption do to overall Intelligence in America and much of the West in general?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
It's probably just the added MSG doing this they add it to everything now under various names in this case probably a protein powder.

It's worth reading up on actually if you don't know about it although you probably can't avoid it anyway they have to many different names for it but if you get addicted to a food there's a good chance it's really the MSG it apparently has a similar effect to valium.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I gotta get me some MSG then. I kid. Seriously, though, does this study find these substances to be found in greater concentration in "fast-food" or is it merely a part of the makeup of meat and dairy? If its fast-food based it may have to do with the concentrations of fats. Because I know there are genetic tolerances to different foods including meats and dairy. I wonder if these were taken into account or if all brains undergo this effect equally? Interesting stuff though, I'll have to take the time to read the study. S&F

top topics

join